ROMs for the Ideos S7 (May Enable Additional App Storage)

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
I bought the Ideos S7 recently, and I was very satisfied. The only letdown was the shortage of app storage space. I've been researching ways of moving apps to the SD card in Android 2.1, and I've found a few reliable results.

___________________________________________________________________________________

All of the following threads have similar methods of moving apps to the SD card on Android 2.1, however, they all require a custom ROM.

1. [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7 Update 3r1 (2010-06-26) - xda-developers
  2. xda-developers - View Single Post - [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (10/03/2010)
  3. [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5 Preview Fix 2 (07-02-2010) - PPCGeeks
  4. Darktremor Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Forum

___________________________________________________________________________________

I really like the Ideos S7 stock ROM's appearance. So I have a few questions before I go about trying to increase the storage space for apps...

1. Will Cyanogen Mod work on the Ideos S7?
    • If so, what phone model ROM should I chose? (List can be found here)
    • If not, what ROMs (if any) are compatible with the S7?
  2. Will a custom ROM alter the appearance of the S7?
  3. Is it possible to restore to the factory default ROM?
  4. Is it a risk to partition the internal SD card?
    • If so, should I risk partitioning the internal SD card for app space?

Answers to any of these questions will be GREATLY appreciated,
-Andrew

PS : I know, another thread! Oh well, at least it's another legit question that I can't seem to find the answer too. If you didn't notice, I placed all my questions in this one thread this time rather than making different threads for each. ;)

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
1) Someone has to adapt the ROM to it. It's hard work too. To get an idea, look here: CyanogenMod Source (cmsrc) on Twitter
2) It can.
3) Yes.
4) For you (and also me), yes.
4.1) If you figure out how to do it properly, yes.

Thank you for putting all your questions in your thread. We don't get a lot of that here, if you noticed already :D

Apps2SD is probably doable, but not straightforward.

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
1) Someone has to adapt the ROM to it. It's hard work too. To get an idea, look here: CyanogenMod Source (cmsrc) on Twitter
2) It can.
3) Yes.
4) For you (and also me), yes.
4.1) If you figure out how to do it properly, yes.

Thank you for putting all your questions in your thread. We don't get a lot of that here, if you noticed already :D

Apps2SD is probably doable, but not straightforward.

Interesting, are there any ROMs that are compatible with the S7 or "Universal" to all Android devices?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Cyanogenmod does have a variant that is compatible with a few devices, but this is possible because of the similarities between the devices. Each device needs its own ROM in most cases, and ships with the minimum amount drivers to make the target device functional.

double

Dec 24, 2010
The big question is are there enough people that care about the s7 to work on a 2.2/2.3/3.0 rom or will everyone ditch the s7 due to lack of updates when the plethora of new gingerbread/honeycomb tablets are released 2011 and the prices start to drop.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
The big question is are there enough people that care about the s7 to work on a 2.2/2.3/3.0 rom or will everyone ditch the s7 due to lack of updates when the plethora of new gingerbread/honeycomb tablets are released 2011 and the prices start to drop.

I just got the s7 3 days ago so I will be here for a while. I have been developing android roms for a while and I plan to get something going as soon as I figure everything out and we get the recovery up and running.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
I just got the s7 3 days ago so I will be here for a while. I have been developing android roms for a while and I plan to get something going as soon as I figure everything out and we get the recovery up and running.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

nice, if you need any help you can ask us!

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
I partitioned my internal SD card with no problems, fat32 and ext2 to get links2SD working.

Sent from my S7

Oshanda

Sep 28, 2011
Hi, I got Android S7 Tablet 3 Month ago with versition 2.1, and I was upgrade to 2.2 froyo. It's more than good to 2.1. Now I want upgrade 2.3 Gingerbread version. But I don't know how to do that. Pls advice to me how can I do that. And give me a Link.

fuj1n

Nov 16, 2011
Just wondering if anyone has made or found anything for the S7 yet?
I Have Found An Extremely Unstable Solution,
But First You Have To Flash Clockworkmod Recovery v2.5.1.8 For S7(Only 2.1)(Drivers Required)
Found Here : Android Tablets
And Rom Is Here : MULTIUPLOAD
On This Rom Doesn't Work: All forms of communication, Cameras, FM Radio, USB, sdcard, And A Few More...
:cool:
But Missing Features Are Ruining It.
Trying To Port One Myself Now.http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...how-install-clockworkmod-huawei-ideos-s7.html