Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
my bad, i read it missing 3.4% :D

someone posted a good idea to patch the missing xxKB files by using torrent. by creating torrent he doesn't need to seed the whole part because we have 99% of it. he just need to seed the missing part and torrent will to patch the file.
it could possibly work, because it is something like we move our torrent file from one pc to others.

unfortunately odienas is not willing to reply to the forum :(

This will not work. It will deleted the corrupted one and restart a download. I've attempted this before with corrupted file transfers. All you get is an "unrecoverable" error.

On a side note, what about the disk he sent via post mail? Is that still happening?

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
This will not work. It will deleted the corrupted one and restart a download. I've attempted this before with corrupted file transfers. All you get is an "unrecoverable" error.

On a side note, what about the disk he sent via post mail? Is that still happening?

yes it is on the way, it could be today (afternoon), could be the next 1,2 days depend on which service did he use.

if he share the waybill number, it could be track online.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
yes it is on the way, it could be today (afternoon), could be the next 1,2 days depend on which service did he use.

if he share the waybill number, it could be track online.

Awesome. Sounds fantastic. Knowing my luck Huawei will release something in the US right when I get it or soon there after =P

As far as more info as to why the torrent option will not work is due to how torrents download. They get many, MANY, small hash pieces. These pieces are compared and then integrated into the file(s) you are downloading. If you start with an already completed file, it's not segmented into these hash pieces. So, it has no way of fixing itself. Just thought I'd share.

dethanjl

Mar 15, 2011
sent huawei an email saying that i know indonesia has 2.2 and asking when we might expect it. Their reply: "we don't have a date for the release of this update at this time. Please feel free to keep checking our site at huaweidevice.com for the update when it becomes availiable"
In other words "I DUNNO"

zxhian

Apr 15, 2011
heres a quick thought, how about we restore from a nandroid backup source would be updated froyo installation from indonesia?

edit:
guess its better to wait, keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited:

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Hey Guys ive been following the 2.2 devlopment ever since I got my tablet back in December, well anyways i thought i would try and help. I was browsing through the Build.Prop and noticed there is a special URL for update checks: http://update-nl.huawei.com/phone_europe/UrlCommand/CheckNewVersion.aspx Well any ways i was thinking you guys could scan this directory instead of huawei's main directory (I read that it overloads quick).Im using IVYSAURS custom ROM (BTW props its awesome --- I use LP Sense Launcher On it and it runs so smoothly and looks awesome---!). i noticed the URL has Europe maybe we can have the 2.2 users check there BUILD.prop and see if there update URL is different.Also, if u guys need any help one of my best friend is Pro at android (he Cracked Motorola's boot loader and ported custom Roms to his device), He is On board with Helping us in anyway he can! so if IVY and dublea/ anyone else interested in helping wants to contact me we can chat about getting this up and running or perhaps making a custom ROM for this!
mail

mail

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Hey Guys ive been following the 2.2 devlopment ever since I got my tablet back in December, well anyways i thought i would try and help. I was browsing through the Build.Prop and noticed there is a special URL for update checks: http://update-nl.huawei.com/phone_europe/UrlCommand/CheckNewVersion.aspx Well any ways i was thinking you guys could scan this directory instead of huawei's main directory (I read that it overloads quick).Im using IVYSAURS custom ROM (BTW props its awesome --- I use LP Sense Launcher On it and it runs so smoothly and looks awesome---!). i noticed the URL has Europe maybe we can have the 2.2 users check there BUILD.prop and see if there update URL is different.Also, if u guys need any help one of my best friend is Pro at android (he Cracked Motorola's boot loader and ported custom Roms to his device), He is On board with Helping us in anyway he can! so if IVY and dublea/ anyone else interested in helping wants to contact me we can chat about getting this up and running or perhaps making a custom ROM for this!
mail

mail

we've got a custom rom if you'd like to help out...
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...eos-s7-froyo-beta-v0-1-android-2-2-2-wip.html

we just don't have the new radio...

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
okay Ive downloaded this ROM wifi was working partially. it would say scan then connecting but not do anything. i dont have a sim to test it but from what i read that does work either. i found in the build prop that URL and and trying to see if maybe something like http://update-id.huawei.com/phone_asia/UrlCommand/CheckNewVersion.aspx
would gain different results. also whats the status on trying to fool huawei into sending someone the update.app via email? i was thinking about trying this.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
okay Ive downloaded this ROM wifi was working partially. it would say scan then connecting but not do anything. i dont have a sim to test it but from what i read that does work either. i found in the build prop that URL and and trying to see if maybe something like http://update-id.huawei.com/phone_asia/UrlCommand/CheckNewVersion.aspx
would gain different results. also whats the status on trying to fool huawei into sending someone the update.app via email? i was thinking about trying this.

there is stuff like this being done on android-indonesia.com they have the updata.app, but the source's internet is terrible, so he mailed a disc to one of the people with a faster connection to upload, i think pg 25 of these posts has a link to the page everyone is following,
and as i said, yes the RADIO is missing so we have no phone, gps, market, sync, etc etc... the rom i have, the wifi works ABSOLUTELY fine and flaky for others and others the rom doesn't even boot. someone said they got their wifi working so hopefully he shares with the rest of the people's whos wifi isn't working on how he fixed it.

Edit: Also there is a russian version listed on that forum also, but same problems... except they seem to not get the camera working.... which does work in mine.

Last edited:

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Alright ima try and get huawei to email me the update posing as a forgin ilndonesian exchange student who got the tablet from my host faimly as a gift and I want to update it because the device. Turns on and says device update avilible but it won't download and I live to far to get to a service center so I would appreicate if they would send me the update files

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Alright ima try and get huawei to email me the update posing as a forgin ilndonesian exchange student who got the tablet from my host faimly as a gift and I want to update it because the device. Turns on and says device update avilible but it won't download and I live to far to get to a service center so I would appreicate if they would send me the update files

well you better do a bit more research, it wouldn't say an update was available on your device because 2.1 doesn't check for system updates, it lacks this feature, so if you do pose as an exchange student make sure your facts are correct, maybe talk with someone who already updated.

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Tell me what you think I'm on andrioid so its hard to type much but does this sound convincing feel free to suggest more

Hi my name is Brendon i recently moved to indonesia for a forgien exchange program . When I arrived my host family gave me a huawei ideos s7 for a gift. It is very good but is on 2.1 I'm tryin to update to 2.2 but won't let me I was reading that you can update by going to the service centers I talked to my host faimly and they can't drive me. I would reallly like this update so I was wondering if u could email me the file or a link to the update and. Walk me throuh the update I'm not very good with technology this my first android.
Thank you
-Brendon

Status
Not open for further replies.