Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048

killercolors

Jun 28, 2012
I just saw this. This root method isn't for your 9042, which you would have noticed had you simply read the title of the thread. You want to look a little more carefully in the Development Index and Root Utility sticky post for the root procedure for Generation 3 tablets using an Allwinner CPU, such as your 9042.

I did notice the title of the thread. But you had stated in another thread that the method was the same for a 9042 as it was for these. But thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have now ideal where people got the ideal this works on allwinner, it doesn't, the only devices this is know to work on is in the tittle, if your device isn't in the title most likely it wont work.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I thought I was rather specific in the sticky and in other places that Telechips CPUs need to use your method, yet one of the posters above me claims I said otherwise. I'm still waiting for the link, but to me, this idea smacks of laziness, ignorance, or impatience on the part of those coming up with it.

Put simply, they just don't wanna do the work.

sav_za

Jan 23, 2013
Hello all,

Apparently it's supposed to work on a TCC 8925, will try tonight and report.

Thanks for the work

Hi

And a massive thank you from me as well.

I have just rooted my 8925 and it couldn't possibly be any easier. Renamed and copied update.zip to a microsdhc card, about/update/etc and voila!
E953CDD8-F20A-44B2-A273-FA19412E5EC5-607-00000064D452215B.jpg

Will112

Jan 27, 2013
Thank you so very much. I have been looking for days for a way to accomplish this on my daughter's 7034. Thank you for your time and effort. It worked wonderfully, simple and straightforward to use. Made her a happy kid (for the time being) lolz

luke_m1948

Feb 7, 2013
Finally got to a wifi hotspot. Google Play worked great. Installed Titanium Backup. Found the root fine. Thanks for the great work! roncbee

Did u do anything other than download Vampire's (person who started this thread) linked .zip file, install it to the root of an external sd card, and then install it, to be able to root it so it will work on Google Play store? Also, do u have ICS 4.0.3 or a different release of Android?

Do u know if it will work for me even though I already did a wipe of the factory folder that it came with out of the box?

Lastly, how do I install the .zip file to the root of an external card and then put it on my 7048 ICS 4.0.3 so it will work? I've never used an external sd card in my life. Never needed to

Thanks for the help

luke_m1948

Feb 7, 2013
a factory reset should fix that, you lose all your data but your problem should be fixed.

to do factory data reset

settings > backup & reset > factory reset.

I originally did a wipe of the factory folder after following not-to-brilliant advice. I did this before I discovered this thread. Should I just do the factory reset through the settings and then do your .zip?

The way I did my reset was to hold down power button and volume button as the device is starting up, I didn't to a total reset (just the factory folder), and I have Kyros 7048 with Android ICS 4.0.3

Also if you don't mind, how do I install the .zip from an external sd card. A post on this thread said to put it on the root of the external sd card and then put it in the Kyros. How do I do that? Once it's on the sd card, must I leave the sd card in the Kyros any time I wish to use it so that Google Play will work and it will stay rooted? Or do I just install it on to the tablet's sd card from the external sd card?

Thanks you're awesome and I'll definitely donate once I get this working.

Anorith

Feb 22, 2013
Hello.
The download link doesn't work for me, actually not for my country. It's banned.
Can someone post a different link for me?
Thank you in advance.

superpapa

Mar 1, 2012
Download link is broken due to :
Distribution of this file has been disabled because of a possible violation of our Terms of Service. If you would like to dispute this, please contact the claimant below.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.
Please repost.

Thanks in advance.