[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7-105 (testing)

fbcomp

Sep 18, 2012
I hope to be helpfull to newbies as me in this area!

You can download zip file with apropriate recovery install to this tablet and CM10 roms, if you want install CM9, you must download it ( boot and system images) in first page from Jota thread for

Links to download

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9YAUPkTZ5VUcVZQdGJOTVFGYXc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2cpnp94cdauvug/FlashbootideosS7Large.rar

Steps:

Install Huwaei drivers in your pc and after it connect your tablet by USB port

1. do backup and a full wipe data

2. reboot and enter fastboot mode (volume key + power)

3. Click file install.bat

This will does follow automatically

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

4. Use Jota Method 1:

1. get the rom (123,7Mb)
2. copy the file to the internal SD
2. select 'install zip from sdcard', choose the zip and flash
3. reboot and

wait, the first boot takes long time

5. enjoy!!

Last edited:

Gildo

Sep 29, 2012
On my Ideos S106 (Brazil version):
Netflix doesn't work... I tested 1.5 1.8 apk and the last by titanium backup (old rom) but nothing.
Resume:
No BT
No Cameras
No Netflix
and clicks audio.
But its a very good work thanks fot development. ;)

Last edited:

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012

@ cansat, @ leadpanda:

sorry for your troubles!
that problem seems to happen with some S7, don't know exactly why... :confused:

From the readings, maybe it has something to do with the internal/external sdcards...??

Tip: if your tablet had a internal 8Gb SD, did you try to format it into two partitions, for example 7+1, so you can have almost unlimited space for apps... (I think there is a Trizet rom that does this for you?)

Suerte!! ;)

I think that password required problem relates with some S7-10x has no internal sd(mmcblk0),
after modifying init.s7.rc to mark/delete below lines, the problem might be solved, at least for me.

#on fs
# devwait /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# exec /system/bin/e2fsck -p /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data nosuid nodev barrier=1 noauto_da_alloc data=journal

kaysun

Feb 28, 2012
Hi all, is there a way to get navigation buttons - soft keys with 160dpi? I have been using 160 as standard and it is very stable. I used lcd density monitor to resolve google play issue. It has been working well except I do not have soft keys. I need to use 160dpi as my GPS program does not work otherwise. I have not so far modified the GPS apk itself to see if it works at 128 or 120dpi.

All help appreciated as I want to avoid using hard buttons to go back or home.

Last edited:

king0r

Sep 27, 2012
Can anyone tell me how to come into CWM? What key combination is used for it on S7-105?

Thank you!

king0r

Sep 27, 2012
I can´t use 3G to go in Internet. 3G network is available but I don´t get an internet connection over 3G.

Anyone here who can test it on a S7-105 device?

Jota

May 25, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to come into CWM? What key combination is used for it on S7-105?

Well... try Home+Send+Power all at the same time, when booting...
But, on my device, sometimes the keys combination works, sometimes don't... :confused:
(or it could be just my timing...??)

Anyway, you could always use the command:

adb reboot recovery

(search google how to use adb)

I can´t use 3G to go in Internet. 3G network is available but I don´t get an internet connection over 3G.

Have you setup the correct APN's for your 3G internet provider, in the CM9 settings??

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
king0r said:

You must setup apn fpr your carrier...you can reboot to recovery and with adb command.

king0r

Sep 27, 2012
Thank you guys! HUSPA is now running ;)
But I had to define the APn on my own? There weren´t any APN profiles. Is this normal?

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
king0r said:
Thank you guys! HUSPA is now running ;)
But I had to define the APn on my own? There weren´t any APN profiles. Is this normal?

Whow can enuone know your carrier??

king0r

Sep 27, 2012
Well, I know some system ROMs where APNs are predefinied. For example O2 Germany, Vodafone, Telekom and so on.

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
king0r said:
Well, I know some system ROMs where APNs are predefinied. For example O2 Germany, Vodafone, Telekom and so on.

Can believe what i read lol ..have you any idea how many different carriers are there in the world.

Jota

May 25, 2011
Can believe what i read lol ..have you any idea how many different carriers are there in the world.

Calm down, guys... :eek:

There are many ways that your phone can automatically get the APN's from your provider (carrier)!

Three of the most popular are:
- when your phone register to the carrier network, it may get some information about the network, including date, time, APN, etc.
- some SIM chips have built in the APNś and your phone may (or may not) read that information.
- some ORIGINAL Rom's - I mean, the rom that came with your phone when you buy it, may have built-in the APN's codes (like for instance Vodafone or T-Mobile roms)

So, it varies a lot...

BTW:
please try to use an english translator BEFORE posting... other people will appreciate that!! :cool:
Thanks!!

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
GPS and Cameras don't work. I have 104 version, but the other features seems to work fairly well :)