[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

JHAres

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Tomy,

Maybe coincidence, but worked for me... you can't lose anything trying this... maybe some extra minutes... ;-)

Regards,
Javier.

Adding: Don't disconect anything... let the charger and USB cable all the time both connected while first start and fill initial settings... disconnect after the "resting" time and tested all is working...

imposter

Jan 12, 2012
[h=1]I recently bought a Google Android 7-Inch E-Pad 2.2 OS Android Tablet, Can i safely upload honeycomb 3.2?[/h]

Dii

Jan 4, 2012
Originally Posted by lampkin
Hi,

I installed today ViewCOMB 3.2 version 7.1 on my new ViewPad 10s wifi. At the beginning it worked fine. I installed some apps and shut down the tabled. After a shutdown and start it bricked itself with the message: starting Fastboot use dowload protocol. So i want to reflash it, but if i start ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_7.1 he write me Unknown device found and if i continue it close...
Is it normal that the message starting Fastboot use dowload protocol is shown also if im connected to the pc via usb.
No what i have to do to reflash the tabled??

Plug the charger then follow instructions in pdf. Why you use build 7.1? "starting Fastboot...." is known issue in 7.1, and it's fixed in build 7.2.

I pluged the charger but its always the same the pc recognize the Pad after the key combination on the Pad, but the display isn`t black it shows the "starting Fastboot...."... and if i try to flash it says me Unknown device found
I used 7.1 first because first i didn`t seen the the other downloadlink

Hi there
When i installed the 7.1 the pad crashed sometimes and i was scared that i could not "revive" him anymore, for the same reasons you have. But it's just a mather of getting the sequence right, in my case, i had to make the combination quite fast then the firt time, otherwise the pad connects itself in the normal way and you'll get the fastboot screen. There's no need to uninstall any drivers, just try to get it right.
Regards
Dii

pfg72

Jan 12, 2012
Hi! Dumb question: I have build 6.3 installed in my Viewpad 10s and want to upgrade to 7.2. The usb drivers are already installed in my pc from the time I migrated from Android 2.3 to Viewcomb. How do I go about it?. Thanks a lot!!

mamatjab

Dec 20, 2011
Hi! Dumb question: I have build 6.3 installed in my Viewpad 10s and want to upgrade to 7.2. The usb drivers are already installed in my pc from the time I migrated from Android 2.3 to Viewcomb. How do I go about it?. Thanks a lot!!
If after doing the button sequence the PC don't recognize your tablet press and hold the home button for about 30 secs. In my case the tablet sceen flashed once then it went off. Then do the button sequences again. It worked for me this way.

pandager

Dec 3, 2011
installed 7.2 yesterday and reconfigured it with titanium backup. all smoothly restored and until now no issues. wireless signal seems to be a lot better now and more stable. will see if i still get issues when i connect to the wifi and run DLNA streams at the same time. (sometimes the DLNA playback will simply skip to the next file. we localised this as a pad issue, if i switch it to airline mode no problem, i switch back on the files will skip at random intervalls - which is weird esp. since DLNA is on the same network but wired).

Deeluxe

Mar 26, 2011
Hello im runing the 7.2 Version ,but when i attach my usb dongle the tablet doesn't detect it,(im on host in shuttle tools) ,when i use drive mount and try to ''mount all''the app just crashes.Any suggestion ?

PS:The dongle is formated under fat32

Last edited:

feuxfollets

Jan 6, 2012
I just installed 7.2, and for some reason I'm unable to connect to any encrypted wifi networks as my device appears to be unable to generate encryption keys or something...

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Hello all !!!

Ice Cream Sandwich for Viewpad 10s !!!

LINK:

[ROM][ICS](ALPHA 2)VegaICS: ICS for P10AN01(Advent Vega,POV Tegra 10.1,Viewpad 10S..) - xda-developers

------> But its Alpha Version !!!

Well, seems as if you didn't read very much in this thread...

And btw: Next time try less colors and smaller font ;)

One more way to create swap partition:
SD card partitioning - XDA-Developers
Finally had the time to try this and got some problems:
I did go through this steps, put the card into my pad and it did not get recognised.
It even crashed "android.settings" (!?) each time i tried to open the storage settings^^
What am i doing wrong? Or is this maybe a problem of the kernel/android version?

A second thing i realized is that when i use swapper swap seems not to be mounted any more.
I started "Terminal Emulator" and ran the command "free" and there were only zeros in the row if the swap partition - where's the problem?

/EDIT/
After a certain amount of reboots, swap partition gets shown and used - not sure if really "faster" or better multitasking but feels like! :)

Last edited:

coke15

Jan 15, 2012
hello
thanks for this rom :)

i just purchase this tab in 2.2

i just install viewcomb but my screen is not calibrate : i can't press anything in the first screen :/

i try the calibrate.ini with tscalibration but nothing :/

how to solver this? i can't find the original rom on 2.2 :/

This is faisaible to put calibration at every boot on this rom?

mimelotje

Jan 15, 2012
Hello,
I have also this tablet with android 2.2.
I think about to update it to android 3.2.
But if I update it, are there things that not works (Wifi, Bluetooth)?
And is it possible to downgrade it back to android 2.2 if I don't like it?
I hope for answers.

Greetings mimelotje
(Sorry for my bad English)

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
hello
thanks for this rom :)

i just purchase this tab in 2.2

i just install viewcomb but my screen is not calibrate : i can't press anything in the first screen :/

i try the calibrate.ini with tscalibration but nothing :/

how to solver this? i can't find the original rom on 2.2 :/

This is faisaible to put calibration at every boot on this rom?

Well, try to flash the original firmware back to the tablet.
You can find the download link earlier in this thread - even a small update^^

Hello,
I have also this tablet with android 2.2.
I think about to update it to android 3.2.
But if I update it, are there things that not works (Wifi, Bluetooth)?
And is it possible to downgrade it back to android 2.2 if I don't like it?
I hope for answers.

Greetings mimelotje
(Sorry for my bad English)
WiFi and Bluetooth is working, but some people report of bug there - I had none till today^^
Seems to be different from tablet to tablet, just have a try!

Sou also will be able to downgrade, just reflash the device with the stock rom.
Every information you need to do so could be found in this thread.

plastefuchs

Nov 4, 2011
Hi

I don't wish to be negative but I am suffering from wifi lockups.

Always happens after the tablet has been on standby for an hour or so. It says it is connected to my AP but is not. When I disable and re-enable the wifi it never comes back (it can never enable the wifi adapter again).

Are others getting this and any suggestions.

I have this problem as well. Found no way to fix this exept rebooting the table everytime it changed to standby
maybe it wont happen with an older version, but i didn´t try it yet
with the first version i tryed in november (must have been 6.3 or so) everything ran fine
Legionnaire said he is working on this issue, so there will be a fix soon

Last edited: