Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
All my programs apear to be installing on the "internal"SD card. Cant seem to get anything to save to the internal memory. Dont have allot of programs but 445 megs gone. Cleared all cache and everything.

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
All my programs apear to be installing on the "internal"SD card. Cant seem to get anything to save to the internal memory. Dont have allot of programs but 445 megs gone. Cleared all cache and everything.

Are you certain? Can you locate the installed apk's to confirm? Use a root explorer to check. If so what is the target i.e /sdcard/

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

Houston3565

Dec 14, 2011
Just got this tablet through a Groupon deal, it's a real POS. After one restart it is now hung at the Android splash screen. Any ideas?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Just got this tablet through a Groupon deal, it's a real POS. After one restart it is now hung at the Android splash screen. Any ideas?
See Post #61 for the link to the Russian forum discussing these Chinese tablets where they describe the key press combination to bring up the boot menu that will allow you to "factory reset" the tablet.

Press Menu, press the Power + Home (at the same time on two sides of the keyboard). Release the Power + Home, and then in a second-down Menu.
Please confirm your success and a better explanation if there is one but most of these tablets follow a similar approach as depicted in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/6437-apply-factory-reset-step-step-images.html for the Sylvania tablets.

Last edited:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Dont be surprised if none of the above methods work for u to do a factory reset. Never worked on Mine. Had to reflash. Was a simple enuff process tho.

ebaybobmc312

Dec 16, 2011
Hi. I just bought a "Superpad i7"

also advertised as "7" Infortm Superpad Flytouch 3 Cortex A8 1GHz 512MB 4GB WiFi 3G Camera 1080P G-sensor XOOM P1000 MID".

I didn't see a section here for this model except for this one which is under "sylvania tablets" (incorrectly located) - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...i7-android-2-2-tablet-pc-7-inch-infotmic.html

I wanted to begin a new thread for these models because information is hard to come by. I've been playing with this and have information to share. How can I start a new thead in the appropriate area of these forums specifically for this model? I can't seem to begin a new thread.

Thanks

sunbaked

Dec 16, 2011

I just got two, definitely POS.

On my model, hard reset by power button, menu button and 'back' button (on front of unit by usb and hdmi port).

has anyone tried a firmware flash on these groupon models?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hi. I just bought a "Superpad i7"

also advertised as "7" Infortm Superpad Flytouch 3 Cortex A8 1GHz 512MB 4GB WiFi 3G Camera 1080P G-sensor XOOM P1000 MID".

I didn't see a section here for this model except for this one which is under "sylvania tablets" (incorrectly located) - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...i7-android-2-2-tablet-pc-7-inch-infotmic.html

I wanted to begin a new thread for these models because information is hard to come by. I've been playing with this and have information to share. How can I start a new thead in the appropriate area of these forums specifically for this model? I can't seem to begin a new thread.

Thanks

There was initially a thread in the SuperPad forum section which didn't draw much response. A thread was started here prior to these tablets surfacing in the wild as we were curious if the firmware might be interchangeable or combine efforts for a custom rom. Still interested in the specific Hardware Id "hwver" of these tablets as they may all be i7 but have different boards like the Sylvania's. A new thread either here or in the SuperPad or in the InfoTMIC based forum would be great but one place only to capture all relevant information.

Included in the description of this forum (... or Infotmic OEM 7" tablet) we are always open to discussing anything related.

Finally, if you can read or translate Russian I posted early another forum with an ongoing discussion.

On my model, hard reset by power button, menu button and 'back' button (on front of unit by usb and hdmi port).

Can you post the Hardware Id "hwver" for the tablets you obtained?
They may have boards similar to earlier tablets or other devices where the firmware may work.

Last edited:

wongmon

Dec 16, 2011

Do you mean pressing these buttons one after the other or some simultaneously?

wongmon

Dec 16, 2011
I bought the superpad i7 through groupon as well and within half an hour of being out of the box, the wifi stopped working (said I was out of range of my home wifi even though I was right beside the modem). In an attempt to fix that, I decided to try restarting the the device.

Now, one hour of being out of the box, I'm stuck on the startup screen with the android character and colorful dots behind it.

I read this whole thread and there seem to be many differences with other people's superpad's and the groupon one. The groupon one looks like this: D.N.G Superpad i7 7″ infortm X210 Flytouch Android 2.2 512MB 4GB WIFI HDMI Camera Tablet pc | Zoomafx.

I've tried all the factory reset button combination possibilities posted on this thread to no avail (ie. I don't have a button left of the power button). Also tried cfrockit's really good post on factory resets, but didn't work either. The buttons nor the model is the same. My suspicion is that it's because it's not even a sylvania tablet.

The startup screen is also different: the initial screen just shows the android logo (without the numbers at the bottom right) and the second screen is the android character with colorful dots behind it. And I can't seem to get past this screen.

I tried connecting my tablet to my windows 7 computer via usb cable, but my computer doesn't recognize it.

Lost and feel like I just wasted $150. Any help here for this specific model?

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I bought the superpad i7 through groupon as well and within half an hour of being out of the box, the wifi stopped working (said I was out of range of my home wifi even though I was right beside the modem). In an attempt to fix that, I decided to try restarting the the device.

Now, one hour of being out of the box, I'm stuck on the startup screen with the android character and colorful dots behind it.

I read this whole thread and there seem to be many differences with other people's superpad's and the groupon one. The groupon one looks like this: D.N.G Superpad i7 7″ infortm X210 Flytouch Android 2.2 512MB 4GB WIFI HDMI Camera Tablet pc | Zoomafx.
Same name different hardware than seen in October and posted in the original post (OP). Thus the need for the Hardware Id "hwver" to determine the proper firmware.

SuperPad III 752 - This is a closer match. Suggest separate threads for various models either here, the SuperPad forum, or the InfoTMIC based forum.
[h=1]
[/h]
I've tried all the factory reset button combination possibilities posted on this thread to no avail (ie. I don't have a button left of the power button). Also tried cfrockit's really good post on factory resets, but didn't work either. The buttons nor the model is the same. My suspicion is that it's because it's not even a sylvania tablet.
These are NOT Sylvania branded tablets but all the tablets discussed in this forum a InfoTMIC powered and some share similar functions, firmware, and most of all issues. Wifi on InfoTMIC tablets is a known issue with no known fix.

The startup screen is also different: the initial screen just shows the android logo (without the numbers at the bottom right) and the second screen is the android character with colorful dots behind it. And I can't seem to get past this screen.
There are some pictures of the boot sequence earlier in this post similar to as you describe. Not getting past the splash screens is good in that at least it is not completely bricked but will require a "factory reset" or may require burning the correct firmware.

I tried connecting my tablet to my windows 7 computer via usb cable, but my computer doesn't recognize it.

Lost and feel like I just wasted $150. Any help here for this specific model?
None of the InfoTMIC powered tablets support connection to the computer except for burning firmware but that requires Win 32 and again a key press combination to interrupt the normal boot process.

Last edited by a moderator:

wongmon

Dec 16, 2011
Without wifi or computer connection, does anyone else know of a creative way to put content onto the tablet? I'm talking about videos, documents, music ... I'm trying to make the most out of this tablet given all the issues. Any help would be appreciated.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Without wifi or computer connection, does anyone else know of a creative way to put content onto the tablet? I'm talking about videos, documents, music ... I'm trying to make the most out of this tablet given all the issues. Any help would be appreciated.
Side load applications using a micro SD card or copy videos to micro SD and view content from card or copy to internal memory. The Sylvania tablets came with a mini USB to USB cable which can also be used to load or view content using USB flash drive.

Once you have regained Wifi connectivity there are several post related to wifi media servers to copy/stream content locally.

If your tablet is booting can you please post the Hardware Id "hwver" for investigation? It will be listed either on the Device info in Settings or can be obtained by installing Android Terminal Emulator and issuing the following command.

$cat /proc/cmdline