See more Market apps on Archos Market fix

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Edit: I neglected to tell you I used this Google Market hack. After a reboot I ended up with the latest version of Android market
http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list

This project is dedicated to the installation of a stable Android Market and Google sync applications (calendar, contacts, etc).
In the simplest form, this is how you enable these products in your Archos Gen8 device.
1) Start with a FULL reset back to stock
2) copy gAppsInstaller.apk to your internal or sdcard
3) using the builtin 'Files' application, find and execute this application
4) choose 'Install only core apps'
5) once finished, REBOOT
That's it! Once your device boots back up, you'll have access to the Market as well as Google Sync services (Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, etc).
If you want Gmail, Maps, YouTube, etc, please download them from the Market.

However once you do that, only some of the apps appear.

Try searching for Copilot, Titanium Backup, or even any of the Home Replacements, like ADW Launcher or Launcherpro, nothing appears.
Here's a fix:

Go to your Application settings > Manage Applications > Running Tab
Find Market > Force Stop then Clear Cache (Do NOT press clear data)
Find Google Services > Clear Data then Force Stop
If you try to run Market now you will get a data connection error.
Reboot

Now you will see EVERYTHING on the market.
To test, do a search for Copilot, ADW Launcher, Launcherpro or Titanium Backup.

It worked great on my Archos 70 250GB Internet Tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
by the way, this will allow 'more' app to be seen in the market, but not 'all' apps.

protected apps and apps not compatible with your device will probably not show
in search results still. Try searching for Vplayer or Need for speed for example.
These dont show up on my 101 even after the market hack and cache/data clearance.
(I had to sideload Vplayer from my Desire).

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
That is true, I still had to sideload arcmedia myself.

If the moderators wish to rename /y thread I would not be offended.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
by the way, this will allow 'more' app to be seen in the market, but not 'all' apps.

protected apps and apps not compatible with your device will probably not show
in search results still. Try searching for Vplayer or Need for speed for example.
These dont show up on my 101 even after the market hack and cache/data clearance.
(I had to sideload Vplayer from my Desire).

You are spot on. The other thing discovered is some individuals have to clear the cache more than once to see more apps. Do not ask me why. I have no idea. This does seem to make a difference especially for 43/32 and 101 users.

accolon

Jan 12, 2011
I had a strange experience with the market hack. After I had applied it I could see Flash Player 10.1. Then I tried the method described in this thread. Then Flash player disappeared from market. I once again reset my device and once again applied the market hack. I could see Flash once again and installed it. Then I once again tried the method from this thread and flash disappeared from market... What could be the reason for this? (Flash still works on my device thou!)

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

MennoW

Jan 12, 2011
I see the same behaviour on my A70, where the market is not always consistent. Also, I cannot find Google Maps and Voicesearch for example. In my previous install (same 2.2.1 level, same market hack) I -could- find them ..... Can somebody share some experiences with a different market hack like gAppsForArchos2.apk - can it find all apps and is it stable and consistent?

pkarza

Aug 15, 2010
I can't see airport mania: first flight .

where can you buy apps when they don't show up on the market??

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
There are other markets, as well as the appslib market.

For those who can't get appslib to work, visit the appslib.com website for the latest version and it should work.

There's also the Slideme market.

As for Arcmedia, I sideloaded it by extracting the .apk from my Motorola Droid's system app folder and putting it on my sd card.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Sideloading is taking the .apk file and placing it on a SD or MicroSD card and installing it directly. You get the apk file like Bilgediver states or finding it on the Internet.