[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I don't remember what the battery was at when I installed 5.1, but I know it wasn't 100%. I've been somewhat disappointed w/ the battery duration. I'll make sure it's at 100% when I install 5.2; hopefully it will make a difference.

In my case I dont see a difference from my autonooter and 5.1. Just flashed to 5.2 which has the overclock up to 1.1ghz so we will see. Although even at 800mhz it is plenty fast so that just may be overkill anyway. But I can say that battery life is good. But I will add I dont think battery life on a NC is great to begin with. Nothing like my ipad. Bob

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Just downloaded 5.2 and getting ready to flash (as soon as the charging light turns green to reach the 100% charge level prior to flashing).

Since this is going over 5.1, I just need to wipe cache and Dalvik cache and flash from zip, right? Do I need to wipe/format anything else?

Thanks!

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Changelog:

V5.2 - Nightly 32
New base (Nightly 32)
Madcat's modified Dalingrin OC kernel (up to 1.1Ghz)
Faster and smoother
Custom themed LauncherPro (ADW still included)
More theme tweaks
Modified Lockscreen Clock font
New themed Miui music (thanks Br1cK'd)
New bootanimation (thanks aph)
New animations (decreased 'intensity' increased awesomeness)
Updated phiremod-walls.apk
** Forgot to add some of the HC icons back in.. my bad **

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Just flashed 5.2 without any problems (just needed to uninstall and install Flash to get it back in DolphinHD). It was good, now it's better :D

Can't wait for 5.3 with bottom status bar (hopefully) and video fix.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Installed also since morning and no important changes in behavior or at benchs.
Waiting also for next version with status bar. ;)

smully1

Mar 30, 2011
Does this run from sd card or is it permanently overriding b&n nook software? I am currently running Nookie Honeycomb with dual boot. I like it but market is not working.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Does this run from sd card or is it permanently overriding b&n nook software? I am currently running Nookie Honeycomb with dual boot. I like it but market is not working.
Its a rom installed straight to main memory, so before installing it U have to remove all original system files.

FatAlbert

Mar 31, 2011
I need help. I haven't quite bricked my device, but nothing seems to be working. My Nook only seems to boot up with the sd card in it. I currently have CWM v3.0.1.0 on my sd card and I know the Nook will boot up to whatever is flashed to the sd card (booted from honeycomb). But what I can't seem to do is use CWM to flash phiremod to the internal memory. It will install zip from sd card, but when I go to reboot the Nook would just turn off and not come back on. Please help because this is really giving me concerns

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What was the ROM on your device before it stopped booting? What steps did you take when tyring to flash the new ROM? Did you have CWR installed internally? Are you sure you have a good copy of phiremod you are flashing (MD5 check)?

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Updated to 5.2 this afternoon and my nook feels like it is running a little hotter than when it was in 5.1. Anyone else have a problem like this? Any ideas?

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
Problem: Market help needed

I've researched my issue and now must post here due to not being able to find a solution in the forums.

Problem: I flashed Phiremod 5.1 when it became available several weeks ago. I used the market to download and/or purchase 10-12 apps. Then, using Titanium Backup I restored the remainder of my apps from my previous ROM, an Android 2.2 ROM. I flashed Phiremod 5.2 earlier this week when it became available. Love the ROM and basically have no issues with anything except the Market. My market only shows or recognizes apps that I have purchased or downloaded since I flashed and began using Phiremod 5.1, and now 5.2. It does not recognize the remainder of my apps that I restored through Titanium Backup or sideloaded with .apk's.

I have tried the solution of Settings/Applications/Manage Apps/All/Market/clear cache and force close, then Market framework/clear data/force close (I'm typing this process by memory, but I followed the exact directions). I then Powered all the way down, and powered up. Market loaded fine, but still only finds my apps I have either purchased or downloaded since I flashed 5.1.

Anybody got any suggestions? I appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.