[ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)

roo

Feb 26, 2011
The MAC Address never has to change, though you do a upgrade (2.3.3) or a downgrade (2.1 or 2.0), the MAC NEVER NEVER change!, this is one bug the beta 2.3.3 :(
I agree a MAC address is meant to be unic but even on 2.2 stock i think i had this too, at least i had MAC address undefined sometimes and needed to reboot so wifi got connected..
In addition, on the 2.3.3 it's the last of my concerns: i'd prefer Gapps working and mac address changing everyday...;)

axeldor

Jun 18, 2011
That's a mess, "MAC Change"

Anyway, it works like a charm. Is this project going to go on? I'm quite glad with it, and now I can connect to the ad-hoc tethered lan that I create with my HTC Magic phone.

axeldor

Jun 18, 2011
Ok, big trouble ahead.
Despite the fact that the firmware shouldn't change the mac
I have found that PULSE (news) is not working on my tablet. I try to link to my greader account and it keeps me asking for the correct hour and date, but they are already setup (and they are correct).
Thanks for the time.

Last edited:

vsavoldi

Jul 15, 2011
Hi all, first post ;)

I installed these files and my tablet seems much faster. The system boots to desktop in just 30 seconds. Thanks for that!!

I do still have an issue where my screen never really goes black, it just dims a bit and doesn't really save on the battery usage. It's like it never hits a sleep mode.

Are there any fixes for sleep mode issues?

tia

tekowalsky

Jan 1, 2011
Anyone out there have a XauMod running on a single speaker, two screws, with camera? I'm trying to find a set of the sensor files which correctly rotates my screen.

kadsdisco

Jan 6, 2012
Hi I have been following your thead for a year now had a problem with my utopia 8" Apad single speaker no camera and the sdcard became currupt bought a new one got the apad apart but have been struggling in geting a new sd image to use with usbit got an a8 cortex image from november 2010 but nothing newer tried uploding this update to it but just bricks it as it gets stuck on the calibration screen please i need some help and don't no what else to try.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hi I have been following your thead for a year now had a problem with my utopia 8" Apad single speaker no camera and the sdcard became currupt bought a new one got the apad apart but have been struggling in geting a new sd image to use with usbit got an a8 cortex image from november 2010 but nothing newer tried uploding this update to it but just bricks it as it gets stuck on the calibration screen please i need some help and don't no what else to try.

Try this:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/freescale-based/25902-rom-kkmod-gb-rom-8-imx515-v2-3-4-a.html

Might work.

kadsdisco

Jan 6, 2012

Thanks for everyone help all sorted now i ended up using Jeff.APad.France.IMX515 image using USB It to reload onto my SD Card then used this Rom Update from XAUMOD to get it all working Thanks everyone on here and XDA.

One Question can we have a mouse pointer put into this rom wold be handy when using andcad thanks again.

Kadsdisco