CFW - Nefarious-Bread - MID8024

What should be the future of Nefarious Bread?

• More Tweaks!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Custom Kernel!

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • MIUI based Rom

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Latest Gingerbread

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
i dont think its the connection. the weirdest thing is this, even if i just search the word youtube in google, it wont show me results or it will give me an error msg cant connect to remote server.what do u think?(kababayan - fellow countrymen) i just mentioned the translation for those of you who cant understand Pilipino.

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
i dont think its the connection. the weirdest thing is this, even if i just search the word youtube in google, it wont show me results or it will give me an error msg cant connect to remote server.what do u think?(kababayan - fellow countrymen) i just mentioned the translation for those of you who cant understand Pilipino.

Hi, here to try and help a countryman. Have you tried a different browser like the Dolphin browser HD. I heard its a good browser and there are other browser apps in the android market for free. Maybe you can try one of them and see which one will work. I bought my Dad a Kyros 7024 so I can't test the same cfw you have flashed in your tablet. I don't think the cfw is the reason behind the issues you're getting. Are you getting a good signal when trying to connect to the internet?

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
thanks for that.

last question, my aldiko book reader that comes with this package doesnt work after i installed 1.2, but it was working when i installed 1.0 and 1.1

is this an ongoing issue?

I am using COBY Kyros 8024

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
i cant uninstall it because it is embedded with the nefarious bread v1.2 unless i will reflash it again. i was thinking of updating it instead.

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
i cant uninstall it because it is embedded with the nefarious bread v1.2 unless i will reflash it again. i was thinking of updating it instead.

I believe you because my Dad's Kyros also has some of those apps that cannot be deleted. Have you tried installing the one from the market? See if it will install or update the one you have right now.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
well, good news. its the damn globe tattoo broadband sim. it wont allow me to access youtube and market. but when i connected thru my wifi,everything is working just fine. my aldiko is now working after i updated it thru market.i just want to thank everyone for their assistance.

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
Does anyone know how to remove the lockscreen or change it. the current one is hard to slide.

also, is the mic working for everyone?

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Does anyone know how to remove the lockscreen or change it. the current one is hard to slide.

also, is the mic working for everyone?

I haven't tested the mic, but for the lockscreen, try going to settings (I don't remember where exactly, maybe its under security). There is an option where you can enter a pass code or pin code.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
yeah, the lock screen is not cool. how can we just revert back to 2.3 theme? even the notification at the bottom is annoying when you are typing.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
u can try to install widget locker if u want a different lockscreen. for the notification i use iphone notification apps. i think its available in market.
also bro since you are pinoy i'l give u a website for pinoys. :)

http://www.symbianize.com

Last edited:

jpmcvs

Feb 19, 2012
First, this is the best CFW I've downloaded, but my 8024 used to find my location based on my wi fi informations, and it's not working with this cfw, is ther any fix for this? Thanks!!!