[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
I'm running 5.1. - I'm not sure if I need to post this here or not. I just ran an update on Titanium Backup. It said update unsuccessfull. I tried to manually do a backup and nothing would happen. Again, have I unknowingly changed something to where this won't work? My sd card also shows no updates. should I download the pro version? My backups worked when I was on autonooter, so I think I kind of have an idea of what to do.

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
So I have no explanation as to why, but upon flashing this a second time the wifi issue is nonexistent.

I got kind of fed up with a few quirks in UD, flashed back to this, running like a charm at the moment.

Yeah. No idea what gives.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
So I have no explanation as to why, but upon flashing this a second time the wifi issue is nonexistent.

I got kind of fed up with a few quirks in UD, flashed back to this, running like a charm at the moment.

Yeah. No idea what gives.

Glad to hear, and welcome back :D

bobbydolphin

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for this ROM! I've tried several others including Honeycomb v4, but this Phiremod 5.1 is the smoothest and most stable so far, even at the stock speeds.

I wanted to ask you guys about Divx playback. I can't seem to find an app that plays my Divx avis well. Do you have any recommendations for success with any players? Here's what I've tried:

ArcMedia:
Says 'loading media' when i choose the file, tries to play it, but comes back to browser screen.

Seaman Player:
Decent looking video, but no sound at all. error pops up: 'wave device output: device error'

QQ player:
Plays, but video looks like it's in slo-mo and audio is delayed (out of sync)

Rock Player Lite:
Best looking video out of the bunch, but audio is 1 sec delayed (out of sync)

Vital Player:
Good quality video, but audio is 1 sec too early (out of sync)

yxPlayer:
Everything's well in sync, but the video is choppy and more pixelated than when using the other apps.

Would definitely be grateful for any suggestions/ideas. Thanks in advance!

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for this ROM! I've tried several others including Honeycomb v4, but this Phiremod 5.1 is the smoothest and most stable so far, even at the stock speeds.

I wanted to ask you guys about Divx playback. I can't seem to find an app that plays my Divx avis well. Do you have any recommendations for success with any players? Here's what I've tried:

ArcMedia:
Says 'loading media' when i choose the file, tries to play it, but comes back to browser screen.

Seaman Player:
Decent looking video, but no sound at all. error pops up: 'wave device output: device error'

QQ player:
Plays, but video looks like it's in slo-mo and audio is delayed (out of sync)

Rock Player Lite:
Best looking video out of the bunch, but audio is 1 sec delayed (out of sync)

Vital Player:
Good quality video, but audio is 1 sec too early (out of sync)

yxPlayer:
Everything's well in sync, but the video is choppy and more pixelated than when using the other apps.

I wanted to ask the same.
Made some tests yesterday with 1 episode of Spartacus in normal avi file.
Unfortunately tried this file with 3 players and none could play it 100% normal.So, how can anyone expect even normal mkv player, when NC cant play a normal avi??

bobbydolphin

Mar 25, 2011
Nope.
Only
Rock Player
yxPlayer
QQ player

Will try Vplayer later.

V Player is the same as Vital Player right? I tried that. It plays but audio is 1 sec too early so its out of sync.

EDIT: tried VPlayer Advanced and it plays my video in fast forward and without sound! Rebooted don't help.

Last edited:

filet

Mar 4, 2011
V Player is the same as Vital Player right? I tried that. It plays but audio is 1 sec too early so its out of sync.

EDIT: tried VPlayer Advanced and it plays my video in fast forward and without sound! Rebooted don't help.

i think vplayer is different from vital player when i searched for it in the google market. I like vplayer, because it plays avi files smoothly.

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Quick question about the amount of internal storage. I have this installed to my internal memory. When I check in "about tablet" it says the memory available is only 488mb. Is that right? Shouldn't there be a lot more?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
My nook at 5.1 seems to to run the battery down pretty fast. I can maybe get 4 hours out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reflash 5.1 when your battery is 100% charged. Also DO NOT install Set CPU. I get 6+ hours of regular use from my 5.1

Mar 27, 2011
I was trying to install v5.1 tonight, and I may have made a mistake. I accidentally used Clockworkmod Recovery for nook color (old) instead of just "nook color" and I'm stuck in Clockwork Recovery screen and it won't let me install the phiremod. I already formatted System and Data and when I try to Install zip from sdcard I get the following error:
Code:
"assert failed: getprop("ro.product/device") == "encore" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "encore" || getprop("ro.product.board") ++ "encore"
E:Error in /sdcard/phiremod-nook-v5.1.zip
(status 7)

I just don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010

I wanted to ask you guys about Divx playback ...

yxPlayer:

I am having video playback issues with my mp4 files. Most were made with a default android phone setting from VideoRedo TVSuite of recording of 1080i and 720p in mpeg2 Over The Air tuners and 1080i mpeg4 Comcast Hauppauge HDPVR from my home media center using BeyondTV. All work great in stock 2.1 with a variety of players.

For me in this ROM only yxPlayer audio is in sync but video is choppy and more pixelated. Just like stated above for his avi video. The other players I tested have sound sync issues that bother me too much for me to use those players.

As a test case I am using flash 10.2 which has hardware acceleration when used with a bluetooth for audio. It has been stated that video with the audio through internal/headphone speakers causes sync problems. Audio through bluetooth devices allow the hardware acceleration to work in flash. I am using cyfi external bluetooth speakers placed next to the nook. I am running video through the android by using dolphin mini browser streaming from my orb pc server. The Android orb apk does not work with this ROM but the orb mycast website does. My orb server is running on a very old amd single core 2800+ XP with 2 gb of memory. I can not update to a later version of orb because that pc is too old.

Basically everything is fine with two exceptions. Video is not choppy. Audio is in sync. The video is restrictd to 862 kb because of the wireless and transcoding on fly done by orb on the pc. Under task manager the pc is generally in the 65-75% cpu range.

1. Because of transcoding on fly the audio appears to be just a little incomplete when looking at lip movement. The audio is all there but the video appears to have a little bit of lip movement missing.
2. It has been said that the wifi and bluetooth possibly share the same antenna. Every once in awhile the flash video will rebuffer. When going to real world sites like cnn with bluetooth attached this is way more noticeable(disable bluetooth and cnn does not need to buffer). I think additionally resources needed for the android cpu and gpu to go between wifi and bluetooth could have some affect also. This second buffering problem on my local network test only occurs maybe once every 4 or 5 minutes. I did lose the video maybe 20 minutes in also. Trying again, 24 minutes in and video would only play in small window not full screen. All these kind of little kinks are probably the reason for B&N flash upgrade being mid April. When I went to menu, settings, in Dolphin Mini, and cleared everything then full screen worked again. Cache 20 minutes of video probably taxed the system.

If the players would take advantage of hardware acceleration and bluetooth like flash 10.2 does, I think a player could perform equally as well. As they work more on the operating system hardware acceleration and players on using acceleration it looks like this problem can be solved.

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Tried Vplayer and finally it gets the job done !
Videos play without problems . ;)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
thanks filet for this reco - now it is my all around player as it plays mkv files as well as read subtitle srt files

Status
Not open for further replies.