Sylvania SYNET7LP Work-In-Progress

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
no the android os

Click on the System Update icon found dock draw. I am doing that now running the update. I hope it doesn't wipe out everything I just put in there. If it does oh well. The USB OTG wasn't working. So let me do this software update. So now we know how the updates are going to be handled from OEM. So for all of you who just got the device best to configure your WiFi then run the System Update icon in the dock draw.

Updated completed!

Make sure you connect power to your device doing the update. Great apps are still there!

Released! 2.1-Update 1

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
where is System Update icon found dock draw?

Where are you icons kept that's the dock, not the home screen. When you install apps the go into the dock
In there is the system update icon. I've changed my home screen

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
i saw this at sears today. can you install from apk's?

Yes you can! Apps (aka apks) :)

148386_459523707948_579882948_5655542_7699792_n.jpg

Last edited:

timmyd

Nov 8, 2010
Hi tipstir! is that right this device will not play video online because the os does not support flash?if there anyway we can overcome that.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010

Yes but no Camera in SYNET7LP version it does do screen dumps of what you have on the screen.

Hi tipstir! is that right this device will not play video online because the os does not support flash?if there anyway we can overcome that.

I am using Meridian Player Pro, so example if I view video on my site or here it will open Meridian Player Pro to view the video. Instead of the other tablets that would download the video then play it.

Mine is acting up and can't even use the USB ports they're DOA. Even after reseting them changing the settings and ran system update still not working.

Last edited:

MoreBeer

Aug 18, 2010
After analyzing the sniffer stream, it does a little more:

First, a DNS lookup for www.infotmic.com.cn
then, a get of a server.txt file:www.infotmic.com.cn/updateserver/server.txt

I'm not sure what the :2021 IP is for, but that file must tell the client where to go for the updated system.bin...

... Here's the TCP dump ... The 2 IPs at the bottom resolve somewhere in China and Japan, respectively... I don't get much when I try to netcat to them. The China page (222.) is apparently an Ubuntu box that gives a very light 'Under Construction' page and FORBIDDEN pages if you try to walk the update directories.

###

GET /updateserver/server.txt HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: Dalvik/1.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; p7901a Build/ERE27)

Host: www.infotmic.com.cn

Accept: *, */*

Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:45:17 GMT

Content-Length: 34

Content-Type: text/plain

Last-Modified: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:13:05 GMT

Accept-Ranges: bytes

ETag: "5051f1f02e7bcb1:2da1f"

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

211.147.200.147:2021GET /updateserver/server.txt HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: Dalvik/1.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; p7901a Build/ERE27)

Host: www.infotmic.com.cn

Accept: *, */*

Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:45:18 GMT

Content-Length: 34

Content-Type: text/plain

Last-Modified: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:13:05 GMT

Accept-Ranges: bytes

ETag: "5051f1f02e7bcb1:2da1f"

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

211.147.200.147:2021

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
MoreBeer that's great what you have shared. I am impress. I wish I and the time to trace everything coming WEB to my network. OEM not SYLVANIA has to be the one porting over the updates. But this is more of a common practice now, because the seller doesn't want to handle all the CS support.

USB ports either software or hardware. Just don't know but the manual which I never bother with does mention that the USB OTO might now work unless you do a System Update. So right there tells me that at the Factory it wasn't done correctly. I don't waste time trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Let SEARS deal with it. Either give me a new one (I doubt it) or refund the dough. It's bad enough the online how shown 512MB of RAM the box shows a Camera and both of turned up none.

Last edited:

MoreBeer

Aug 18, 2010
USB ports either software or hardware. Just don't know but the manual which I never bother with does mention that the USB OTO might now work unless you do a System Update. So right there tells me that at the Factory it wasn't done correctly. I don't waste time trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Let SEARS deal with it. Either give me a new one (I doubt it) or refund the dough. It's bad enough the online how shown 512MB of RAM the box shows a Camera and both of turned up none.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to the camera. I'm not sure if I will keep it or not, but it is a fun toy. The Sylvania thread over at slatedroid.com says that they can't seem to get HDMI out working either... :(

New Sylvania 7" Android Tablet at Sears??

-mb