This is for Coby Kyros 7022 ONLY!!! (change app data space to 1GB) More apps!

heinzelrumpel

Oct 7, 2012
I flashed my device with tc8803mtd.img and I have the CM7,
When ever I try to go to recovery mod and change my current rom, I face the CAT logo and fastboot mod,
Plz somebody help me and tell me how can I go to clockrecoverymod

where did you find the tc8803mtd.img? I think I am too stupid. Cannot find the download link in this thread nor using google. I only find a KYROS7022-8K-cyanogen-signed.zip which is no rom or img an not usable by the fwdn tool. I am really stuck expanding my app storage to 1gb a this point without this file. Anybody knows a download location?

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
where did you find the tc8803mtd.img? I think I am too stupid. Cannot find the download link in this thread nor using google. I only find a KYROS7022-8K-cyanogen-signed.zip which is no rom or img an not usable by the fwdn tool. I am really stuck expanding my app storage to 1gb a this point without this file. Anybody knows a download location?

First of all, no one is stupid. Second, I don't mean to be mean but please search the thread before asking/posting. I'm sure someone posted a link to the cm7 fwdn file.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
Took a few tries, but it does work.

I got stuck on the fast boot for a while and recovery not working, I just kept redoing the process excatly as stated in post#1
My SD card was not affeted so I was able to restore my CWM backup of ICS.

I have not tested anything, just the fact of having 1G of app space.

I used your excat steps and the info in the 2nd post for the tc8803mtd.img file.

It gave me CM7 -- I had ICS. I restored my ICS in Clockwork and I still have the 1G space.
First 2 pictures are right after doing this process. 3rd picture is the restore of ICS showing the 1G space. (I have used some space)

$IMAG0002.jpg $IMAG0003.jpg $IMAG0008.jpg

Last edited:

ickensai

Nov 15, 2012
I have a major problem. I was able to successfully upgrade to 1gb. However, the remaining storage is not mountable. I cannot access the 2.2-2.3 gig of space for the internal storage of the Nand anymore. I can still see the external SD but some apps such as camera, won't save to external sd by default and complain no storage found.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
For those of you that didn't get the internal/sdcard not mounted, BE SURE TO ADD THE NAND FILE YOU BACKUP EARLIER. This can also affect your app installs.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
For those of you that didn't get the internal/sdcard not mounted, BE SURE TO ADD THE NAND FILE YOU BACKUP EARLIER. This can also affect your app installs.

EDIT:

On SOME DEVICES you DON'T HAVE TO ADD THE NAND FILE.
Just skip the "add nand file" step.
If you follow the rest of the steps/instructions your DEVICE should be able to recognize the internal/external storage/sdcard.

Like I said before: "Not all Coby tablets are the same."

ickensai

Nov 15, 2012
Does this mean I have to redo all the steps back to beginning? But this time, I will not include the nand file? I will have to wipe out everything again to fix the internal storage issue?

Thanks,

fddr

Nov 22, 2012
Hello guys i've just bought a Kyros MID7022-4G and started messing with it, followed these instructions but i just get a lk logo but it never boots into the system, just sow me the logo over and over and i cant even turn off my tablet now... what do i have to do? i see someone actually manage to resolve the problem but he never says how he did it. please halp me, in my country any tablet is waaay more expensive than everywhere else. thanks in advanced

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Does this mean I have to redo all the steps back to beginning? But this time, I will not include the nand file? I will have to wipe out everything again to fix the internal storage issue?

Thanks,

Yeah. Be sure to backup all your internal storage data.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Hello guys i've just bought a Kyros MID7022-4G and started messing with it, followed these instructions but i just get a lk logo but it never boots into the system, just sow me the logo over and over and i cant even turn off my tablet now... what do i have to do? i see someone actually manage to resolve the problem but he never says how he did it. please halp me, in my country any tablet is waaay more expensive than everywhere else. thanks in advanced

You probably flashed the cm7 lk.rom file just repeat the process again, but remember to follow the directions.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

strapy

Sep 30, 2012
Hello, i followed the instructions but it got stuck saying crc error - Target CRC = 0x1F3F81F0 / File CRC = 0x57E35D87.
What can i do? I can not boot to system, only FWDN AND fASTBOOT.
Thanks

+1 i only can go to fastboot and FWDN but nothing else, even no "stargate" logo, whit reset buton again to fastboot
please help........

DocMCSE

Jun 30, 2011

Heinzelrumpel, look on page 4, I also tried using the thread search and could not find it but did see the following back on page #4.

Calm down your tablet is not bricked. If it can aleast enter fastboot you're ok. Just flash the tcc8803_mtd file from inside the following zip:
http://files.androtab.info/telechips...FWDN-image.zip
(instead of flashing the recovery image just flash the above mentioned file)

Make sure that after you successfully flash it via FWDN, boot the tablet into the android homescreen.

Vojciechovski

Nov 30, 2012
First of all, thank you for doing this job for all of us!I followed the instructions and it flashed, is running OK.BUT, the CMW is not installed, and I can't install it.Also, the USB doesn't work all the time, most of the time it don't. I plug the usb on tablet, go into the icon od the usb, and the " Turn On usb something" disappears. it just flash and disappears.Could you help me?Thank You!PS: I'm using the tcc8803_mtd.img of "KYROS7022-8K-FWDN-image" zip

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
+1 i only can go to fastboot and FWDN but nothing else, even no "stargate" logo, whit reset buton again to fastboot
please help........

Repeat the procedure, be sure your tablet is connected correctly and that you follow the instructions.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
First of all, thank you for doing this job for all of us!I followed the instructions and it flashed, is running OK.BUT, the CMW is not installed, and I can't install it.Also, the USB doesn't work all the time, most of the time it don't. I plug the usb on tablet, go into the icon od the usb, and the " Turn On usb something" disappears. it just flash and disappears.Could you help me?Thank You!PS: I'm using the tcc8803_mtd.img of "KYROS7022-8K-FWDN-image" zip

Check post 52