CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

PinguimFU

May 30, 2012
Iam having problems when lefting it in sleep it seems even in this mode with a full battery it cant stand 3h of stand by,with make it have to turn it all off every time,it seems it is as problem with the kernel governator missing or something like that with makes the CPU operates at full 1 Ghz speed even when in sleep,any solution to that?
Thanks for any help
Pinguim

inspiron

Jul 21, 2012
hy. i have mid 8024. i download the nefrim custom rom, extract on a card. put the card in the tablet, start the tablet and i receive a message: can not find any update image. Press MENU/KEY_VOLUME_UP KEY to init SD card, Press BACK/KEY_VOLUMEDOWN key to cancel!

this is all. I can't instal this firmware on my tablet.

any help ?

the tablet is the model from here: FIRMWARE UPDATE | KYROS mid1024(ICS) - xda-developers . Post number 6, from istoica.​

Bylly52

Aug 22, 2012
I have a Coby MID8024 which I changed to Nefarious Bread 1.2 with excellent results. At first anyway. After a month or so one day the wifi stopped working. The tablet was in the middle of having been on for a few hours & working normally but after the unit sat for an hour or so I went to use it and there was no more wifi. The unit was plugged in so battery was not an issue. What happens now is when I turn wifi on it seems to come on for about 30 seconds then goes off. It will not scan for a router even when I hit the scan button and when I try to enter a SSID it ignores the entry. The wifi goes off while typing in the SSID indicating it is not willing to wait for my attempt to give it a router. No matter how much fiddling around I do I can't get it to work I have reflashed the Nefarious 2 or 3 times to see if that helps but no luck. I noticed others in the forum getting wifi issues but not quite like this. Any insight would be appreciated.
Also does anybody think I can get this unit to work on ethernet through the mini USB?
Thanks,
Bill

colt223

Sep 26, 2012
I had to register just to come say thanks for this rom.
Improved the function of this Kyros tabled by about 900%. I didnt really care for it before, now it works very nicely and is a perfect Christmas gift for my youngest daughter.
Thanks again!! I cant wait to see if you continue development, but even if you dont you have helped turn a so-so tablet into something that can actually be used.
:)

gekanukr

Oct 21, 2012
Hi, i have the 1.2 version installed but i can't watch any online videos, radio etc. Why? I installed a flash player but ti didn't change anything. PLEASE HELP

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Well, my opinion over here is: FAILURE!!
I tried it on my MID1024 and all i got was trubunculated screen with nothingness!
So all wo have a Kyros Mid1024, don't try this!