[ROM] Paranoid Android Grouper Nexus 7 Port 2.54 Jelly Bean 4.1.2

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Download another version of the play store but make sure you delete the existing one prior to installing

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

antiwesley

Aug 13, 2013
deleted via Rom toolbox Lite. Grabbed an APK and installed. Still getting the connection error.
Will try uninstall via Settings, reboot then reinstall.

EDIT: No luck. Same error. No connection being made.

EDIT 2: Installed inverted gapps. Yay! It works now. May want to make a note that the inverted gapps should be installed...

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012

tinchoska

Feb 14, 2013
Battery is good enough or not? Which kernels were you using before? And, can I lock screen rotation with the bottom on the tablet side?

Enviado desde mi Droid RAZR HD mediante Tapatalk

lleglaude

Nov 23, 2013
Hi I have tried your rom .Good work.
But i thought i could use link2sd after installing this rom but i still have the same message when i want to move an appli to SD card" ...not supported by your device. because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage......".
Do you know if there is a solution for that

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I'd like a moto X what's it like :)

Frigging awesome, running the stock KitKat rom with exposed framework and it is just like running a custom ROM. Very little development but its not needed. The stock ROM is aosp but with active notifications and touch less control it just can't be beat. Battery lasts 1 full day under heavy SOT , average 4 - 5 hours SOT. Just get one that allows you to unlock the bootloader

Sent on my Moto X

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Frigging awesome, running the stock KitKat rom with exposed framework and it is just like running a custom ROM. Very little development but its not needed. The stock ROM is aosp but with active notifications and touch less control it just can't be beat. Battery lasts 1 full day under heavy SOT , average 4 - 5 hours SOT. Just get one that allows you to unlock the bootloader

Sent on my Moto X

Great will have to look into one ... how do I know about unlockable bootloader, I'd plan to buy it factory unlocked?

Back to this thread, is it possible to replace the inverted Gapps with normal apps by just installing from play store ?

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Great will have to look into one ... how do I know about unlockable bootloader, I'd plan to buy it factory unlocked?

Back to this thread, is it possible to replace the inverted Gapps with normal apps by just installing from play store ?

Yes, you may have to manually do it or find a gapps package.
OK the moto x has multiple version the US versions
Retail version with a licked bootloader which can't be unlocked
Verizon and AT&T
Boot loader unlockable versions are all Developer editions and all T-Mobile versions (also sim unlocked)
Us cell and sprint I believe is also bootloader unlockable.
If you want real root I would suggest Developer editions if you can afford to lay out the cash up front. Why? Unlocking the boot loader on all phones which can be unlocked voids the warranty, except Developer editions ( warranty valid)

Sent on my Moto X

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
@flashallthetime
I've been running this ROM on my a2109 for a couple months now and absolutely love the ROM.... Great work!
The only issue that I've ever had is the occasional screen flicker.
Is there anyway to get USB tethering enabled as a native option again, like on stock? If not, do any of your other ROMs have USB tethering?

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
@flashallthetime
I've been running this ROM on my a2109 for a couple months now and absolutely love the ROM.... Great work!
The only issue that I've ever had is the occasional screen flicker.
Is there anyway to get USB tethering enabled as a native option again, like on stock? If not, do any of your other ROMs have USB tethering?

No unfortunately no USB tethering, I've put my development ,porting days behind me

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

schufti

Apr 9, 2013
@flashallthetime:
me too is using your ROM since I have my Lenovo (about 4/13).
What is necessary to use it with an USB 3G stick?

thanks for the nice rom.

xdrc45

Jan 6, 2013
No unfortunately no USB tethering, I've put my development ,porting days behind me

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

@flashallthetime
Well thanks for all you hard work on the A2109! Sad to see you go... But we all have to move on at some point.
I just ended up installing PDA.net for USB tethering and it's working just fine.