Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Ok,

give us a clue - where are the build props ?

first I need to get it rooted...

I cheated, had those apps on a HTC Hero, so did a backup to SD card, then a restore to the tablet

Pete

Last edited:

raufhon

Mar 31, 2011
Guys I bought my s7 couple of weeks ago, did this thing where u expand ur sd partition as I was adviced here, but how can I update to 2.2 or whatever new updates that has come ?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
There is a link on previous page or 2 in this thread or look in the technical forum for step by step instructions.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

bigeazyace

Apr 18, 2011
yo just got my s7 and love it i popped in my Sim and away i went just want to know if i update will i Lose my tmobile unlock. Sorry i am a noob with android what is rooted and do i use it before or after update. Also is this battery issues as bad as people say. Thanks you for your hard work and any help.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
yo just got my s7 and love it i popped in my Sim and away i went just want to know if i update will i Lose my tmobile unlock. Sorry i am a noob with android what is rooted and do i use it before or after update. Also is this battery issues as bad as people say. Thanks you for your hard work and any help.

The S7 is unlocked and that shouldn't change, no need to Root 2.1 because you are replacing it with 2.2. Overall the battery life is poor on the S7 BUT for me it is certainly no worse with this 2.2 Rom, at least from my experience so far and the way I use my tablet. There may be people that have benchmarked this with a-b comparisons like running a looped video with screen brightness at maximum or whatever but I haven't heard of it being done.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
I have a tmobile sim card on the pay as you go.... Had it in before we got 2. 2, then i did the upgrade and it did not change a thing for tmobile. I didn't even take the sim card out when i did the 2. 2 Upgrade.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

hasycsb

Apr 25, 2011
can someone post one link to download this froyo?plz

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
It was released today, and I have uploaded the file here:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Haven't tried it yet (I'm at work), but will perform the upgrade on my S7 tonight.

There's a Norwegian PDF available too explaining the procedure, but after skimming through its 13 pages I think I can summarize to:
1) extract dload.zip to external micro SD
2) turn off S7
3) press [menu] plus [hangup], then [power]
4) when upgrade is finished, take out battery to power down, then do step 3) once more
4) take out battery, put it back in, turn on S7, and wait for further instructions (the S7 is factory reset, so all initial settings (time, date, etc.) must be set)

~Christopher

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
This is the id for 2.2.2 Norway version S7V100R001C57B111 it will start in Norwegian and has no locale on build.prop but after the update size I believe that has international locale.
If you have this installed keep us updated.

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
I just installed this norvegian rom on s7-101 (just front camera) - i have the same problems ... camera not working, light sensor working very hard .... 30 second and more until it changes the light level

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010

Haven't tried it yet (I'm at work), but will perform the upgrade on my S7 tonight.

There's a Norwegian PDF available too explaining the procedure, but after skimming through its 13 pages I think I can summarize to:
2) turn off S7
4) when upgrade is finished, take out battery to power down, then do step 3) once more
4) take out battery, put it back in, turn on S7, and wait for further instructions (the S7 is factory reset, so all initial settings (time, date, etc.) must be set)

~Christopher

Thanks for the release Chris
We always knew that the two major pivotal points in the universe were Indonesia and Norway!
(Only Joking):D
Great work!

Installed and all running good.
Language English by default.
Cameras working (Best Buy 104)
GPS fix in 3 seconds!!!!
WiFi stable (so far).
Running for 2 hours and no issues.
Starts set to Central European Time.
SOC ran smoothly this time!
When you insert or remove the SD card the device does a sort of short fast reboot. Disabling/re-enabling routine?

N.B. Device needs to rooted again!

Out of interest if you put the dload folder on your SD card and power up normally the whole process will run through to completion (the fresh screen configuration request) without touching anything and no battery removal.
It will boot twice on it's own and after the second time give OK update completed.
Remove the SD card and power off and then on for the final boot.
Well it did for me and I was quite surprised!

Flashed 6 hours ago and no issues at all.
It's running very sweet!!!!!!

Last edited:

Evgeniy

Apr 30, 2011

2) turn off S7

~Christopher
Hi! How do you find this firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.