Super Easy Way to Root and Get Android Market on Your Kyros!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
No. Follow the instructions i posted a few posts before the zip file.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Fieldmouse

Feb 12, 2011
No. Follow the instructions i posted a few posts before the zip file.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Hi. Could you link me to this correct post you are referring to here? I believe I am receiving an already updated 7015A in a few days too and am confused as to what to do to root it so I can use the Market. Thanks!

cassiepena

Jan 15, 2011
I am still having issues with installing google and apps market. I have successfully rooted but I can't find the file on my SD card. I downloaded directly to my SD card using my card reader because my computer just wasn't reading the usb. What am I doing wrong? I have been on this for 15 hours.

svcrick

Feb 14, 2011
Hi there, noobie with a dumb question. Could somebody point me to, or give me, step by step instructions on how to get that flash_image file thing fixed? I dont know what adb is, where to get that file or where to put it. Everything went good to that point, but I am very new to this, just know that I want the App Market. Thank you.

goddessonhigh

Feb 14, 2011
Ok, I am a newbie, and I have read this entire thread, and am not getting a good answer to solve my problem. I used the newbie-guide to root my 7015, everything is great until I get to the flash recovery step I am getting the flash_recovery - file not found. I started straight out of the box and updated directly from the coby site. I googled and researched and still can not find the answer I am looking for. I am blond and all (HHAHAHA - Please Laugh!) could someone kindly provide me with a step by step of how to get past this? Thanks so much and Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Please read the thread here about the latest update from coby. That should answer your questions.

svcrick

Feb 14, 2011
I read the thread and there is talk about using adb and inserting some flash img file from somewhere, and someone mentioned doing it 'the long way'. I can read it ten times and it still doesnt make sense to me. Could somebody please pretend that some of the people that come to this site are actual newbies and really dont know how to do this stuff and give us step by step directions? I understand that the update is the problem, what I dont know is how to fix it, I might as well be reading greek. Thank you in advance, sorry, getting frustrated.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If you can be a bit patient, I'm sure those of us working on it will be able to repack the update.zip with everything already in place. it's just a time consuming process. i'll try to get around to modifying the ultimate guide in the next couple of days to reflect the newest information. i'm just waiting until i know everything i can figure out about what has changed with the update and what stumbling blocks there are for people unfamiliar with the debugging tools.

benash

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks, l_n and everybody else working on this- I have been trying to do my homework so that when I get my tablet in a few days I can get it to where it needs to be....I think the confusion is coming from all of us asking questions and you guys trying to provide answers- you are learning as you go and it looks like Coby has made your lives harder! Looking forward to your further posts.

Fieldmouse

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks, l_n and everybody else working on this- I have been trying to do my homework so that when I get my tablet in a few days I can get it to where it needs to be....I think the confusion is coming from all of us asking questions and you guys trying to provide answers- you are learning as you go and it looks like Coby has made your lives harder! Looking forward to your further posts.

I am doing the same thing, benash, and I'm still clueless as to what to do or how to do it. I guess maybe we can wait until l_n gets the new zip file ready for those who already have the update and then we can figure it out. I'm hoping so. SO relate to SVCRICK! LOL

Fieldmouse

Feb 12, 2011
If you can be a bit patient, I'm sure those of us working on it will be able to repack the update.zip with everything already in place. it's just a time consuming process. i'll try to get around to modifying the ultimate guide in the next couple of days to reflect the newest information. i'm just waiting until i know everything i can figure out about what has changed with the update and what stumbling blocks there are for people unfamiliar with the debugging tools.

That's the most comforting thing I've read in days! Hopefully I will be able, with your help, to figure out how to get it to where I can get the Android Market on there! Thanks! I'm so newbie I still squeak!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The directions linked to in this thread ARE step by step and I don't know how they could be made any easier. However, if you have just received your tablet or didn't read the thread here about the new update before updating, you won't be able to use them as the new update locks down the tablet and makes it difficult to root. If you're one of those folks you'll just have to be patient for now. A solution for you will be available sooner or later. The programmers around here ROCK.

leadkyro

Feb 19, 2011
Found this through phase3d on youtube
Download this file: [its from the coby update zip]
Download flash_image for free on uploading.com
Put ^that^ on the root of your sd
Open your term emu and type
su
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery
that should get you to the recovery menu to install the gapps worked for me 100% after everything else failed.??????why the hell wont it let me line break my post properly[ok i didnt have javascript on]???

Last edited:

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Nice one jrsharp! The original worked for me but I can't imagine anyone having a problem with your even more condensed version. Thanks!