[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I wouldn't recommand flashing to the kernel that can overclock to 1100, At 1100 my youtube woudln't work, but when i changed it to 1000 it would start playing. But i find that the original kernel that came with phiremod v5.1 played the smoothes for youtube video's.
No problem here at 1.1 and with UT.Its not the fastest video, but its watchable.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I'm officially impressed by 5.1 now. I took my NC off charge lastnight around 9:30-10:00 when I went to bed (wife's charger set up in the, and I forgot to take mine to the bedroom to hookup my NC overnight..) and I watched the UConn game on it as I went to sleep.. I know, relaxing, right? Anyway.. I woke up to find 70% battery remaining and I even left the wifi turned on overnight. On previous formats, I'd wake up to find about 25% remaining. I think I'm going to stick with the format I've got and not worry about the Quadrant score, just as Faceman suggested.

As for Youtube working better at lower speeds, I'll have to check that out and see if I notice a difference. As it is, mine scales from 300 to 1100 right now, and Youtube through the browser is perfectly acceptable. I haven't tried it through the XL program yet, but I will today.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get my beloved NC to this point!

btw, what is the consensus on running a task killer with 5.1? Needed or not?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Upgraded to 5.1. Everything ok sort of. Now have youtube audio. Then, video will show up after a few minutes and everything slows down and is choppy. Any suggestions? I did uninstall Flash 10.1 before flashing. Then, flashed 5.1, went to market and downloaded flash 10.2 and youtube. In a browser, Flash does work well. But Youtube still is an issue. Thanks

YouTube is not fully functional yet on any CM7/UD rom... so far we have a passable (~10-15fps) YouTube app. Most folks are either using the browser or the XL app suggested above to have a better experience.

I wouldn't recommand flashing to the kernel that can overclock to 1100, At 1100 my youtube woudln't work, but when i changed it to 1000 it would start playing. But i find that the original kernel that came with phiremod v5.1 played the smoothes for youtube video's.

The kernel should not be the cause of those differences, but stranger things have happened. Stock/1000/1100 have all been the same for me with regards to YouTube performance.

btw, what is the consensus on running a task killer with 5.1? Needed or not?

I believe it is still a CM7-esque rom so I would lean towards no task killers that auto kill anything. In fact, a lot of people are reporting MUCH improved battery when NO task killer is installed.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I'm officially impressed by 5.1 now. I took my NC off charge lastnight around 9:30-10:00 when I went to bed (wife's charger set up in the, and I forgot to take mine to the bedroom to hookup my NC overnight..) and I watched the UConn game on it as I went to sleep.. I know, relaxing, right? Anyway.. I woke up to find 70% battery remaining and I even left the wifi turned on overnight. On previous formats, I'd wake up to find about 25% remaining. I think I'm going to stick with the format I've got and not worry about the Quadrant score, just as Faceman suggested.
In general if I leave it whole night (about 8 hours) I get -10% discharge.

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Can I just flash this through clockwork over UD 3.1.2 (after a wipe and all)? Or do I need to install it via ext 4?

Detonation

Mar 19, 2011
Just flashed this and I am very impressed. However, a quick question I can't seem to find the answer for...how to do you change the window transition/animations? While the pan and squeeze animation is nice, its a little too much for me. I know I can change the animation settings in the display options, but I don't want to disable the transition, just change them something simpler.

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
I installed phiremod 5.1 last night on top of UD 3.1.2 (just wiped cache), and everything seems to work. Video works - yay!

One problem - when turning on the device (not waking from sleep, but actually being turned on), after it boots, it immediately goes to sleep after showing the screen for a fraction of a second. It's almost like the screen timer is going off, but it shouldn't be.

Is this a well known issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
just testing battery life idle on phiremod 5.1 - had the nook sitting idle with wifi on, email sync on for 12 hours (screen did turn off after the preset timeout) - battery dropped to 49%, email is up to date - so not a bad stand by life at all

Hubman

Mar 2, 2011
Hi , I am currently on nootered 3.0 N/C. with a 8 gb microsd card with difffernet apps and games on it . I am going to use a second microsd card to put the phiremod zip and adw settings files then flash using the installed CWR and Rom manager . ? Should I do anything about the files on the 8 gb micro sd card like reformat and start fresh or just leave all files already on their alone that were associated with the nootered 3.0 install.
Sorry if this is a dumb noob ? Just want to do it right .

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
first download titanium backup and backup your games/apps with it - that way once you install the new rom, you can just go back to market, download titantium backup and restore all the apps/games to your new setup

darkenedaura

Mar 10, 2011
Hey all, quick question- if you're installing from phiremod beta 2, do you still have to do a complete wipe/factore restore to goto phiremod v5.1?

oldweasel

Mar 22, 2011
Also might want to pay for TB so you can use the "Dropbox" option even if your SD card fails / is reformatted / etc.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Just updated to phiremore 5.1. I have a couple of questions, they may have already been answered somewhere. I cannot remove my widgets off of my home screen and I'm not able to delete them. Is there a way to do this? Also, I have been looking for a couple of hours on how to change the time. it is off by about 5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.