[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

dorz

Jun 19, 2011
is there any way for this to be installed on the aus (no internal sd card) version? it has to be possible somehow, im just not sure how i can format something thats non existant :p i have the indonesian rom on there, as well as Cyanogenmod, just need to be able to install the last part!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
is there any way for this to be installed on the aus (no internal sd card) version? it has to be possible somehow, im just not sure how i can format something thats non existant :p i have the indonesian rom on there, as well as Cyanogenmod, just need to be able to install the last part!

i'm not exactly sure about yours, you will have to ask another australia user, but if you don't have the internal card just skip that part, its for apps2sd anyways.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates, at this point i'm going to postpone my updates a little bit, the reason for that is because of my Huawei S7 Tablet Charger... of course we all know how horrible it is in the first place to have an adapter charger instead of the easier standard USB charger along with it positioned in a HORRIBLE place especially if your holding the tablet in portrait mode... and because of the constant usage my charger broke (the tip that goes into the s7!) and i am now unable to charge it... i can still work on the roms just nothing to test it on until i get a new charger...

don't worry i'm not asking you guys for anything but patience so i can get a hold of a new one! :) (unless you happen to have a spare charger you wouldn't mind throwing my way, in which case PM me.)

-joenilan

Last edited:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Send me your physical address and I can get you a charger. I also have a spare tip in case you want to build another one.

Vortex

Jun 29, 2011
This seems to work fine with the telstra version (S7-104), no internal SD.
Just put it on mine as stated in first post, indo update then this just using the external SD.
Haven't noticed any problems yet, although for some reason the "Kernel Version" shows as Unavailable. No idea why.
Other than that it seems to be ok on this version of the tab. :)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
This seems to work fine with the telstra version (S7-104), no internal SD.
Just put it on mine as stated in first post, indo update then this just using the external SD.
Haven't noticed any problems yet, although for some reason the "Kernel Version" shows as Unavailable. No idea why.
Other than that it seems to be ok on this version of the tab. :)

the kernel is basically the stock kernel, just compiled by Razor950 and uses VMSPLIT=3g, nothing different besides that, which is probably why it won't boot on some devices, the original boot image is in my older versions if you want, it's the original stock kernel that shows correctly, i also noticed a small clicking sound with the kernel in the one you downloaded, after a sound starts or stops it clicks right before and after... also during startup you hear a slight click, using the stock kernel fixes that...

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Can i update all models s7-101 - s7-105 with Froyo?

uc

you should be able to, havent heard of anything crazy yet,

just letting everyone know i received my new charger and development on this rom will continue.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
any idea why fring keeps crashing when you connect a video call? S7-104 with no external sd card. Does fring do the same thing on the stock indonesian?

great work! looks great!

mnabilsh

Jul 27, 2011
i'm using this ROM with a2sd, thanks a lot jonenilan. nice ROM, it is fast and smoot. however, i've got a question, is it possible to apply data2sd in this ROM? by what method? i think it would be slow since the internal card is only class 6

thanks

Tobias Claren

Apr 5, 2011
Hello.

For S7-101 (resitive Touchscreen and single camera)?

With the brazil ROM, I can't use the GPS (?). EDIT: Now GPS works...
But I will still flash a better ROM.
This ROM was recommended to me, because there are no German 2.2 ROM.
But I saw an Austrian ROM. But it was not recommended (not named).

Now I will try it with this (or the best for 101) custom ROM.

Thanks...

Last edited:

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I tried the Brazil ROM (S7-104 BB).
Everything seemed to work OK, except the splash screen,
when coming out of sleep mode, kept saying my SIM card
was "INVALIDO". Yet, my phone was working fine.

Annoying, so I switched to the INDO 2.2.2 then installed
CWM and FroyoFusion. Working GREAT now.
I did have a little glitch with my data plan, but it was MY
fault. Those stupid I-D-10-T errors.

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
How to flash a god deam ROM . Please explain me step by step cuz i cant find the right way to do it :/ I tried ROM Manager but there is no Huawei Ideos S7 in the device list . U can write me a PM it would be easier for me to read it , thanks a lot :)

PP : U can get intouch with me , using skype or facebook . My skype is kade_e_martu and my facebook is Martin Kuvandzhiev . Please help i'm tottaly desperate :/

Last edited:

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
First, I would suggest you read through the stickies in the root page of the Huawei forums.
They will help you get used to the different procedures you can use to upgrade and
will make it more understandable before you try.

I think that just jumping in and changing things can be fun, but there's always a chance of
bricking you tablet. Not Good. :(

Once you start to get familiar through reading and asking questions about steps you may be unsure about,
then you can start with upgrading your system.

I recommend using titanium Backup (from the android market) [it's free for the basic version].
That program will allow you to save various settings and will save you time when upgrading.

Good Luck,