[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
LBJWDEBSH said:
ei man can u teach me how to install this rom?? i still have the stock rom for one year now:(

Don't be booring..it installs like any other android ROM and there is one zilion tutorials on internet for that so don't spam this thread.And if you read here all pages you would all ready know.

jkomuves

Oct 23, 2011
i just tried cm10 on my BB s7-104
it is much faster and smoother than cm9
quadrant score for 2d is 716 and for 3d is 807

the problem is it automatically reboots when it displays into the "lockscreen"
reboots if you press the "power button"
no tablet UI
no bluetooth
no camera..
can't mount sdcard to the computer if "usb debugging" is turned on. better turn it off upon mounting but it only works in the external sdcard

storage settings and wifi is ok
i think the rest is ok

The tablet ui:

On my S7 Slim maked under the guidance of asturel the following:

adb pull /system/build.prop

Edit the build.prop:

smallestScreenWidthDp=0

forcetabletUI=0

to

smallestScreenWidthDp=721
forcetabletUI=1

adb push build.prop /sdcard/ && adb remount rw && adb shell "cat /sdcard/build.prop > /system/build.prop && reboot"

$screenshot1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
yeah, sure, atm i dont have enought free space to compile both cm10, cm9, so it will be a bit later

i made a bt.fix.unstested.zip for cm9 bt fix can anyone test it? (who experienced enough to recover the system)

This is nice. Did usb mass storrage work ok for you in cm10?.. In s7 fat i cant get to work, I get adb now(thats good for now). I use your git for compiling kernel.(Thank you for your nice share and work)

Thanks!!! and .. as if the GPS would work.
In cm9 gps is ok. Didn't test on cm10. I have a new kernel for fat s7 cm10 and is working but no usb mass storage for pc . And I use 130 dpi for tablet settings in cm10 much better.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Thanks!!! and .. as if the GPS would work.

i thought it works, from the log it seems work, i couldnt test it (living on the 0. floor )
btw.: are u talking about cm9/cm10? (in cm9 100% it works)

goodoane: sdcard location changed in jb, check my commits on my device tree (it works from now, in the latest build)
btw.: 130 density is not standard so may have trouble in some app ^^ defaults are 120-160-240

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
You are genious..on samsung galaxy player they needed months and they had many developers

hah, im not, just replaced the original hciattach with huawei's blob (no source for this... so)

but the slow ui (animations) is very annoying.. i thought the triple framebuffer (project butter thing) will improve it's speed.. but i did not noticed any changes at all :S

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
hah, im not, just replaced the original hciattach with huawei's blob (no source for this... so)

but the slow ui (animations) is very annoying.. i thought the triple framebuffer (project butter thing) will improve it's speed.. but i did not noticed any changes at all :S

Yes..i dont know why ..i wached some videos ..it lags even on SGS3 ..i dont what they did ..it should be faster i guess..but i thing its only slower on notification bar.
You can see that and other devices have same problem www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCresap3MbQ maybe it because CM10 is not yet finnished like CM9.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Yes..i dont know why ..i wached some videos ..it lags even on SGS3 ..i dont what they did ..it should be faster i guess..but i thing its only slower on notification bar.
You can see that and other devices have same problem m.youtube.com/watch?v=qCresap3MbQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqCresap3MbQ maybe it because CM10 is not yet finnished like CM9.

heh? if i open messaging or settings the opening/closing animations are quite laggy for me.. didnt noticed it?