Super Easy Way to Root and Get Android Market on Your Kyros!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
I used this way and it was easy and painless...and most of all it worked!!! Do it!!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

tdf666

Dec 27, 2010
I can't get clockwork to stick. I originally did it through terminal doing the flash recovery.img. It rebooted into clockwork but the next time that I tried to boot into recovery it went back to stock. So I tried the other command in terminal but I get an error message saying file or directory not found.

tdf666

Dec 27, 2010
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install- recovery.sh.bak. After that command I get the error message. But even after the error message I can use the flash recovery.img command and ill have clockwork but only til I reboot.

hartbreaker23

Dec 14, 2010
I just followed these instructions and swapped out the clockwork recovery for the one found on the sticky and I successfully rooted the MID 7005

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
Sue, thanks for the link to the easy step by step.

The Kyros is rooted and backed up but I haven't yet installed the "Google Experience" package.
Anyone care to comment on apps and the resource hit it imposes on the Kyros. Did everyone install the KillApps and are there many background apps running?

My main PC serves as a multitrack audio workstation, over the years I've learned to keep it clean running and fast... basically I don't want to bog down the Kyros performance too much. Any insights on the Google Experience package other than the Android Marketplace?

thanks much-

Clancy

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
Easy process. I followed the steps perfectly and in less than 20min. I was rooted, clockworked and backup'd.
The only thing when following the steps, have your Kyros position longways(not sure how to say it better -- top/bottom) - reason why is because when typing your commands, the keyboard will cover a clickable tab and you won't even know you had to click on it.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
@Clancy.... I've noticed that a lot of bloated apk apps are loaded in from the rooted Market and a lot of useless phone based apps...!
I believe the experience I'm having with the tablet waking up every 15 seconds or so from sleep is related to some bad behaving apps loaded with the Market hook to get the market going.
I'd be interested how your rooted tablet is doing in this regard before you go and add the Market.

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
@Clancy.... I've noticed that a lot of bloated apk apps are loaded in from the rooted Market and a lot of useless phone based apps...!
I believe the experience I'm having with the tablet waking up every 15 seconds or so from sleep is related to some bad behaving apps loaded with the Market hook to get the market going.
I'd be interested how your rooted tablet is doing in this regard before you go and add the Market.

Before rooting I've seen it come on for maybe 10 seconds or so and then go back to sleep, the last time it did this I was standing close by and noticed the onscreen clock read 1:00AM.

I'll keep track of it today and see what it's doing.

Clancy-