Reader for pdb format

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
I tried to use iReader to read pdb file on the NC but it doesn't work. It recognized the pdb file but couldn't open it up.

Anyone knows if there is any reader for the pdb file?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The reason it likely will not read the pdb is the pdb is either DRM or a non-standard format. Not all PDB are created the same. Try one the can read PRC files or MobiReader.
Also version can make a difference I found. I am still on ireader 1.07 as it is more flexible than 1.08+

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I use the free Calibre software (for windows) to convert all my books to epubs, including old palm books (pdb). It's a pretty nifty ebook management software actually.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Use the free version of ireader 1.0.9.5 or Buy the full version that will open DRM protected Mobipocket and EReader ebooks.

iReader -

or just convert your files to epub or pdf.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
The reason it likely will not read the pdb is the pdb is either DRM or a non-standard format. Not all PDB are created the same. Try one the can read PRC files or MobiReader.
Also version can make a difference I found. I am still on ireader 1.07 as it is more flexible than 1.08+
Hey gurgle!!! Fancy seeing you out here in the Nook owner's world! Hope you have the chance to visit more, it's a beautiful tab.

My 2 cents on the issue: I think the stock epub reader works great, so like markiej says convert everything to epub with Calibre (quick and easy) and keep it all in one format!

-Matt

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
Use the free version of ireader 1.0.9.5 or Buy the full version that will open DRM protected Mobipocket and EReader ebooks.

iReader -

or just convert your files to epub or pdf.

Hey rico2001, thanks for the link. I am not sure why the latest free version doesn't work for me. I can't open any type of file in the iReader.