Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

Zilly

Dec 19, 2011
I have also purchased the groupon tablet. After much frustration, it is working fine. I do however have a few questions.

One issue I have is that the android market is the chinese version - not the english version. Many of the apps are in english, but some of the apps I want are not available in this market.

I tried downloading the english version. It appeared in my downloads folder, and I had adjusted the setting for 'unknown apps'. It would start installing, but the last step would say 'Application not installed'. Has anyone had success downloading the english app world? Also, can apps be downloaded onto the computer and then transferred to the device that aren't available in the chinese market?

My other question was about the battery usage. It says that the cell phone service is using up around 80% of my battery. Any way to turn this off?

Hopefully somebody can help me, and all the other ~550 groupon users who purchased this tablet!

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
Why so many "Bad block" entries?

Might want to dump mtd2 "resv" partition for inspection of recovery image if it exists.

Sent from my MiniTab using Android Tablet Forum

I was totally with you up till that... Can you link some instructions?

I have also purchased the groupon tablet. After much frustration, it is working fine. I do however have a few questions.

One issue I have is that the android market is the chinese version - not the english version. Many of the apps are in english, but some of the apps I want are not available in this market.

I tried downloading the english version. It appeared in my downloads folder, and I had adjusted the setting for 'unknown apps'. It would start installing, but the last step would say 'Application not installed'. Has anyone had success downloading the english app world? Also, can apps be downloaded onto the computer and then transferred to the device that aren't available in the chinese market?

My other question was about the battery usage. It says that the cell phone service is using up around 80% of my battery. Any way to turn this off?

Hopefully somebody can help me, and all the other ~550 groupon users who purchased this tablet!

I have attached the newer version of market. It seemed to work a little better for me than the old one (and at least gave understandable error outs).
put it on a microSD card and than use the MyPad app to expore to it.

P.s. does anyone else find it odd how good the MyPad app is ? A real diamond in the rough...

P.p.s. 550 in your city... it was posted in Ottawa, Toronto, new York, Chicago to name a few... there's gotta be thousands of these POS's floating around now...

[APK] How to Install Android Market 3.3.1, Apps Auto Update, Free Download | Chrom Loop

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
Also, can apps be downloaded onto the computer and then transferred to the device that aren't available in the chinese market?

Yes, use the method in the post right about this one.
(put it on microSD etc. etc. etc.)

not without removing the APK's for cell services... See my long post (Re: cell Standby)

digiart

Dec 16, 2011
Got this through Groupon/Zoomafx. The charger sent out sparks when I connected it to the outlet. I left it to charge anyway and still it won't turn on. Is it toast? i can return it to Zoomafx but if they say it's working, I've blown a whole lot of shipping charges. Is there anything else I can do to check it out?

Many thanks for reply if you have one.

tiffboy

Dec 20, 2011
I bought one of superpad i7's also via Groupon/Zoomafx. Worst purchase I ever made. Tried contacting Zoomafx to get an RMA number & return address. If you try phoning them you get an answering machine which tells you to contact them via [email protected] but good luck getting them to reply back. My unit exhibits terrible screen distortions when being handled, even just light touching of the screen. Also, the device didn't come with a 3G NIC as advertised. I contacted Groupon & they mentioned to return it & they would refund me once they received confirmation that Zoomafx received it. Only problem is were do I ship it to? Seems like Zoomafx is a fly-by-night outfit operating somewhere out of Richmond Hill, Ontario.

digiart

Dec 16, 2011
This is the email I got from [email protected]. The return mailing address is 300 West Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, On L4B 3B1. Please let me know if you have any success in getting your money back.

Customers wishing to return tablet must follow the procedure below:

1. Request your RMA Authorization numbers on or after Jan 5th, 2012 (no RMA authorization numbers will be issued before this date). The following information must be included:

(a) Full name
(b) Shipping Address
(c) Order ID
(d) Redemption code
(e) Defective description

2. We will include the shipping address along with the RMA Authorization number 3. The tablet must be returned via UPS signature required at your own expense and in its original condition with all included accessories for defective testing verifications.
4. Our IT staffs will test the tablet
5. If the product was proven to be manufacture defective, the customer will have the choices of:
(a) refund plus reimbursement of your shipping cost
(b) a replacement tablet plus reimbursement of your shipping cost 6. If the tablet is in working order and no defectives found, we will ship the tablet back to the customer via UPS signature required. The customer will pay for the full shipping cost.
7. If the customer refuses to sign for the UPS re-delivery, the tablet will be considered shipped.
I bought one of superpad i7's also via Groupon/Zoomafx. Worst purchase I ever made. Tried contacting Zoomafx to get an RMA number & return address. If you try phoning them you get an answering machine which tells you to contact them via [email protected] but good luck getting them to reply back. My unit exhibits terrible screen distortions when being handled, even just light touching of the screen. Also, the device didn't come with a 3G NIC as advertised. I contacted Groupon & they mentioned to return it & they would refund me once they received confirmation that Zoomafx received it. Only problem is were do I ship it to? Seems like Zoomafx is a fly-by-night outfit operating somewhere out of Richmond Hill, Ontario.

digiart

Dec 16, 2011
Just wanted to mention that the return policy for both Zoomafx and Groupon is 15 days, as posted on their website. The email I got from Zoomafx says they are not initiating return processes until Jan 5. That is several days past my 15-day limit. I have written to both companies regarding the discrepancy and reiterated that I'm not prepared to wait until Jan 5 when the policy is clearly 15 days. See what I get back. I will post any reply.

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
This is the email I got from [email protected]. The return mailing address is 300 West Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, On L4B 3B1. Please let me know if you have any success in getting your money back.

Customers wishing to return tablet must follow the procedure below:

1. Request your RMA Authorization numbers on or after Jan 5th, 2012 (no RMA authorization numbers will be issued before this date). The following information must be included:

(a) Full name
(b) Shipping Address
(c) Order ID
(d) Redemption code
(e) Defective description

2. We will include the shipping address along with the RMA Authorization number 3. The tablet must be returned via UPS signature required at your own expense and in its original condition with all included accessories for defective testing verifications.
4. Our IT staffs will test the tablet
5. If the product was proven to be manufacture defective, the customer will have the choices of:
(a) refund plus reimbursement of your shipping cost
(b) a replacement tablet plus reimbursement of your shipping cost 6. If the tablet is in working order and no defectives found, we will ship the tablet back to the customer via UPS signature required. The customer will pay for the full shipping cost.
7. If the customer refuses to sign for the UPS re-delivery, the tablet will be considered shipped.

Please keep me up to date on the process. Mine obviously has a bad internal card and I would like to return mine as well. What troubles me most is that I received an E-mail back from them saying every tablet is thouroughly tested before it leaves their manufacturer so they doubt that that is in fact my problem...

Sometimes I feel I understand a product better than the makers of it...

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
Sorry to see so many bad tablet purchases here. I would recommend buying from a Aliexpress "Assurance Plus" seller if your looking to buy a cheap tablet over seas. I got 4 Superpad i7 P745 tablets from an "Assurance Plus" seller which means that if I had a problem with them or if there was a description discrepancy the buyer would pay the return shipping and I would get a full refund. Also, they have a chat system where you can talk directly to the supplier/sales rep.

For 4 tablets I ended up paying only $297 dollars with Fedex shipping that took about 6 business days and not that China Post or Airmail garbage.

P.S.

I'm in no way affiliated with Aliexpress and there are several different "Assurance Plus" suppliers on the site, I'm just sharing my experience and how the site is setup for a better customer experience.

Last edited:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
My i7 is holding up pretty well. The screen does scratch VERY easily so be careful. Multiple scratches just from a rough finger nail. The only issue with it now is very occasional the chip that tells the MB if the battery is charged or not messes up and it goes COMPLETELY dead. All I have to do is plug in the charger and it springs back to life with the proper battery charge showing. A couple of times it was bad enuff to have to reset the clock and date. Have a good US version of market working, Mobo player does hi def H.264 mp4's well, surfs great, wifi solid, ( gonna try and do the ad hock supplicant hack so I can use G4 off wifes Evo), battery (when working right) lasts quite a while, Ebooks and Kindle work fine, flash is working, and alot of things that the Market says are not compatable work if u hunt for the apk's and install them. For $74 bucks shipped its not a door stop anywayz.

justincall1

Dec 22, 2011
I purchased this through WagJag and received the same email from Zoomafx after they tried telling me how to turn wifi on and telling me there is no refund after 15 days of purchase even though they sent it 17 days after date of purchase. So after A LOT of phone calls to WagJag and emails to Zoomafx I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint against Zoomafx. After reviewing my claim the BBB put the claim against WagJag instead.
Hopefully we can all get our money back for this garbage that was valued at $419, but even if it worked isn't worth $20.

justincall1

Dec 22, 2011
I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau I have been trying to return mine since 5 minutes after receiving it and had numerous problems with it. December 13th. I purchased mine through WagJag which is another voucher website and they are telling me to deal with Zoomafx directly. When I filed the complaint with the BBB against Zoomafx, the BBB reviewed my complaint and switched the complaint to be filed against WagJag. So apparently this is the problem if the ppl we purchased the voucher from.

Just wanted to mention that the return policy for both Zoomafx and Groupon is 15 days, as posted on their website. The email I got from Zoomafx says they are not initiating return processes until Jan 5. That is several days past my 15-day limit. I have written to both companies regarding the discrepancy and reiterated that I'm not prepared to wait until Jan 5 when the policy is clearly 15 days. See what I get back. I will post any reply.

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
FOr those of you who have also got bad tablets through the coupon offers can you please tell us What your issues are with the tablet and give us any follow ups on the return process? I am sure it will help alot of people out there with similar issues.

roup

Dec 22, 2011
I went against my better judgement and ordered one of these Tablets. My logic was that if the unit was actually a $416 value then, even if exaggerated a little, it would still be worth the price (through Groupon for $159). When I finally received the unit (took forever to arrive) I wanted to return it after about 5 minutes of testing. For a 1GHz processor it seemed slow but my biggest complaint was that the touch screen quality was very poor and to get a response you practically had to push you finger right through the damn thing. All the pixels around the figure depression would change colors and things on the opposite side of the screen seemed to get selected....garbage! Also the charger got so hot during use that I would never leave it on it's own to charge in fear that it might catch fire and burn my house down.

I contacted Zoomafx and expressed my displeasure, especially about their marketing tactic of grossly overvaluing the unit but they stick to their policy and would not accept a return unless there is a manufacturer defect. This device does not come anywhere close to the quality of a similar spec'd tablet selling in the low 400 price range. Based on what I've seen and tested on the market I'd value it around 100 bucks. I ended up selling it and purchasing a 7" Acer Iconia A100 which retails for 299 and is 1000 times better in every aspect.

Having learned my lesson the hard way, I'd advise one to spend a little extra and get a brand named unit. You'll be glad you did!

eroyd

Dec 23, 2011
Looks like I made a mistake. My wife just wanted a e-reader and I figured why not get her a cheap tablet and then she'd have a few more features to play with.
Mine fires up ok, but when I opened the keyboard discovered it had chinese characters. The settings options list again was all Asian characters.
No it has crashed and won't initialize past the "Android" mascot.
Finally got a reply back from Zoomafx to hold H button and Power button together on start-up and wait. Still doesn't work.
Emailed them back, but of course they're closed until Jan 3.
Think I've been burned.