Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Looks like I made a mistake. My wife just wanted a e-reader and I figured why not get her a cheap tablet and then she'd have a few more features to play with.
Mine fires up ok, but when I opened the keyboard discovered it had chinese characters. The settings options list again was all Asian characters.
No it has crashed and won't initialize past the "Android" mascot.
Finally got a reply back from Zoomafx to hold H button and Power button together on start-up and wait. Still doesn't work.
Emailed them back, but of course they're closed until Jan 3.
Think I've been burned.
Welcome to the forum.

In general all of these OEM InfoTMIC based tablets have issues with little manufacturer/distributor/supplier support. This site has provided a place to gather as much user gained information as possible but it is not clearly organized and thus requires some effort such as searching and reading to gain some insight.

Several key press methods have been posted to initiate the "factory rest" however not sure which one works for your tablet. Use the "Search Thread" feature. It may take multiple attempts to figure out which one is correct. If found please post. As a last resort, the entire firmware can be burned to restore but it also take time and effort and has issues.

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
Hi there...having the same issues as eroyd and roup.

I don't want to alarm people but I live in the Greater Toronto Area and visited the return address (300 West Beaver Creek Rd, Richmond Hill). I was hoping to drop off my defective tablet in person and save on the shipping charges. Well....the address is a two-story business building with 4 tenants (bank, dental office, real estate office, and a spa). Zoomafx.com does NOT have an office there. I asked the tenants and they have never heard of them!

I phoned Wagjag and told them. The customer service agent was alarmed and spoke with his manager. When he returned, he said that I should not worry and to following the returning process in the new year, as per their e-mail. Um. Now, I really skeptical.

Unfortunately, I think a whole lot of people are going to be disappointed on Christmas Day when they start playing with their new tablet and it dies.

Hopefully, Zoomafx and Wagjag honours their words and provide refunds.

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eroyd

Looks like I made a mistake. My wife just wanted a e-reader and I figured why not get her a cheap tablet and then she'd have a few more features to play with.
Mine fires up ok, but when I opened the keyboard discovered it had chinese characters. The settings options list again was all Asian characters.
No it has crashed and won't initialize past the "Android" mascot.
Finally got a reply back from Zoomafx to hold H button and Power button together on start-up and wait. Still doesn't work.
Emailed them back, but of course they're closed until Jan 3.
Think I've been burned.

IF your tablet is the same as mine (from the groupon) then you need to hold the button on the front, the H button then press power until it turns on. release ONLY power when it turns on, then release the front button and the H button when you see the tablet counting down from 5.

Also as an aside that might help - if you hold your finger down on the box you type in, it should bring up the "input method" box, select input methods and then go to android keyboard... at least that will be in english.

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
IMPORTANT :

I dont even know why I checked, but I did. The return address on my package is:
1-888-915-8777
ZOOMAFX
30 West Beaver Creek Rd.
Richmond Hill ON L4B 3B1

It is NOT 300. I google map'd this place (not all of us have the convenience of going and knocking on their door :p) . Looks like there is about 30 small businesses in the same building. Some are legit electronic places.

Dunno if this helps you. If you go and give the #$#@ though, Tell them I sent you and I want my money back :D

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
Got this through Groupon/Zoomafx. The charger sent out sparks when I connected it to the outlet. I left it to charge anyway and still it won't turn on. Is it toast? i can return it to Zoomafx but if they say it's working, I've blown a whole lot of shipping charges. Is there anything else I can do to check it out?

Many thanks for reply if you have one.

Cannot gurantee it for sure... But I would say it more than likely fried the motherboard. When its plugged in do any lights come on on the front? If not I would DEFINITELY contact Zoomafx and Groupon ASAP for a refund.

I was sent the wrong charger with one of my pads... Wouldnt surprise me if you got the wrong one with yours too.

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
Mine says 300. The postal code for 300 West Beaver Creek Road is L4B-3B1 (same as your package). The postal code for 30 West Beaver Creek Road is L4B-1L9.

The BBB has Zoomafx listed at 300 West Beaver Creek Road too.

Zoomafx Business Review in Richmond Hill, ON - Mid-Western & Central Ontario BBB

Hmmmm......something smells in Richmond Hill......

IMPORTANT :

I dont even know why I checked, but I did. The return address on my package is:
1-888-915-8777
ZOOMAFX
30 West Beaver Creek Rd.
Richmond Hill ON L4B 3B1

It is NOT 300. I google map'd this place (not all of us have the convenience of going and knocking on their door :p) . Looks like there is about 30 small businesses in the same building. Some are legit electronic places.

Dunno if this helps you. If you go and give the #$#@ though, Tell them I sent you and I want my money back :D

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2011
After purchasing it on WagJag on November 17th, UPS finally came to my door to deliver it yesterday December 22nd. I live in Richmond Hill and after I received the tablet TODAY I drove there at 30 West Beaver Creek Road (that's the address on the mailing label delivered by UPS) wanting to return it. There's no Unit Number and I couldn't find it there. So don't waste your time with trying to find them. I emailed WagJag on the 20th and so far they've only been emailing back saying they have higher than usual volume and they replied with a reference "ticket" number. Then I emailed them again with that number and all I got back was just another email saying they're too busy to reply. I'm going to call VISA and lodge a complaint/dispute and request a refund tomorrow first thing in the morning. Sure looks like a scam.

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
Below is the E-mail I just sent to every contact I have at ZOOMAFX as well as Groupon. I will let you guys know how this turns out.

Dear Groupon,

I am writing you this letter to hopefully come to some resolve with my recent purchase from Groupon of an Android tablet from ZoomaFX. I have had nothing but troubles from this product since I purchased it. To list some of the issues I have had:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]1) Android market doesn't work. you can not add applications to the product.[/FONT]
2) My tablet came with bad internal memory which can not be saved to rendering it useless.
3) Although I can show them exactly where the issue lies in the bad internal memory and the exact error messages, They have not offered any assistance.
4) Thus far they have offered no customer useful support or solutions to my issues.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]5) I have asked many times for information to either fix or return my product and have not received any useful information back.[/FONT]
6) The product is sub par. They listed the value at $419 dollars when other sites sell the EXACT same product for $70 dollars.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]7) The charger I originally received with the tablet was the wrong size. I had to go to a local electronics store and spend $15.00 on another one.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As a professional programmer I have done everything in my power to try and fix this product within my own ability... Unfortunately the issues that exist are hardware related and not software related so the issue is beyond my ability to Fix.[/FONT]

I am not alone in my complaint. I have found many posts on the internet about how terrible this product was and how many people would like a refund or some sort of return on this product purchased from ZoomaFX . I am aware that the policy of both groupon and Zoomafx is 15 days on return. They did not send the tablet out for at least 3 weeks. How was I suppose to start a claim against the product without enough notice to start the complaint? On top of that, they claim they wont even begin the return process until the 5th of January.

I feel that I have been cheated out of my hard earned money for this product. I am normally an avid groupon-er and check for new groupons everyday... But this experience has spoiled my beliefs in the experience.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Below, you will find the information sent back from ZoomaFX in regards to returns of the product. They will not even talk to anyone until after the 5th of January (WELL past the 15 day expiry period.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Below that, you will find the conversation between ZoomaFX and I asking for assistance with this tablet and eventually asking for return information. The assistance provided was of no help, so I asked for more information on returning the product. They have since stopped returning my emails. I recieved the tablet on the 13th of December and after the 16th of December I have not heard from them since.[/FONT]

I am hoping to some resolution to this issue that we can all be mutually satisfied with. I have read many other reports that these issues have been forwarded to the Better Business Bureau of Canada. I would rather not go down that road.

I will be forwarding this email to both the sales department and info departments at ZoomaFX. On top of this I will be posting this E-mail too the Android Tablet Forum (http://www.androidtablets.net/) where other user have already begin to gather seeking information on this product and to complain.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Luke Bennett.

Note I also attached the Return info sent back from ZoomaFX as well as my futile E-mail conversation with ZoomaFX.

skiddo

Dec 17, 2011
I had to flash with the M701SA_0722_V2.1.ius (link in this thread) to make that go away. Wifi, camera and everything been rock solid since.

ive flash my tablet with that firmware. usb and sd still cannot mount. any solution?

Bassin

Dec 25, 2011
I made the mistake of buying 2
D.N.G Superpad i7 7″ infortm X210 Flytouch Android 2.2 512MB 4GB WIFI HDMI Camera Tablet pc

Gave one to my daughter and, eventhough, she has only used it for a few minutes works ok, however, battery is almost dead and the charger that came with it is the wrong one. Doesn't even fit in the slot. So I decide to open the other one which is for me, and voila, broken screen! Well I figure I will use the charger and guess what, that's right, it's the wrong size charger too. After reading the other posts I'm scared to even use it anymore. Like alot of the other people said, I too, have to press hard on the screen and it makes the screen frig up away from where I am pressing. Gotta say they are definitely pieces of junk. I ordered mine around Nov. 26th and just got them around 7:00pm Xmas eve. That's only because the delivery truck contacted me to let me know they had them so I could make arrangements to pick them up. It is extremely disappointing to see this happen with these. Sounds like a lot of people got scammed!! I contacted ZoomaFx about something last month and they never got back to me at all. I can only hope that something will be resolved, however, with so many people having issues I doubt it. Good luck to us all!

bob23

Dec 25, 2011
Well, I've experienced much of the same frustration as those on this thread. It looks like we're the victims of some sort prototype that never made the market, but was then purchased and sold in the US so as to make a quick buck. Zoomafx, which doesn't appear to exist, has cleverly disguised themselves through their affiliation with Groupon, which until today I believed to be a reputable company. It wouldn't surprise me if Zoomafx was created and existed solely for the purpose of moving these faulty tablets during this holiday season.

My poor mother purchased this piece of **** for my father as a gift. The tablet crashed almost immediately after taking it out of the box and did not come with any sort of charger/adapter. Even the instructions appear to be for a different tablet altogether. What a sad story this has been lol.

I'm going to check back on this thread in a couple of days as It appears that contacting Zoomafx directly is a lost cause.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Don't let this piece of **** ruin your holiday!

eroyd

Dec 23, 2011
IF your tablet is the same as mine (from the groupon) then you need to hold the button on the front, the H button then press power until it turns on. release ONLY power when it turns on, then release the front button and the H button when you see the tablet counting down from 5.

Also as an aside that might help - if you hold your finger down on the box you type in, it should bring up the "input method" box, select input methods and then go to android keyboard... at least that will be in english.

Well that worked like magic! Thanks. The thing actually works and has some content.Too bad the supplier couldn't supply this info.

Certainly not worth more than I paid, but I did manage to view some Youtube vids and it worked quite well. Touch screen doesn't seem to let me pan through lists at the stroke of a finger. It's basically a button pad.

releaser

Dec 29, 2011
Hi guys.

I have the SuperPad i7 P745.

It came with firmware M701 and HWVER 0.5.0.2(735), no market access, so i flashed M701SA and now i have M701SA with the same HWVER, market works great, camera and sound also ok.

I miss something in settings, on the original firmware i had a G-Sensor calibration option, now i don't have that anymore.

Can i calibrate g-sensor (mine it's very much decalibrated)?

When playing a game the steering goes always to the left, but my screen rotation is normal!

Is it possible that some of you guys have the original M701 firmware so i can test it for that g-sensor issue?

One more thing, if i try to flash other firmwares (no .ius files) not flashing UO i am safe from bricking the tablet, right?

I'm pretty much disappointed with the tablet, and i might try to flash other firmwares on it, but don't want to brick it permanently.

Thanks in advance.