Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

yudh1z

Nov 21, 2011
There are several alternatives before taking that step of going backwards.

Try the factory reset method of other SuperPad's....press and hold the menu button and the big round back button and then press the power button. If that doesn't place the tablet in recovery mode then ...

Ask the supplier to provide a current update and/or ...

Have another SuperPad user dump their "resv" or recovery partition for investigation to determine whether a copy of the backup system.img (zSYS.img) exists.

I tried the factory reset step (menu+round button), it does not affect my tablet at power on.

yudh1z

Nov 21, 2011
The following information comes with a caution that these files may cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.

See http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/infotmic-based/23550-infotmic-i10y.html for more information. Also, these firmware files seem to be Android 2.1 (Eclair) NOT 2.2 Froyo.

The following file seem to be misidentified as a I10Y when the FileNum (Hardware ID "hwver and version) identify it as a I7Y. However, the I10Y seems to be similar 0.5.0. 1. Therefore, you might attempt to burn the firmware with the InfoTMIC Update Wrap (IUW.exe) utility described in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/infotmic-based/17274-introduction-iuw-burning-tools.html.

Code:
http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=13.5.0.1&vcode=0

[URL="http://10|http://222.73.93.45/update/13.5.0.1/I7Y_Android_10.ius"]10|http://222.73.93.45/update/13.5.0.1/I7Y_Android_10.ius[/URL]

Code:
[B]I7Y_Android_10.ius[/B]

Wrap Information:

Company: None
Board: I7Y
FileNum: 0.4.0.1.0.3
Size: 70MB

Image List:
RD (159.5 KB)
LK (2394 KB)
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (69249.5 KB)
Code:
http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=13.4.0.1&vcode=0

[URL="http://16|http://222.73.93.45/update/13.4.0.1/I10Y_Android_17.ius"]16|http://222.73.93.45/update/13.4.0.1/I10Y_Android_17.ius[/URL]
Code:
[B]I10Y_Android_17.ius[/B]

Wrap Information:

Company: None
Board: I10Y
FileNum: 0.5.0.1.0.3
Size: 72MB

Image List:
U0 (232 KB)
UBOOT (216 KB)
RD (159 KB)
LK (2394 KB)
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (70731.5 KB)

Also done this using the IUW1.2.exe. I tried the SD burn option, burn it and put it into my superpad i7. Nothing happen. Desperately, i open my tablet and here it looks like :
infotm.jpg

I hope somebody can find the correct firmware :)

Last edited:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Tis AM I actually got the pad to try and update from SD. One of the files posted above said it was the wrong version and wouldnt load, the other said it was damaged . Feel Im getting closer! to clarify the I10y was damaged and the I7y reported as wrong update file and didnt install.

Last edited:

foxnet99

Nov 24, 2011
I have written on the tablet Superpad i7. She went from firmware EKEN M009F. Not only works the camera and sound. :confused:
The rest - all is well! :rolleyes:

This is detal described here - Android # entry9953404
The process of firmware
Tried to flash via SD-card micro, but to no avail. Accessed through a standard USB-cable, connecting to a PC.
All the necessary software (firmware and utilities)

The list of programs and utilities:
Folder iuweng - IUW Burning Tools
Communication with the PC - otg_driver
Archive M009F.rar contains firmware files
• uImage
• system.img
• userdata.img
• ramdisk.img

Steps firmware
1. Put the driver for the PC from the folder otg_driver
2. In the folder IUW Burning Tools unpack firmware files M009F.rar
3. Connect USB-cable PC (laptop) and tablet
4. Run the "flasher» - IUW.exe. Be sure to read the file manual Introduction of IUW burning-20110118.docx.
5. According to the instructions we will use the item 3 - Img buring system file list
6. Specify each file in turn flashers - uImage, system.img, userdata.img, amdisk.img - on the contrary they put "birds."
7. Hold down the Menu, press the Power on the scanner (Press Power + Menu to boot).Release the Power, and then a second later - key Menu.
8. On the tablet will appear in the English language - say, the device is connected to the computer.
9. Once the window flashers IUW.exe light green square Dv. (Device) - you can sew.Stitches in the mode of Expert Burn.
10. Click on Burn. On-screen tablet in the center line to download and run the name of the file. In the flashers - percent load.
11. When the flash flood, the tablet will tell - you can unplug the OTG (USB-cable). We look forward to a couple of seconds and disconnect the cable.
12. Match making Reset (at the bottom of the tablet) or 10 seconds to Power off the tablet.
13. Turn the tablet. In the center of the screen appears a little logo - green robot. Then a text string =loading...=. And after the three-dimensional, shimmering letters ANDROID, a hair in breadth, as a 7-inch Zenithink ZT-180 (in the first firmware).
14. The first start is long - about 4-5 minutes.
15. Voie la! On desktop see bright orange calendar and weather widget from Shanghai.

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Ive tried the m009 to no avail, and as stated in the earlier posts, burning by OTG was not successful as neither PC's see the tablets.
Which key are u calling the Menu key? I have the button on the front, and a "rocker"type switch on top with power to the rightand back/or menu?? You wouldnt happen to have that in an ius format?

Last edited:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Ok, Figured out how to get it in the right startup mode and how to get my windows 7 machines to load the proper driver. Updated with Eken M009F...And....I got my Tablet Back! Thanks to you guys for helping out. Edit (looking like the camera is not working correctly and no sound) But it is working!

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Ok, Figured out how to get it in the right startup mode and how to get my windows 7 machines to load the proper driver. Updated with Eken M009F...And....I got my Tablet Back! Thanks to you guys for helping out. Edit (looking like the camera is not working correctly and no sound) But it is working!

REQUEST - Post the details and steps to accomplish.

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
These are the approx. steps I took to revive my Superpad i7 after the infotmic home process kept crashing and tablet would not bring up a launcher "desktop" to be able to do anything.

I found the M009F update here EKEN Support Tablet PC,Car Video Recorder, (thanks to foxnet99)
I downloaded the informic Burning tools from the same site ( thanks to cfrockit)
After unzipping and or un.rar the down loaded files I plugged my tablet into my PC.
I went into device manager on my Widows 7 machine and saw it was mounted as an unknown device (i could still read and mount the SD but you dont need that right now) I had already installed PDA-Net for android on my PC so it already had an ADB driver (not sure if that was even needed.)
I right clicked on the "Mid Unknown Device" and selected properties. Select update driver and point it to the OTG folder wherever you put the downloaded and uncompressed Burning tools (the OTG folder is in there). Select that folder and update the driver. I had to unplug then replug in the tablet for it to find it properly but u may not have too.
Start the Burning tools
On the Tablet, press the button to the left of the Power button on top for a second and then press Power button, then press the button to left of power button again. (my tablet has a "rocker style" switch for power and menu only on the top right, and the big round button on the right face.)
My tablet then said "connected to PC, and the green box in the burning tools turned green. (YAY!!!)
Follow the Documents supplied with the burning tools and update your tablet. Mine happens to be the 256 meg version of the specs at the beginning of this thread. The camera, sound, and battery gauge does not work but It saved it from the bone yard. Angry Birds, Market, Amazon, utube (no 10.1 flash) all work well. WiFi is rock solid. Just waiting for a Kind soul to post the proper update file based on the HWVER.

Last edited:

bomusic

Sep 28, 2011
M009F have new firmware ver 2.3 ... anyone who try to update please report that work for this superpad i7

Last edited:

foxnet99

Nov 24, 2011
Friends, welcome to the USSR! :) The old engineering training helped me to restore the firmware Superpad i7. The degree of comfort with the new firmware - 95%. This is a joke, but there is some truth. ;)

So, for our plate came flashing M701SA_0722_V2.1. After the flash the camera and sound works, the battery shows the correct charge!!!
The firmware can be downloaded:
here
here
or here

The process is simple firmware. Сonnect Superpad i7 and a PC via USB-cable. Starting in IUW.exe in Easy Burn Mode and set the file - M701SA_0722_V2.1.ius.
To keep the tablet press the key Menu and than press Power - tablet mode will Communicating with PC...

Flasher on a computer turns GREEN. Click Burn and wait until tablet not say that you can unplug the USB-cable.
We get u-boot with the number 0.5.0.2(735) and the machine model M701SA. Before the loss tablet I stood bootloader 0.5.0.1(), and the model M702.

As before loading appears dancing robot and three color orbit.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ --- Final photo --- /////////////////////////////////////////

A little disappointed that the buttons do not work Volume+ and Volume- button, Menu.
Sound Level and Menu can be pressed on the screen (on the top panel touchscreen).

But you must admit, this is the best firmware so far!!!
If you find among the literate programmer - he can change the button functions. I have not yet succeeded.

Maybe you try? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Thanks! is this reverting us back to Android version 2.1 or is it 2.2 as the device came with?
(edit: came home and reflashed with this firmware. Spot on!) 2.2 and aeverything works and is faster. NICE!

Last edited:

foxnet99

Nov 24, 2011
M701SA_0722_V2.1 - this is Android version 2.2. :)

As I understand it, the market there are three device of the tablet Superpad i7 - the old model K701 (on-chip VIA 8650, firmware M701), P721 (CPU Infotmic IMAPX210, firmware M702) and P745 (CPU Infotmic IMAPX220, firmware M701SA???). The last two are not compatible firmware on hardware buttons. The rest of their drivers are identical.

I need a firmware M702. Unfortunately I have not found it. Or need to change the button functions after applying the firmware M701SA.

Last edited: