Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Upgrade itself went fine,

Upgrade fixes the google maps crash issue.

Boot and shutdown is much slower

I appear to have lost some apps after restoring using mybackup pro and oddly I cannot find them in the market - even though they are visible when viewing the market from a web browser.

Don't rely on mybackup pro, it does not appear to backup all app data - fbreader data etc

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I think I'm screwed. My tablet faded while loading, I pulled the battery to try again and now I have a plain gray screen. Won't do anything else. Am I bricked?

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
I think I'm screwed. My tablet faded while loading, I pulled the battery to try again and now I have a plain gray screen. Won't do anything else. Am I bricked?

Have you tried re-flashing. Pull the battery out, put the SD card with the dload folder in put the battery back in and turn it on. I had something similar happen and re-flashing worked for me. Good luck.

wingrider44

Mar 27, 2011
Flashed mine and it works perfectly. Thanks you guys for all your hard work. I'm a noob and would NEVER been able to figure it out. You folks rock!!!

terryc

Nov 13, 2010
You guys are great. Mine updated without a hitch.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@shanksv- yeah- tried. but when it powers on its just a gray screen. I even tried the huawei update tool. it looked liked it loaded successfully, but when restarted- just a gray screen. It powers on with a gray screen- nothing else.

Shifter2600

Dec 12, 2010
Yaa it worked... Now i can connect to my playon server. Thankyou 2,2 and flash.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
You don't have to be rooted to flash an original update.
The answer is yes.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Tapatalk

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
argh - this is real painful.

I have lost MM Tracker ( paid ) and Droid SCP ( free ) - it seems that they never backed up.

since the upgrade I can no longer see either of the apps in the Market, even though I can still see them when accessing the Market via a web browser.

Could someone please have a look in their market to see if it's just my tablet.

Regards

Pete

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Pedro, I see MM Tracker Free but nothing that matches Droid SCP.

I just noticed that the lowest media volume level with this update seems to be a much more manageable level!! Very nice! So far, everything is running very smoothly!!

Green0ck

Dec 29, 2010
Try formatting your SD card then reload the dload folder and start up ....

Sent from my HERO200 using Android Tablet Forum

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I would just modify my build.prop...
Try:
ro.build.description=passion-user 2.2 FRF91 43546 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

Also install MarketEnabler and set to US

See if that works...

Status
Not open for further replies.