[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
I sent a mail to request the kernel source too , They were xenophilia, I'm chinese,I'm sure It's no hope ;)

Jota

May 25, 2011
I sent a mail to request the kernel source too , They were xenophilia, I'm chinese,I'm sure It's no hope ;)

Last year, I did more than send a email, I went to the local Huawei office and talk personally to the technical manager.
As expected he was very unfriendly, and keeps repeating that only a minority of users wants to upgrade the Android, and that the S7 was designed for the consumer market, and so, if I want Android 4.0, just buy the MediaPad!!
So, even if I can respect the decisions Huawei made towards his clients, I think that was bad attitude, and I learn my lessons: at the time, I own 5 Huawei devices, 2 x routers, 2 x 3G modens, and the S7. Now only have two, the S7 and a 3G modem. Also I'm happy to report that I have drive many prospective clients away from Huawei! :D

Perhaps the only way is if we can gather a large number of people, and then maybe they will listen...
but, that will never happen, I think people is too lazy to unite... :confused:

cnanyi

Nov 23, 2012
I received the mail from huawei, they told me : there is no official Android4.0+ rom for S7 slim! they said nothing about my request for kernel source .
Perhaps the only way is if we can gather a large number of people, and then maybe they will listen...
but, that will never happen, I think people is too lazy to unite... :confused:

Last edited:

pegtop

Mar 6, 2013
Hi there,

I have a Huawei S7 Slim 201u, which I would like to build in to a car dashboard. Rooted and has a CM10, thanks Asturel! My target is that the tab will turn on automatically when the ignition is on. I used to have tasker app for this, but that can only wake up the device from sleep mode, which still drains the battery. I found the solution in some samsung forums, they changed the battery charging screen to a reboot script. So, when the tab is turned off and you plug it, ideos screen appears, than instead of the battery charging screen, the tab will boot up. Unfortunately I cannot find the file for battery charging animation on this device. Can you please help me of this, or do you have any other suggestions to succeed?

I also read thet it would turn on automatically without a battery, but unfortunately in the CM10 when it boots up, is shuts down too. Probably it's because low power?! Do you have any idea, so it would start up without problems when the battery is not installed?

Thanks a lot in advance!

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
if they wont release the newest kernel source then its a direct violation of gnu gpl v2.

pegtop idk how's that possible, since its very low level. but since we have all 'mbn' **** (udata.app), im sure thats possible (but i dont think that anyone will do it :D) (merging partitions would be also good.. ->bigger system)
and sorry, but im not planning removing the low battery auto shutdown (since the device ships with battery by default) instant power off can cause corrupted files if it happens while something is writing to it.

Jota

May 25, 2011
if they wont release the newest kernel source then its a direct violation of gnu gpl v2.

in china ,many company use opensource ,but never respect the license, many deeply modified android release with no source opened, e.g. huawei ,MIUI, Baidu ...
They are robber

Well, maybe, just maybe, there is another way... but again, it needs that a great number of S7 users unite together...
There is a chance that if we write to Google, in particular to the Android division, then they will talk to Huawei....

Huawei is know to be a closer ally of Google in many projects, so probably they will do what Google asks... should we try this???

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
i think the problem is that the person who replies have no clue about what we want:D

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Haven't tried yet. Hope so. I belive this are close to final, more info at developer site.
https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobi...phics-optimization-adreno/tools-and-resources

This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 3xx and 2xx GPU on Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1. It has been tested with the CAF release A8064AAAAANLGD133402.1 and M8960AAAAANLGD230306.1. Supports any Adreno 2xx and 3xx GPU on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
@asturel
Last adreno driver. I have tried with your last build cm10 130302 and not working.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
yeah, i tried too, some symbol is missing..

sadly the 4.2 performs much worser than 4.1 on legacy/ancient devices (afaik)

Last edited:

pegtop

Mar 6, 2013
Dear Asturel,

Unfortunately I don't have a clue about what you wrote :( ( "'mbn' ****" or "merging partitions ") , but i would happily donate for anyone who could help me about this project, so instead of battery charging animation, i would have booted up my s7 slim. I'm also in Hungary, but paypal is not a problem either.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
maybe I found a way to increase /system and decrease /data (167772160 byte unused partition..) but im too afraid of brickin it :D

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
If you use the right values on the kernel then is no problem I have use a modified sysyem partition on my old galaxy s and no problems. First time when you boot the new kernel it will repartition and wil bootloop so you need to pull out battery. Then you need to flash again kernel and system.
That means to use a second partition on internal memory for data partition. To go back we can use an original firmware.

Sent from my GT-N7100