Nook Color with Rooted Cm7 sd card

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to go about reading a book on this. All of my books are pdf format but I can convert them. I sure would appreciate any help in this matter as I am getting really frustrated not being able to read. I have Calibre on my computer but everytime I hook up my Rooted Nook Color with Cm7 card my Calibre freezes up and am unable to use it with this.

Verna 2197

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Verna, I'm not sure about the changes made when purchasing a card but CM7 usually comes with EzPDF Reader by default which can be used to read PDFs. Besides that there are many reading apps including Calibre that can read PDFs without converting them. Not sure why Calibre is freezing but you may want to try EzPDF or another PDF reader (Adobe) to test out the files and see if you have any more issues opening them.

I'm sorry your tablet experience has been troublesome so far but hang in there, it is not typical to have so many issues and you can probably get sorted out.

JP

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Thank you Jp yep don't know what is going on either but its pretty frustrating. Even contacted the place where I purchased the sd card from and they don't know why Calibre freezes up either just need to find me an app I guess Oh I have been having a real hard time trying to get my books off my puter and onto the Nook.

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
Jp can you tell me how to go about changing the city and state on my nook. Once I put the CM7 sdcard in, it shows the date, time, temperature and city. It has San Diego as the city and I don't live no where close to California. I was tole that once I do the time zone as mine it would change. It did not change. I have looked everywhere on here trying to figure it out but as of yet can't find anything. I sure would appreciate anyones help

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi verna,

Go to Settings>Date & time then uncheck the Automatic box. Then you can set the date, select the time zone and set the time. Then exit back to the main screen and let it sit for a minute. Then go back to Settings>Date & time and check the Automatic box. On occasion it is possible to have the syncing issue you have described. This fix will usually correct that.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I'm glad to hear that. I was asking because you started this thread calling your nook:" this thing" , so I thought you were still battling with some issue, not a smooth sailing your rooting! Did you install Netflix? I like to watch movies on my nook between books and Netflix allow one to do that.
Gloria

verna2197

Nov 13, 2011
No didn't even think about Netflix, is it up to date movies or just old ones. I know at home on the computer its the older movies. Right now I am just really getting the hang of reading a book on it. I had to find a pdf reader for it. Also does anyone know should I put a virus protector on the Nook? I'm really not sure about that. I thought since it went on the internet that I probably should.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
A virus protector isn't a bad idea. You can try Lookout.

As for Netflix, the bulk is older movies but they also have new releases (within the last couple of months).