[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7-105 (testing)

Jota

May 25, 2011
For all of you who are curious to try CM9 ICS Android 4.0.4 on the S7-105 (may work with others 10x...?)

Remember this is work-in-progress, so some things does not work as expected (yet?) !!!
( but some may find it is stable enough... :) )

What you need:

- know how to flash using recovery or fastboot
- flash the latest recovery

Install:

1. get the rom (123,7Mb)
2. copy the file to the internal SD
3. boot to recovery and do backup and a full wipe data
4. select 'install zip from sdcard', choose the zip and flash
5. reboot and wait

Work:
1. capacitive touchscreen
2. wifi
3. tablet mode enabled by default
4. ...almost everything else ;-)

Does not work:
1. bluetooth
2. cameras
3. tethering (see Tips)
4. skype, netflix, flash, ...??
5. some sound noises (I've confirmed its not kernel's fault, it is something in the configs/libs, will try to debug it when a stable CM10 is available)

NOTE:
it is recommended to have a 2º partition (sd-ext) on the internal SD for the Data partition, to be able to install lots of apps!

TIPS & TRICKS:

-> wifi tether may work:
Install from the market app WiFi tether, then go to settings and check MSS clamping and Ruting fix. Then click on Change Device-Profile and check Generic ICS/JB (wlan1) and finally click on Change Setup-Method and click on WEXT. Probably there is no need to do all of this but after one hour playing with this I can finally use hot spot. (tip by member Just_me)
-> latest Google Apps:
CyanogenMod Wiki
(install from recovery)
-> google play does not show apps or say they are incompatible:
try download the .apk file to the sdcard and install manually, or set the Lcd density to 160.
you can also try this (tip by member fbcomp)
-> small performance gain:
Disable CPU Rendering

Enjoy!!
Suggestions are welcome!!

This is possible thanks to the work of ere95588, asturel, goodoane, angelsgroup and probably others..??

Last edited:

Jota

May 25, 2011
the user with a ideos s7 105 can post here the news, what you say? we need this thread to help another user want to try this alpha version.

Yes, that was the idea, trying to organize a little bit all the info about the CM9 rom development for the s7_105. :)

Last edited:

kaysun

Feb 28, 2012
First of all hats off Asturel for bringing a dead tab back to life. And thanks to Jota and others for working so hard to get things going on S7. The above images work
on my S7-101 with cap touch screen (Yes the label says 101 and its capacitive) bought last year in Oct!). While Asturel's did not go beyond boot screen with IDEOS logo - Tried various processess outlined in slim forum with no luck. I understand its more for Slim. I wish the posts by individuals carry an s after S7 to identify if it has been tested working on Slim and simple S7 for the FAT.

But I do have a problem that it gives an audible tone every few seconds until I turn off touch sounds. No idea why? Anyone?

Thanks again.

After posting noticed my radio is not on so no network. And on reboot asks for password?! :(

Last edited:

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
what is the last Recovery version for 105 model??? can someone post link? does that recovery work with CM9?

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
GREAT... i installed that recovery and then i tryed a combination to go into recovery and now i'm stuck in fastboot.... i pull the baterry off and still it goes back to fastboot...

what is the combination to go into recovery on this???

Jota

May 25, 2011
GREAT... i installed that recovery and then i tryed a combination to go into recovery and now i'm stuck in fastboot.... i pull the baterry off and still it goes back to fastboot...
what is the combination to go into recovery on this???

Don't panic!... :)
depending on the previous rom you have installed, there's no combination that works...

try this:
let your tablet boot, connect the usb cable, and type
adb reboot recovery

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
Don't panic!... :)
depending on the previous rom you have installed, there's no combination that works...

try this:
let your tablet boot, connect the usb cable, and type
adb reboot recovery

i do that in command prompt right???

edit: missing the SDK... need to install it i guess...

Last edited:

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
when i make adb shell it says "devide not found".......

WOW.. lool.. now my screen is blinking....

edit: reinstalled the old CWM version and now it works ok.... but now i have no clue on how to install CM9 (because adb isnt finding my devide)...

Last edited: