Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
The g sensor in alot of tablets do not work properly on car racing games, they work in reverse or not at all. I have same unit and same flash. Alot of games do work properly but most racing games do not.

toofine46

Dec 30, 2011
Now it's Redflag.ca's turn for Super i7 problems. Order mine Nov. 26, got voucher. ZoomFx said delivery in 30 days on their website. Got the i7 on the 28th of December.
Turns on and moves widgets but thats about it. Useless. Have just emailed Redflags to seen how to procede. Looks like ZoomFx has made the rounds of the daily deal sites.

releaser

Dec 29, 2011
Hi guys.

I have the SuperPad i7 P745.

It came with firmware M701 and HWVER 0.5.0.2(735), no market access, so i flashed M701SA and now i have M701SA with the same HWVER, market works great, camera and sound also ok.

One more thing, if i try to flash other firmwares (no .ius files) not flashing UO i am safe from bricking the tablet, right?

I'm pretty much disappointed with the tablet, and i might try to flash other firmwares on it, but don't want to brick it permanently.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone please answer about the brick when flashing?

Thanks

Jan 1, 2012
Sorry to read there are so many bad experiences with the ZoomaFX Superpad / Superpocket i7 Tablets. Mine arrived (albiet it took almost a month for it to get shipped out by ZoomaFX!) and has worked fine for over a week now. I'm totally new to Android, tablets in general, and not an experienced user; however I figured out pretty quick that I wanted to ROOT my device. Unfortunately that took me days to figure out (nothing posted anywhere worked and especially none of the market apps could root my tablet), but just when I was about to give up I stumbled upon a "How To Guide" that described SuperOneClick 2.3.2 (my device was not NAND locked).

Still lots for me to learn, like how to get it to recognize/mount and SD Card; and how to transfer files to/from a PC. I can watch movies, listen to music, and surf the net just fine (google voice search impressed me so now I'm curious if that can be accessed via a a windows PC?)). I have content on my PC that I want to transfer to my tablet; and so far I am totally stumped on how to do that! I've seen the ADs for these cheap tablets where volume orders (10 or more) can be had for as little as $69 each, so I doubt the $149 Groupon deal was saving me anything at all, but without Groupon bring this type of device to my attention; I never would have tried one. Battery life really sucks is my only big complaint, and although I read to disable the 3G cell network stuff and do what is suggested; it makes little difference. Keeping the display brightness low also is no great help. If I actively use the device for anything at all, I get about 3 hours tops. Its great there's a place here for people to share ideas and experiences on the SuperPad / SuperPocket i7 tablets, because ZoomaFX provides no useful information (not even the manufacturers name) so support/update is a lost cause it would seem.

BlondeMinds

Jan 1, 2012
i bought the superpad i7 off of amazon.com for my children & me for xmas at first it was working fine now everytime i try to connect to wifi it just scans then disconnets everything else in our home that has wifi works just fine i have been to every site that talks about a factory reset and nothing is working i may send it back for a refund soon or i may get some help to see what the problem is?? any suggestions??

Tommaso

Dec 29, 2011
Hi!

I have SuperPad i7 P745 too.

Originally there was Android 2.3 on my tablet and it crashed and I uptated but I don't find the original firmware... only the other M701SA Android 2.2 V.2.1 firmware.

My G-sensor work as wrong. :(

I need a firmware that work perfectly on my tablet or G-sensor issue fix or G-sensor calibration software.

In my opinion M701SA Android 2.2 V1.5 is the original rom that works perfectly...

Watch this video that shows the original rom (1:33 min):

Could you send me some software (firmware) that work on my tablet too?

...or have any idea?

Thanks.

All the best,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
I also had a SuperPad i7 P745 with Android 2.3 on my tablet and it crashed.

At first I update with P745-2G_Android_327682.ius but It is Android 2.2 and Sd card and Usb sticks don't work properly.

Finally I found the same firmware that It crashed in this location Яндекс.Народ

and after burning it works perfectly.

Whats your hardware version? What is the size of your internal sd? The firmware is m701_4g so, I'm wondering if it will work for 2gb users.

zoomafxhater

Jan 6, 2012
I purchased this through WagJag and received the same email from Zoomafx after they tried telling me how to turn wifi on and telling me there is no refund after 15 days of purchase even though they sent it 17 days after date of purchase. So after A LOT of phone calls to WagJag and emails to Zoomafx I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint against Zoomafx. After reviewing my claim the BBB put the claim against WagJag instead.
Hopefully we can all get our money back for this garbage that was valued at $419, but even if it worked isn't worth $20.

Any update on this? Wagjag is giving me the runaround to deal with zoomafx and zoomafx is MIA .. looks like we all got scammed and wagjag/groupon should be responsible at this point.

Tommaso

Dec 29, 2011
I also had a SuperPad i7 P745 with Android 2.3 on my tablet and it crashed.

At first I update with P745-2G_Android_327682.ius but It is Android 2.2 and Sd card and Usb sticks don't work properly.

Finally I found the same firmware that It crashed in this location Яндекс.Народ

and after burning it works perfectly.

Hi!

- I got this messege: this is not a wrap for current product.
- Why?
- How do you update (burn) your firmware?

Thanks

rugbeeprop

Jan 7, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as everyone here. Considering at around the same time, I signed up to Rogers Wireless and spent the same about $149 for their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, I believe I had an objective comparison between the two product. As both are currently market at around $450, and it was promoted for $149, I would assume that both have the same quality.

However, as you all know by now that the quality of the SuperPad is a sub standard product. I did pretty much what most of you did by calling Wagjag and also emailed Zoomafx back in December as soon as I opened to box. The response at the time was to contact them back after December 5.

I just re-emailed Zoomafx on Dec 5 to obtain the id for return with the list of problems. I will update you on what the progress is.

Also, a co-worker of mine purchased TWO of them for her daughters. As they did not open the package until Christmas day, she had warning from me about the product. So, on Christmas day, she had her daughter to open only one of them. And they were not happy either. So, on Dec 5, she called Wagjag, and Wagjag would take the unopened package and refund her for the purchase. She had to contact Zoomafx for the opened package.

phantomzero

Jan 10, 2012
Having the same problems as everyone else in the thread.

- Takes 5-15 minutes to boot
- Wifi takes minutes to connect
- Only has access to Chinese Market
- Cannot download apps - error message saying not enough memory
- When rebooting it seems to completely rewrite to new state - have to re calibrate the touch screen re enter wifi info and time

Sent email to Zoomafx with no reply yet. I'll wait to see then email Groupon, then contact Visa to get a refund.

Paragirl

Jan 10, 2012
I also ordered this tablet (Superpad i7 Android 2.2) through the Groupon deal thinking it would be a great Christmas gift for my son. What a ridiculous mistake it was! I have been emailing ZoomaFX since Christmas day and to date haven't had any response other than the automated email advising that their "staffs" will respond to my email in 24 to 48 hours. I also have been in contact with Groupon who have redirected me to ZoomaFX...

If everyone who purchased one of these worthless tablets, relentlessly demands proper customer service, we may get somewhere...

I sent this email to both ZoomaFX and Groupon on December 25:

I purchased this tablet as a Christmas gift for my son. It was delivered on December 23, 2011. It has been an extremely disappointing experience, especially for my 12 year old son who was essentially left without a gift on Christmas morning.

This item is entirely unsatisfactory and was clearly falsely marketed and grossly overvalued. I would NEVER have paid $129.00 for this item, never mind the $379.00 it is supposedly valued at. The product is very cheaply made and is nowhere near the quality described in the advertisement.

We have had nothing but problems with it from the moment we opened the package. When we attempted to charge it, the unit and charger became alarmingly hot. In fact, it became so hot that we had to unplug it and leave it only partially charged for fear that it would catch fire.

The touch screen is plastic and the quality is very poor. To get a response we practically have to push the screen in, and even then, icons surrounding the area being selected, randomly activate and open. All the pixels around the figure depression change colors and things on the opposite side of the screen seem to get selected. We get terrible screen distortions when just handling the unit, even when just lightly touching the screen.

Furthermore, we have been unable to turn on the WIFI. No matter what we do, we continually get an error message when we attempt to connect the unit to the wireless internet in our home.

Suffice it to say, we are extremely dissatisfied with this purchase. We were further disappointed to discover (while searching online for solutions to some of the issues we are having), to find that we are only one buyer among MANY, who are dissatisfied and now experiencing immense frustration and resistance when trying to return the unit.

Your company indicates that the return policy is 15 days from date of purchase; however, you also indicate that no returns will be considered, and RMA numbers will not be issued prior to January 5, 2012. This will take us past 15 days from date of purchase. How does this make any sense?

Please provide information as to how we can return this item for a full refund.

I received this response from Groupon, and to date (despite resending the same email every day, several times a day) , NOTHING from ZoomaFX:

Christopher L, Dec-25 03:38 pm (CST):

I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulty with your ZoomaFX Tablet. I recommend reaching out to ZoomaFX directly for technical assistance. Here is their contact information:
http://zoomafx.com/better-living/contact/
1-888-915-8777
10:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
Monday to Friday
Email:
[email protected]

If the product is defective, you can exchange or return it by following these steps:
1. Request an RMA Authorization number on or after January 5, 2012 (no RMA authorization numbers will be issued before this date). The following information must be included:
(a) Full name
(b) Shipping Address
(c) Order ID
(d) Redemption code
(e) Defective description

2. The return shipping address will be provided along with the RMA Authorization number.
3. The tablet must be returned via UPS. Delivery signature is required, at your own expense, and the product must be in its original condition with all included accessories.
4. After testing, if the product is proven to be defective due to the manufacturer, you will either be refunded and reimbursed for your shipping cost, or you will receive a replacement tablet plus reimbursement of your shipping cost.
6. If the tablet is in working order and no defects are found, they will ship the tablet back to the you via UPS (signature required) and you will be responsible for the full shipping cost.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with, and sorry again for the trouble.

Regards,
Christopher L
Groupon Customer Support

I then received an email from Groupon asking me to rate the customer service I received!

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to comment on my experience.

I do not feel that this issue has been satisfactorily resolved. All of the information provided by your customer service agent is readily available on the company's website, and indeed, I had already explained that I am aware of the policies set out by ZoomaFX. I explained that my concerns are with the company's lack of response and conflicting information regarding their return policy (15 days from date of purchase) vs their refusal to provide an RMA number prior to January 5, 2012.

Furthermore, I am surprised at the complete lack of responsibility and advocacy on the part of Groupon. If I had experienced a positive response from ZoomaFX, and the issue had been resolved by the company in a satisfactory fashion, I would not have contacted Groupon regarding the issue. Simply redirecting me to ZoomaFX has not in any way resolved the issue.

As a third party promoting and encouraging sales on behalf of the participating companies (and presumably profiting from doing so), Groupon holds a responsibility to ensure that the products being promoted and sold meet the standards of quality expected by their members. Simply brushing the issue off as being the company's responsibility is taking no responsibility whatsoever.

In this particular case it is clear that this is not an isolated issue and, in fact, there is an entire community of consumers who purchased this item through Groupon and have been essentially "ripped off". The company does not have a listed telephone number that enables customers to speak with a live person, they do not have a retail location for consumers to return the defective item, and they do not respond to emails (despite their automated response which first advised that they will not reopen until January 3, and now states that they will respond within 24 to 48 hours - I have been receiving the same automated response for weeks). Many complaints have been filed with the Better Business Bureau already. Consumers report that Groupon is redirecting them to ZoomaFX, ZoomaFX won't respond, and the Better Business Bureau is directing them back to Groupon.

This is an appalling demonstration of the level of customer service available from both Groupon and ZoomaFX, and further, a perfect example of misleading advertising.

I feel duped and taken advantage of and I will be sure to share my experience in order to spare others a similar experience.

Good luck to you all! If I have any success at all, I will certainly post to share.