Problem rooting Nook Color 1.1.0

Sanne1313

Mar 8, 2011
Just got my Nook Color, and have been trying to root it all day. Followed directions, but when I write the autonooter to my SD card, it won't copy, says folder is empty. What am I doing wrong?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
-Followed which directions?
-What autonooter version are you trying to burn?
-What SD card are you using?
-What image writing program did you use, winImage or win32diskimager

note: win32diskimager is easier to use. Here is link to current version https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/+download

-Are you picking the correct drive letter (your SD card) to write image t?
-Once you hit write or burn on the program, do you see a percentage of completion on the program letting you know the program is in the process of writing?

Th image program will first format your SD card down to the appropriate size then (burn) write the image content onto the SD card. You should be about to check the content on the sd card after writing. Your SD card will be also renamed to "autonooter 2 or 3". The size of the card should be about 30-40mb, down from whatever size it started out, 1Gb-8Gb

Sanne1313

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks for your reply. I used the directions from NookDevs. I downloaded autonooter 3, tried newest and previous version of Win32Diskimager, neither one worked. I chose the correct drive letter, it shows the percentage, then says done, but when I check the SD card it is empty. I have a 4 gig card. The image program does not seem to reformat the card.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for your reply. I used the directions from NookDevs. I downloaded autonooter 3, tried newest and previous version of Win32Diskimager, neither one worked. I chose the correct drive letter, it shows the percentage, then says done, but when I check the SD card it is empty. I have a 4 gig card. The image program does not seem to reformat the card.

try this:
right-click on exe, run as administrator

also if using a micro sd to sd adapter, make sure the lock is not on.