Stuck in Clockwork, can't mount sd card

spersich

Apr 14, 2011
I have a rooted nook color stock and was today attempting to install the 1100MHz kernel following these instructions (Jim Klein :: Weblog :: Updating Your Rooted Nook Color to 1.1 & Speeding Up to 1100MHz). All was fine until I tried to flash the zip from sd card. Clockwork is unable to mount the sd card, and I am unable to get out of clockwork by rebooting. And because I can't mount sd, I can't flash a zip to remove clockwork. Do I have any other options?

spersich

Apr 14, 2011
Tried that but didn't work. Now I can't power off. The only action I can take right now is to reboot, which only gets me back to recovery.

Last edited:

spersich

Apr 14, 2011
My problem is that, I am stuck in the clockwork screen that includes reboot system now, apply updates, et. al. When I hold the power button, it does not turn off but rather reboots, probably because the "reboot system now" is highlighted. When I press the power button to return to a different screen, all I get is the Rom Manager icon. At this point, would I be able to do a factor reset using clockwork? I also read of a manually reset method of holding power and "n" eight times. I have read and researched and just haven't run across this particular problem.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I'm dealing with the exact same issue with my wife's NC right now.. I went into ROM mananger and told it to reboot and make a backup. The backup completed, and when it rebooted............. it came right back into Recovery. I reboot again, right back into Recovery. I've even flashed a new ROM, yet it still boots right back into recovery. I'm thinking that something in /boot is boogered up. I really, really don't want to wipe /boot cuz that's always a problem..

Throw us a bone here fellas?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Fine, I figured it outfor myself... This may or may not work for you spersich, because we may or may not have exactly the same root cause of our CWR looping problem.

Here is how I fixed mine:

1 - Booted into CWR (Like I had a choice!)
2 - Wiped /boot
3 - Restored with this ROM right here. This ROM puts your boot back to the factory stock Eclair /boot, which will not work at all for Froyo or later. But, it wiped out whatever was causing /boot to hang on CWR..
4 - Flashed my ROM of choice (Phiremod v6, awesome!)
5 - Smiled

Last edited:

spersich

Apr 14, 2011
I want to thank those who helped, I have a functioning, rooted nook. May still try to overclock. Rico, you were right but scant in directions because god knows I needed and wanted some hand-holding. It's ok that I spent 10 hours yesterday reading and researching, I am better for it.