the Display/Video/Media thread

Marcdroid

Dec 21, 2010
Nevermind everyone, The problem with engineers is that we never read the manuals, I am making an exception in this case. lol

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Marcdroid......

Heres a few tips for modifying you screen.

To Remove icons and widgets,
1> hold your finger on them till you see the trashcan pop up.
2> Drag them to the trashcan

To add widgets and app/bookmarks to screen

1> hold finger on blank area of desktop
2> Menu will pop up to add a widget or shortcut
3> Customize to your liking

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Looks like you are looking for a third-party video manager of some sort. Unfortunately I do not really use this type of functionality.

mVideoPlayer is the video player i used, but I never figured out how to customize the thumbnails. Hoping someone else can answer your question.

ScooterG

Dec 19, 2010
Hi I recently purchased an Ideos S7 Tablet, mainly to keep my 4 year old occupied, but also to play around with as well. Whenever I add videos to it, under videos it just shows the name of the movie....but if you go into Gallery, it shows Thumbnails, but they are just usually the 1st random screenshot of the film. How do I change these to show the title of the movie or a DVD case or something. Its kinda important because my 4yr old cant read, and looks at the pictures to pick a movie. Thanks.

BTW, I own a mac so any programs necessary would need to be mac compatible if possible.

With the file on your PC, download a video editor and cut out the "blank" frames, save and put back on your S7/device.

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
use "better cut" to create the shortcut, it allows you to change the image, you will have to go online to find an image to match the video prior to making the shortcut.

so go download a shrek picture, go to the entertainment tab, create the shortcut and select the location of the shrek movie, then select change image and srlect the shrek image.

done. with no video editing. repeat for each movie

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

slamd96ex

Dec 23, 2010
WHO DAT, ok i downloaded better cut, but it only allows me to change the icon of apps and programs, and not video files... Unless Im not doing something right?? If not, could you give me more detailed instructions? Thanks

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Is there anyway to change the sign on screen that appears when the tablet turns on ????

Search the forum for "bootanimation"...i remember there is a post about it and worked great for me.

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010
I don't know why they placed the power cord connector so that you cant stand the device up in portrait mode (the plug interferes). Is there anyway to invert the image in portrait mode so that the unit can stand on the side opposite the power cord receptacle?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Use adw launcher it will allow you to turn your device any way you want

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App