Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

foxnet99

Nov 24, 2011
Friends, tell me, please! And someone tried to remove the program from the IMG-file?
What is the utility for Windows?
I want to unpack the system.img

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Friends, tell me, please! And someone tried to remove the program from the IMG-file?
What is the utility for Windows?
I want to unpack the system.img
vio's IusEdit 0.41 see thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/13447-custom-sylvania-rom-development.html for background and discussion to extract zSYS.img from an InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file. Once extracted cut the header as described. Extract the image from the archive. Finally use unyaffs to unpack the image.

An all in one unyaffs/ext utility that works quite well on Windows under Cygwin with properly packed images is dsixda's Android Kitchen.

Request: Please post the Hardware Id "hwver" for this tablet. This can be obtained running the following command in Terminal or through adb.

Code:
$cat proc/cmdline

Last edited:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
That is the same tablet I have. hold down the left side of the top button for a sec (home/menu) then release and hold down the Right side on top (power button). Left looking from the front with the big round button facing you and 2 the right. it should say communicating with PC if the OTG driver has installed properly on your PC. Had a bit of a time getting that to work under Win &. Instrutions above. Good luck!

foxnet99

Nov 24, 2011
I have a box on the tablet has been such a cable - <mini-USB>-<standart-USB>.

Connect to it my flash-drive on <standart-USB>. Tablet connect to jack #3.

But the tablet does not see the flash-drive (from program My PAD).
It should be? Or is it a bug firmware?

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Connect to it my flash-drive on <standart-USB>. Tablet connect to jack #3.

But the tablet does not see the flash-drive (from program My PAD).
It should be? Or is it a bug firmware?
It is coding in the firmware. Look into /system/etc/vold.fstab and compare to these examples. Each is dependent on hardware setup 1st example 10" Sylvania, 2nd is 7" Sylvania & commented out, 3rd is 10" SuperPad. Not sure which or if any would be correct for i7 hardware setup so it may be trial and error to get correct.

Code:
## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab
## - San Mehat ([email protected])
## 

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...> 
## label        - Label for the volume
## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted
## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

## Example of a dual card setup
# dev_mount left_sdcard  /sdcard1  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
# dev_mount right_sdcard /sdcard2  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc1
dev_mount inner_sdcard /mnt/sdcard 1 /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi2.2/mmc_host/mmc2
dev_mount up_sdcard /mnt/sdcard/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi0.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount down_sdcard /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi1.1/mmc_host/mmc1
[B]dev_mount left_udisk /mnt/sdcard/udisk1 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0
dev_mount right_udisk /mnt/sdcard/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0[/B]

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts
# dev_mount sdcard /sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

Code:
## 

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
######################

#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

# dev_mount left_sdcard  /sdcard1  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
# dev_mount right_sdcard /sdcard2  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc1
dev_mount up_sdcard /mnt/sdcard/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi0.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount down_sdcard /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi1.1/mmc_host/mmc1
[B]#[/B]dev_mount left_udisk /mnt/udisk1 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0
[B]#[/B]dev_mount right_udisk /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0

# dev_mount sdcard /sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

Code:
## 

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
######################

#dev_mount inner_sdcard /mnt/sdcard 6 /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi0.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/imapx200_sdi1.1/mmc_host/mmc1
#dev_mount left_udisk /mnt/udisk1 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0
#dev_mount right_udisk /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0
[B]dev_mount udisk1 /mnt/udisk1 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0
dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0[/B]
#dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2.1/1-2.1:1.0
#dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2.2/1-2.2:1.0
#dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2.3/1-2.3:1.0
#dev_mount udisk2 /mnt/udisk2 auto /devices/platform/imapx200_usbhost20/usb1/1-2/1-2.4/1-2.4:1.0

Last edited:

foxnet99

Nov 24, 2011
Unfortunately, I did not unpack the file system.img into Windows XP through unyaffs :(
Someone will be able to lay out a complete set of Network programming in the firmware Superpad i7 or at least only Video Player and My Pad.apk - I liked this file manager.

Last edited:

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
I just got my Superpad i7 P745 today and was wondering if it actually has an IMAPX210 processor that has 2D/3D Acceleration. I haven't opened it up and checked the chip but when I check system info with various programs i.e. antutu benchmark its telling me that the cpu hardware is IMAPX200. However, it does state in the build.prop that the "ro.board.platform=imap210." I'm not sure which one to go by. I also have a Sylvania Tablet Express Plus SYTABEX7-2 and it has the same info: CPU hardware is IMAPX200 and ro.board.platform is IMAPX210 and from what I understand is that the Sylvania tablets only have the IMPAPX200 CPU (could be mistaken.) My Superpad i7 P75 has relatively the same scores as far as benchmarking is concerned. So, do you think it only has the X200 CPU?

Attanai

Dec 1, 2011
M701SA_0722_V2.1 - this is Android version 2.2. :)

As I understand it, the market there are three device of the tablet Superpad i7 - the old model K701 (on-chip VIA 8650, firmware M701), P721 (CPU Infotmic IMAPX210, firmware M702) and P745 (CPU Infotmic IMAPX220, firmware M701SA???). The last two are not compatible firmware on hardware buttons. The rest of their drivers are identical.

I need a firmware M702. Unfortunately I have not found it. Or need to change the button functions after applying the firmware M701SA.

There's also the P752, which is what I have. I've scoured the internet, and can't find any firmware at all. The earlier post with the p701 download link worked, as in it didn't brick my device, but the touchscreen isn't responding. I wonder if there's a way to transfer the drivers from a working device (which I have) to the IUW?

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
One irritating fact on this 745 tablet is it says that it has 2 gig mem. according to titanium backup (rooted) I have rom: 201 meg (79) free. Internal 1.03 bg (654 MB free) This is the memory area I cant seem to save anything to. Sd card 454 mb (43 meg free) This is were all my programs install. and then my ext. sd card (most proggy show it as SD1) 13 gig free as it should. How do I get to and/or use the internal mem?

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
One irritating fact on this 745 tablet is it says that it has 2 gig mem. according to titanium backup (rooted) I have rom: 201 meg (79) free. Internal 1.03 bg (654 MB free) This is the memory area I cant seem to save anything to. Sd card 454 mb (43 meg free) This is were all my programs install. and then my ext. sd card (most proggy show it as SD1) 13 gig free as it should. How do I get to and/or use the internal mem?

This is because your tablet has a 2gb flash thats paritioned for rom space, internal space, and sd space. Now if you are rooted you possibly could modify the vold.fstab file in /system/etc/ to mount your external sdcard as the internal but, It won't give you more space to install apps because apps are being installed on your "internal" storage space under /data/app. Ive tried this on my A8 tablet successfully but dont want to risk a bootloop until im comfortable flashing firmware on my p745 i7 (i think we have the exact model.)

If you have tha Amazon app store it could be a reason why your SD card space is low. When apps are downloaded they are chached in /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.venezia. This was taking up all my SD card space so I deleted the cache and now I have my SD storage back.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited: