[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

Nada

Aug 22, 2011
You can flash stock rom or flash CWM and after CWM Rom.
Send Button is green button.
CWM is not on SD

Jota

May 25, 2011
the thing is i can´t start my tablet on android... i´m stuck on this screen:
Enter into fastboot mode
you can press HOME + BACK to reboot device.
and i can´t get out of it.
by the way ( sorry about this question :) ) which one is the "send button"???
and i format my SDCARD so i don´t have the CWM instaled...

Portuga BURRO !!

"Send" is the "Answer" phone button. Got it??

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
You could try putting the Singapore ROM and an SD card and reboot it... that might work.

How to Reflash your Tablet using just a microSD
See also Your first day, NEWBIE S7 guide
Follow the instructions to unzip the files to a folder on your sd, but DO NOT COPY once.cfg if asked.

Copy the files UPDATA.APP, and unlmt.cfg to a folder named /dload

Restart your device, and the firmware update should flash automatically. When the firmware update is finished, remove the microSD card. You will need to remove the battery and reinsert it to restart the device.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
if i start over i always do eclair then indo 2.2.2 - it manages to format the internal sd back to normal (esp if it disappears). always a good idea

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Any news if rom is 998 mhz kernel?
I'm having no luck.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
Need a little info on making EXT4. Easeus partiton manager only does EXT3? i SEE Gparted does but dont know how to use it...lol.

ere95588

Apr 17, 2011
great rom

Need a little info on making EXT4. Easeus partiton manager only does EXT3? i SEE Gparted does but dont know how to use it...lol.

if no partition tool of ext4 , formatted ext2

boot joe`s rom and do a factory reset, this will format your ext2 partition to ext4

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
I formatted the SD card with a 2GB Ext4 partition, did the wipe/format procedure, flashed the 1.3 Data2emmc/Data2ext4 variant, ran the upgrade.cmd.

Apart from the reported bugs I don't seem to be able to access the ext4 partition on the SD card(couple of apps and the device is full). Is there something that needs to be done in order that the SD becomes the default storage ie scripts that need to be run to activate it?

Another thing that I noticed(and have checked the integrity of the partitioning on my Linux PC) is that if I do a factory reset from CWM then the device indicates that "no ext2 partition found aborting format" ? I can only assume that either the upgrade.cmd hasn't provided the changes necessary to recognise that there is an existing ext4 partition or the upgrade.cmd hasn't completed(no visual evidence to suggest a failure though) thereby leaving the older ext2 CMW in place.

Anyone got an idea as to what I may be doing wrong or haven't yet done?

EDIT: Just thought that just because the Linux PC sees and can utilise both partitions probably doesn't mean the tablet can(any thought on this?).

EDIT: Partitioned card through CWM and then went back to factory reset & response is still card not partitione for apps2sd. So either the ext4 mod to CWM doesn't extend to the advanced/partition function or the faactory reset needs to see a partition other than the type created by CWM(or the CWM ext4 mod hasn't been pushed to the device correctly)

Last edited:

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
I´m having a lot of problems, every night I turn off the tablet and plug the charger, but today in the morning, when I turn on the tablet, the boot proccess took a long of time, ~5 minutes aprox, and when the boot proccess was finished, every program was closed by system, even the launcher.

I will back to stock rom... :(

kevinchg

Aug 14, 2011
Was playing with the CIFS support this morning. I got the "No Such Device" error and went looking in the system/modules for cifs.ko (only because that's where CIFS manager suggests) - it wasn't there. I had a copy from a while ago and installed it in that folder, rebooted to no avail. I didn't set permissions, however.

CIFS is somehow not work in current rom,
alternatively , you can use NFS currently, which is natively support by ideos S7 stock ROM,
of course , also support by Joe's rom,
NFS has same function as CIFS, I did't see any difference between both when I streaming video from server,
it's easy to install, use FreeNFS on server side (all windows platform support),
and use MountNFS on Android side,

Search keyword "FreeNFS" and "MountNFS" , you'll get it,
2 apps are both easy to setup with friendly GUI,
hope it helps.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
yes once you have the ext2 partition (2nd,primary) and finish the install of this rom, factory reset and it will reboot and format to ext4 and your ext2 partition will become internal STORAGE (boom /data)

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
yes once you have the ext2 partition (2nd,primary) and finish the install of this rom, factory reset and it will reboot and format to ext4 and your ext2 partition will become internal STORAGE (boom /data)

Not for me, started with an ext4 2nd partition, flashed ROM went through the set up ran the upgrade.cmd & no access to the ext4 partition.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
no access? you realize this pushes /data to the internal sd ext4 partition? did you do a df to see where the storage went?