[ROM] G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Honeycomb elements (Updated 6/6/2011)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Gonna reflash and see what I get

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
So now into the second flash of this ROM and one full day of work use of the ROM.
. . . . Bad news....my quadrant score is now a 1590...down from 2200.... . . .
Just out of curiosity, would this related to different Quadrant version. Elsewhere, I saw a latest release 1.1.7 that fixed Gingerbread compatibility issues ? ? ?
Secondly, IMHO, although the 'speed' is important, but it may be in a lesser degree than 'stability' and 'functionality'. I would love to have your assessment on the latter two.
Best,
Dave

P.S. In the next couple of days, my new unit would arrive, and I would follow Fuganater's instruction to install it. Even so, being a newbie, I won't be able to judge the rom to its best potential. Your and Fuganater's and other experienced users' evaluation on the three categories 'Stability', 'Functionality', and Speed would be most appreciated.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ok, so here are my final thoughts for time being on this ROM as I am going to now flash back to bittrix-CM7.

Stability: Completely stable if you follow the directions about doing a full flash. I have used it for 2 days non-stop and actually did not have any FC issues (which I didn't realize until just now looking at my notes)

Functionality: Very good ROM, however for me I have been unable to get my BT Keyboard connected which is an absolutely vital piece of kit. That one bit of usability is the only reason that I am going back to bittrix-CM7

Speed: Wicked fast, very smooth and very stable across apps.

Again, the only reason that I am going back to the bittrix rom is for my keyboard. Once that gets worked out this will be my daily driver.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
View attachment $bluetooth-tools.zip
rofl seven?!?!?!?!

Yes, don't ask why... Impulse purchase I guess, not I I won't get my money back :)

Peter... the BTthing. Have you tried the HCI tools and run them on a terminal? The original instructions say to use ADB but it was just easier for me to use the terminal on the tab. Once I got the mac address I used script manager to save the full script to connect my BT mouse. you can also set it to run at boot up but you have to have the BT in pairing mode (so I just use it as I need it)

Code:
prscott@golf2nut:~/Android/bin$ adb push hciconfig /system/xbin/hciconfig
prscott@golf2nut:~/Android/bin$ adb push hcitool /system/xbin/hcitool
prscott@golf2nut:~/Android/bin$ adb push hidd /system/xbin/hidd

then from within a shell, set permissions on the files.

Code:
USER:~/Android/bin$ adb shell
# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/hciconfig
# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/hcitool
# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/hidd
To test that your binaries are working, you can type hciconfig and it will show you something like the following including the MAC address of your bt radio.

Code:
# hciconfig
hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 00:1A:13:0F:88:12 ACL MTU: 1021:6 SCO MTU: 64:1
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:14752 acl:325 sco:0 events:729 errors:0
TX bytes:4851 acl:33 sco:0 commands:263 errors:0
Then use the hcitool to get the MAC address of your keyboard (you only have to do this once).

Code:
# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:07:61:4B:D7:CE Logitech diNovo Keyboard
once you know the MAC address of the keyboard you want to connect, create a little script (I use gscript for ease of use) that connects the device using the hidd binary. then verify you are connected.

Code:
# hidd --connect 00:07:61:4B:D7:CE
# hcitool con
Connections:
< ACL 00:07:61:4B:D7:CE handle 12 state 1 lm MASTER

Hope that helps some?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
oooh...that looks promising. I did drop a full CW Backup of the tab before going back to bittrix so i might try this later.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I just use terminal, gscript, and script manager from the market. The latter of the two allow to write the full script and save ti to run as a batch, the only difference id that script manager lets you set to run at start up.

It's pretty easy to do. Download the tools, set permissions, open terminal type hciconfig, hcitoolscan (note your mac address), then hidd --connect (mac here) to force the connection.

Oh yea, one other thing... on the scripts it's best to start with the 'ol SU to avoid access drama!

Good luck...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Seem no gingerbread based rom for a tab can take a screen shot. I've tried every app I could get my hands on and no go for 2.3 + NookC. :(

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey Rico. :) Are you running ADB?...there's a utility in the Android SDK (tools folder) called ddms.bat that allows you to view and capture your device screen from your PC (technically, you don't need ADB for it to work). I'm not sure if it will work under Gingerbread, but it might be worth a try.

Hope all is well!

UPDATE: OK, yep, confirmed. I've got a Gingerbread ROM on my Droid, and ddms.bat takes pretty clean screenshots. Not sure if it'll work for a tab too. My gTAB is Froyo, but I don't think I'll have Gingerbread on it anytime soon. :(

UPDATE 2: I can also get ddms.bat to work on the gTAB with its stock ROM:

$Clipboard01.jpg

-Matt

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Ddms does not work with gingerbreadd :(

Sent from my G-tab using Tapatalk