SYNET7LP concerns/feedback

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
My SYNET7LP-DS model works just fine with my fingers (not fingernails). I can type somewhat easily just using the tips of my fingers. Notice that using the stylus that came with the kit I bought started leaving small marks (scratches) on the screen when I first tried it. Put on the screen protector right away.

Actually the Screen is a little less responsive to finger touch than most other devices i've tested. Stylus works a lot better, but still has issues with buttons and functions in the corner of the screen.

http://www.androidtablets.net/FG8-Quad-Band-Dual-Cards-Android-2.2-With-Wifi-GPS

hohman.megan

Dec 25, 2011
My tablet did not come with the android market on it nor have I been able to get it on my tablet any suggestions??

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
My tablet did not come with the android market on it nor have I been able to get it on my tablet any suggestions??

There are a few post about this issue, you can do a "Android Market" search and find what you are looking for in the search bar at the top.

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
I have a question about the android market for my SYNET7LP-DS model. I downloaded it once and the icon appeared on my screen, but it would force it shut when I tried to open it. So I deleted the icon and the file and tried to re-download it. It says that it is downloaded, but now the icon does not show on my tablet??

Artreri

Jan 4, 2012
I have heard that I can download the .apk file of an app onto an SD card and use it in the tablet to get apps from the android market. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm trying to get AVG's free tablet antivirus, but of course the android market does not recognize my device.

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
Need help. My SYNET7LP-DS Model is now showing zero for the memory and it does not seem to be reading my SD card, which it was before. I did the factory reset under settings and that did not work. Does anyone know the 3-button reset for this model??

Thanks,

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
I have heard that I can download the .apk file of an app onto an SD card and use it in the tablet to get apps from the android market. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm trying to get AVG's free tablet antivirus, but of course the android market does not recognize my device.

I don't know about the AVG download, but in general: You can use a USB flash drive or your Micro SD card connected to a PC to transfer the .apk. Simply copy the .apk file to the flash drive/card, then connect the flash drive/card to your Sylvania and use MyPad (or some other file manager program) to open the .apk file.

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
I do not like these tablets but I can repair them. They use double 3.7 batteries and the battery life should be fair. (9v)

I always run the screen at half brightness. Do the same for your tvs and they will last longer! (less stress on power boards)

Make sure you have the correct charger. Most of the lithium-ion batteries use a switching type power pack.
(not a transformer)

Generic chargers from ebay will not always be correct chargers for your device. I have all types of different issues with these tablets.

They can make the 3.3volt regulator fail and will cause all sorts of problems. (wrong charger)

I have seen it first hand.

I have caused it first hand.

I make alot of mistakes so you don`t have to!

I will not modify them. To me they are unstable.

Carlotta

Jun 6, 2013
[FONT=&quot]I obtained a used Sylvania SYNET7LP-DS from someone that likely got fed up with being limited to local SD. I have read different people's writings as follows:
1. That Digital Gadgets did not recommend HC cards yet others have used them
2. That a firmware update to Android 2.2 removed the ability to mount sd cards: "- OTG port does not allow mount of SD card on computer after the update. The update maybe missing UdiskMountService.apk. If you want to move files from your computer to the SD card using the miniUSB to USB cable, DO NOT UPDATE until a solution has been identified." ( http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html)
3. Some say formatting microSD cards works, yet others state that formatting microSD cards either don't work or works at first then stops. (not sure if these people were actually discussing other devices)
4. That the cards work after making sure that two folders were on it: .android_secure and LOST DIR (not shouting, that's how it is named).
5. That the specs for the DS model state it is designed without a USB port yet a resourceful user opened the tablet and found that a usable USB port is indeed included but the case blocks it from view. Although that user "modified" the case so that the USB port is exposed for use, as of June 2012 he found no solution to the SD problem.. ( http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/40250-synet7lp-ds-hidden-port.html )
6. Many posts about people returning the tablet as defective, or reselling it, after giving up. (Likely, like mine!) I suspect they were all preloaded with Android 2.2)

My SYNET7LP-DS will recognize Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC and Polaroid 32GB micro SDHC. It immediately states that the card can be removed yet shows storage capacity info as unavailable thus 0's for space. (I returned the Sandisk) Note that I have used the "Mount SD card" feature. When I remove the Polaroid 32 Gb micro SDHC, card, it gives me a message stating that a card has been removed and to insert a new one. I presume this to mean that it recognizes the card but cannot read it. Yet, when I load the card to the PC, it is immediately recognized and the two folders (.android_secure and LOST DIR) show up. They are empty, by the way. Because these folders are on the card, I hesitate to format the card on Win XP PC via card reader.

So, if anyone with THIS model and Android 2.2 has been able to successfully resolve this issue, I would appreciate your help. I wonder if Android 2.3 resolved the SD card mount issue. Is there a way to find out if iUdiskMountService.apkis missing and how to install? I have no background with tablets or Android, let alone rooting, so even links would be helpful. I realize that this particular topic is pretty old, but please state all of the following at the time of posting: the exact model of this tablet that you use, the Android version, which cards have actually worked, how, and why. [/FONT] Thanks!