[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
if we hmedia pad ICS of mediapad, can you or asturel get the lib for camera? or can the ICS source code of mediapad help? it seems like they are in the same series of huawei tablet.
First camera is Not the same,mediapad has 5 mpx ,second it would take months and months for camera dewelopment and no way one man could do it and S7 has crapiest camera I saw in my life so please stop I want this I want that,if need camera on S7 don't flash cm simple as that..I dont thing no one is crazy to spend hundreds of hours on that.

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
Calling crap to s7 camera is beeing nice... s7 camera is horrible!!!! xD

Touchscreen is important.. can someone with knowledge and an s7-105 focus a litle on the touch/multitouch?
thank you so much!!!

beenhow

Sep 29, 2011
First camera is Not the same,mediapad has 5 mpx ,second it would take months and months for camera dewelopment and no way one man could do it and S7 has crapiest camera I saw in my life so please stop I want this I want that,if need camera on S7 don't flash cm simple as that..I dont thing no one is crazy to spend hundreds of hours on that.

you misundertand me on that. i just want to give some help on the development. i have many resources on s7 slim like different kinds of roms and tools.

i just want to help.

if i say something wrong, i apologize.

thanks asturel and other developers! from the bottom of my heart! thank you all!

shin445

Aug 16, 2012
@shin445
Yes it worcks pretty well.
Downside:
When the screen is up they are some sound artefacts like a click.

yea! it works great but i have a problem.. i can't turn on my wifi..
i've followed the tutorial of Admin_angel from belarus on fixing the wifi but got no luck..

any help?

Last edited:

angelsgroup

Jan 12, 2011
@shin445

I had the same problem just with: "Type password for decryption of storage", after I installed Gapps.
Reinstalling the firmware did not help.

I did a format all partitions through recovery (except sd card and internal memory) and re-install the firmware.
More password is no requested.

Wifi working perfect after my fix.

Attachments

• $Screenshot_2012-09-09-18-14-01.png
    $Screenshot_2012-09-09-18-14-01.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 846

Jota

May 25, 2011
@angelsgroup

Hi!
That's great, but exactly what version of the s7_10x are you running the cm9 rom?

Because with my s7_105 it does not work, touch problem...
Any idea why or solution?

Thanks!!

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Fix for phone and wifi for S7 BB 104 may work on more version.
You need to manually put the file to the corresponding folder as in archive and set correct permission I use Rom Manager 2.80 from XDA under windows it can be done on tablet with rootexplorer.
For the one that get encryption password I think is a bug , I was able to boot normally like that. Remove external sd card>boot in recovery>advanced> fix permission > reboot tablet without external sd card. If you want external sdcard put them in after reboot. If you want to mount on pc internal sdcard you have to doit without external sdcard if external sdcard(sdcard2) is in then that one will be mounted on your PC. So far we can't have both.
WIFI _ PHONE fix for S7-104.zip Download - Directmirror.com - Upload & Mirror your files!

angelsgroup

Jan 12, 2011
As far as I know, Android 4 does not like residues of the old versions.
Try to remove everything from sd-card (internal and external) and then put the firmware.

Jota

May 25, 2011
@Jota
I have a Huawei S7 101. To operate touchscreen in Huawei 105, you need to re-compile the kernel. I think we will do it soon.
How many nand memory in Huawei Slim?

Hi!

Ideos S7-105
Processor: Qualcomm QSD8650 Snapdragon processor, 1GHz
Memory: RAM: 512MB; ROM:512MB
Storage: NAND-Flash:8 GB; MicroSD (TransFlash) up to 32 GB external
Display: multi-Points capacitive Touch Screen;

Humm...
about the camera... agree that the rear camera is a joke, but I use a lot the front camera, with Skype and other Voip apps, so to have the front camera working is a bonus! ;)

I was thinking something...
why not do a on-line petition to ask Huawei for the source code for the things that are not currently working, so that our good developers here can get a perfect Rom??

One thing I find absurd is that Huawei, who has the code, the drivers, etc., can do in days, if not in hours, the same work that our devs here are trying hard to do in weeks...
It's a real shame for Huawei, to say the least, don't you think?

just my 2cents...

EDIT:
just noticed you ask the nand for the Slim... :confused: well I think it's the same 8Gb.

Last edited:

angelsgroup

Jan 12, 2011
why not do a on-line petition to ask Huawei for the source code for the things that are not currently working, so that our good developers here can get a perfect Rom??
It is absolutely useless. 've Tried many times.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
cm-10-20120909-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip (not tested)
-- enabled hw vsync
-- maybe sensors are working.. (backported ics's old sensor hal support, but maybe it isnt working..)

if someone tries it plz feedback :D

p.s. accidently left 'hwui.disable_vsync=true' in build.prop .. please remove that line

Last edited: