Sylvania SYNET7LP Work-In-Progress

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
149907_458893767948_579882948_5648744_4921630_n.jpg

I had pick this one up at SEARS although Kmart has them but only through online ordering. Price is $179.99 plus tax. $191 out the door. They only had 1 in my state. Had to put a pay hold on it.

SYNET7LP 7" 16:9 800x480, 1GHz, 256 RAM, 2GB IS / 32GB ES, 1920x1080p HDMI, 802.11b,g, 2x USB, Android OS 2.1 Update 1

On SEAR web site it reads

make your tablet your own.
Touch Screen
Wireless Web Browsing
6 Hour Battery
7" High Res Screen (800 x 480 pixels)
Ultra Light
512MB RAM (256MB of RAM) 512MB of FLASH
2GB Flash Memory
Micro SD Card(Up to 16GB)
Wifi Rieee 802.11 b/g
2 Mini USB Slots
HDMI output
Android 2.1

So far it's quick at first it looks like Gentouch 78 and DW7. But it's so lite like Flytouch ePad only lighter! There is no Camera/Video Cam, there is a Mic though. One huge speaker in the rear with gel touch feel to grip hold of it.

Video Review Part #1

Sylvania SYNET7LP Work-In-Progress Review by me

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreBeer

Aug 18, 2010
I picked one of these up yesterday too. So far I like it about a bazillion times better than the Gentouch78, but the lack of physical buttons has already caused a couple problems for me... ie trying to exit Angry Birds!

-mb

Oops, also, you can get $30 back starting today (11/11) for in-store pickup. Just take the box/receipt back in and they will give you the $149 in-store pricing.

-mb

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Toy's R US BF

i_Toys-R-Us_2010_Sylvania-7-Touch-Screen-Tablet_1289466930.jpg

This will be $40 bucks cheaper than SEARS and KMART. The only issue is nearest TRU is the same distance and on that day BF I would never make it or get one. It might go even lower. I wonder if WALMART carries this brand. Shoot I got 30 days to return to get it for less or just let SEARS to a price change adjustment to save the sale.

I picked one of these up yesterday too. So far I like it about a bazillion times better than the Gentouch78, but the lack of physical buttons has already caused a couple problems for me... ie trying to exit Angry Birds!

-mb

Oops, also, you can get $30 back starting today (11/11) for in-store pickup. Just take the box/receipt back in and they will give you the $149 in-store pricing.

-mb

I got SEAR on the phone, getting it for $149.99 as we speak, thanks! :)

Last edited:

timmyd

Nov 8, 2010
any new update on how this device performs,just order 1 from Sears can't wait to get my hand on it.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
any new update on how this device performs,just order 1 from Sears can't wait to get my hand on it.

I am making more hand-on video today got the batteries fully charge and backup also.. I have to get some 1080p HD videos of my own to show off with it.
YT is strict about copyright stuff.

I add all the PowerTools, Mega, Plus, Extreme, Gig apps into it. Even got the tweaks and boosted performance by 100% percent! I am getting close to 900 on benchmark testing. Funny it's showing over 900MB for system internal RAM free, but I think it's counting in FLASH RAM.

timmyd

Nov 8, 2010
I'm a newbie into tablet and Android OS,will need all the helps I can get (ie:rooting,tweaking etc...),btw have u test the Hdmi out yet?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I'm a newbie into tablet and Android OS,will need all the helps I can get (ie:rooting,tweaking etc...),btw have u test the Hdmi out yet?

Yes there is HDMI output. Well rooting will come soon, but tweaking can be done now. Which I am doing.. I'll test the HDMI which is mini HDMI to full HDMI cable.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
does it come with Android market?

No! It does come with SlideMe Market, I have 5 other Market Replacement to get apps that also scan the system and let you know which one needs to be updated. Some just update the software for you too. G-Maps will work and G-Mail should I still have to see on the G-Mail?

When you start it up it show 1970!

antkn33

Nov 11, 2010
So I am new to the whole Android thing. If it doesn't come with the Android Marketplace how do you get apps on it? Is there some kind of workaround/hack to get the Marketplace?
Thanks

mpit52

Aug 10, 2010
Resistive screen..isn't that a non-multi touch screen? I'm always interested a good cheaper table. Let us know how it runs.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Running well I don't like the two forums of buttons OSD software and the hardware two on the rear panel. Would be nice if they're on the front as hardware soft touch pads. Still can't knock this one down. CPU is quick On the full review there is info about who really makes this tablet and the CPU inside. In all still good little device.

timmyd

Nov 8, 2010
just got it 2 hrs. ago,pretty good for the price,can't figure out yet why it's not playing some of the video online and can't figure out how to update sofware (manual does'nt help much)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
just got it 2 hrs. ago,pretty good for the price,can't figure out yet why it's not playing some of the video online and can't figure out how to update sofware (manual does'nt help much)

Update what? Software you got off the SlideMe3.5?