[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

ancjob

Jul 31, 2011
i paid this tablet 140$ 2 week ago and i thin with viewcomb on it i did a pretty good deal :)
i hope as everyone here that 7.3 will fix the wifi problem on sleep mode

Have a nice day

great that helped me a lot

1)u said viewing angles are bad - so what are the horizontal and vertical viewing angles for the screen ?

at least when looking straight head-on - does the screen look great ? someone on the net told that u have to hold it at 30 degrees to watch clearly the screen - is that so i wonder ?

2)how much of battery run time with and without wifi while watching movies SD/1080p content ?

3)how is the overall build quality of this tablet - viewpad 10s

plz reply

Last edited:

Marcus_Lee

Dec 25, 2011
I have ran Shuttle Tools to re-calibrate my 10s more than 5 times, however I am still getting frozen screen in Angry Bird

Sent from my ViewPad 10s using Android Tablet Forum

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
dear Dahanz

can u show me plz, where is the instructions to install the update ??????

i read the whole first page , and update news is on another forum
There is no incremental update of this rom - update is installed the way as all the other versions are.
Legionnaire posted a incremental one of an earlier version, but did not continue this^^

great that helped me a lot

1)u said viewing angles are bad - so what are the horizontal and vertical viewing angles for the screen ?

at least when looking straight head-on - does the screen look great ? someone on the net told that u have to hold it at 30 degrees to watch clearly the screen - is that so i wonder ?

2)how much of battery run time with and without wifi while watching movies SD/1080p content ?

3)how is the overall build quality of this tablet - viewpad 10s

plz reply
1) Hard to say what are the exact angles, but yes they are bad... but besides that I would say it has a pretty good bright display.
2) Didn't run HD content until now, but I always reach about 5 to 7 hours usetime even with the wifi activated.
3) The tablet feels great and very stabel although it is all over plastic :)

Last edited:

liquidcat

Dec 16, 2011
There is no incremental update of this rom - update is installed the way as all the other versions are.
Legionnaire posted a incremental one of an earlier version, but did not continue this^^

1) Hard to say what are the exact angles, but yes they are bad... but besides that I would say it has a pretty good bright display.
2) Didn't run HD content until now, but I always reach about 5 to 7 hours usetime even with the wifi activated.
3) The tablet feels great and very stabel although it is all over plastic :)

Tablet processor overall performance is fantasic but the screen quality sucks. When you rotate the tablet it glitters and annoys when reading. Only if this device had a decent screen, it would be one of the best ones in the market.

Sent from my ViewPad 10S using Android Tablet Forum

Oct 5, 2011
Tablet processor overall performance is fantasic but the screen quality sucks. When you rotate the tablet it glitters and annoys when reading. Only if this device had a decent screen, it would be one of the best ones in the market.

I really dont have an issue with the screen, sure the viewing angles arnt great, but its bright and clear, the only time the screen issue annoys, is when ur trying to show someone something, i normally just hand the pad over...

liquidcat

Dec 16, 2011
I really dont have an issue with the screen, sure the viewing angles arnt great, but its bright and clear, the only time the screen issue annoys, is when ur trying to show someone something, i normally just hand the pad over...

I think the colors aren't that great and the viewing angles are too low. I wish the screen were better.
Also does anyone have a problem with the youtube application? It takes a very long time load videos but they perform faster on the browser.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2011
I think the colors aren't that great and the viewing angles are too low. I wish the screen were better.
Also does anyone have a problem with the youtube application? It takes a very long time load videos but they perform faster on the browser.

youtube app works fine for me, plays and streams fine, exactly which version of the rom are you using ?

martin_ar

Jan 24, 2012
Dear legionnaire,
A couple of days ago, after having my vpad 10s bricked for so me time, i decided ti give it a last try and installed your vegacomb 3.6.
I had an issue with the length of my USB male-to-male cable, so i decided to cut it and shortened it to 20 cm.
After tried gazilloin ti mes with the long one with no luck, it took me about 2 mis to install the rom,and now it is working perfectly, the way i wanted it to work on the first place.
Thank you very much for that. You should be in their payroll for sure.
Just one question: Viewsonic support on line told me that this model is dual boot on other locations except latín América. Is it posible to install a dual boot with your viewcomb rom and win7 ultimate?
Thanks so much form your efforts and support. You really made my money worth.

Last edited:

Cubbie

Nov 29, 2011
Viewsonic support on line told me that this model is dual boot on other locations except latín América. Is it posible to install a dual boot with your viewcomb rom and win7 ultimate?

There was a misunderstanding. Your tablet is the Viewpad 10s. There is a Viewpad 10 (without the 's') that dual-boots, but it's completely different hardware, so no... dual-booting Windows is not possible.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
So no one know how to install the update?

Wtf!
HeyHey, calm down first!
Why don't you read the answers someone gives you?! -> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-honeycomb-3-2-viewpad-10s-94.html#post178705
And it seems to me as if you didn't read very much in this thread...

Also no problems at all with my tablet/youtube application here^^

Last edited:

homahohk

Jan 24, 2012
Thank you for the great work!!
Just wondering if it is also possible to install the ROM through SD card? My computer has problem to recognise the tablet... (It recognise the tablet ok at the first time, however after I did factory reset and try to load a new build on it, the computer doesn't recognise the tablet again at all... I've tried a few different computer but still no luck... The worst thing is I forgot to do a backup before factory reset, so my tablet is virtually useless at the moment without access to market, browser etc.....) It would be a really great help if anyone can guide me how to install the ROM through SD or any way to help the computer recognise the device again...!
Thanks in advance!!

=============================================(One day later)=============================

After gone through some more post in this thread, just notice I didn't do one important thing while connecting the tablet to computer - plug the tablet power cable!
I thought the tablet is fully charged and should have enough battery for the whole flashing process, however the device won't actually boot into recovery mode if it's not pluged in with power cable!
Stupid me... all sorted now anyway!!
Thanks!

Last edited: