This is for Coby Kyros 7022 ONLY!!! (change app data space to 1GB) More apps!

Vojciechovski

Nov 30, 2012
OK, now the USB and the CWM are working just fine!
Thank you very much sir!
It's strage that the coby tablets are so diferents each one...

strapy

Sep 30, 2012
Repeat the procedure, be sure your tablet is connected correctly and that you follow the instructions.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

tablet is connected correctly and follow inst from step to step but every time i get CRC error..please help

strapy

Sep 30, 2012
$COBY CRC.PNG

Here you go, and every time the same.

Attachments

• $COBY CRC1.PNG
    $COBY CRC1.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:

strapy

Sep 30, 2012
I have tried download 4 times and always is the same result, CRC error, can not be corupt download every time, dont now what to do

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I'm sure the error is about corruption within a file. Have you redownloaded the flashing software?

scorthyn

Jan 9, 2013
Is this necessary for ICS / JB roms to work properly? I already have CWM recovery but everytime I install a ICS rom the touchscreen doesnt work. I wanted to know that since it's a risky procedure. Thanks in advance

UPDATE:
In the opened fwdn software a notification might come up. "Nand partition change detected. It will erase whole Nand" this will completely delete all your device files: system, boot, data, user data, cache, dalvik, including all you file on the internal memory. Make sure you have backups of you music, pictures, blahblahblah. Click "OK" to proceed

Ok, I decided to do this but when get to this part the FWDN program just pops a window and closes, after there's a huge button saying "NAND*size*", it does not ask for erase or anything. Using windows 8 64bit, Installed the 64bit drivers successfully.

Last edited:

miniterror

Mar 16, 2013
hello everybody,
i tried to play with a mid7022 today(from my 10 year old nephew) but im having some bad luck.
i found this thread and wanted to uphis system partition so he can have more games on it and wanted to try newer android to get the play store on it.
i followed the steps here exactly as mentioned but now the device is bootlooping at the stargate screen.
i tried adb to look why its bootlooping but its going before adb can even strat and always stays at waiting for device.
i wanted to go into recovery to flash another zip but now it goes into fastboot instead of recovery.
so i tried to instal the stock recovery and the cwm recovery threu fastboot flash recovery recovery.img wich succeed but it still loads to fastboot mode instead of recovery.
because i cant enter recovery anymore and fastbooting it doesnt work im lost on what to do.
hope some one can help me out here on how to get the device working again.
as last option i want to say i know my way arround phones as i flashed multiple htc phones and even builded my own android and wm roms:s
is there some sort of downlaod mode besides the fwdn mode where i can fastboot flash a rom.zip in hoping itll start working again?
thx for any tips.
miniterror

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Is this necessary for ICS / JB roms to work properly? I already have CWM recovery but everytime I install a ICS rom the touchscreen doesnt work. I wanted to know that since it's a risky procedure. Thanks in advance

UPDATE:

Ok, I decided to do this but when get to this part the FWDN program just pops a window and closes, after there's a huge button saying "NAND*size*", it does not ask for erase or anything. Using windows 8 64bit, Installed the 64bit drivers successfully.

Can you provide me with a screenshot please.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk HD

pilla

Jul 1, 2011
I'm stuck on step

-Press "..." button and select the recovery.img ClockworkMod (CWM) file that you have. Click "add file". (I suggest you download the cm7 fwdn zip and flash the file tc8803mtd.img (-this will flash both cm7 and cwm recovery-) file and add it instead of the recovery. It is better to flash a rom rather than a recovery image.)

When I try to put my recovery.img on FWDN I get "Error! Not Supported file "C:\recovery.img"". Now what?

Forget, downloaded the fwdn cm7 img and it worked, thanks!

Last edited:

hevee

May 6, 2013
I think maybe you should add a note that this is pretty risky, and it is absolutely necessary to have a full nandroid backup before attempting any of this. I tried this today, it failed with a CRC Error when flashing the tc8803mtd.img, and now all I get is a fastboot or FWDN screen. Which would be fine if I had a backup, but I don't. My fault entirely, I know, still it might save others the pain if you could add a warning so people don't brick their devices without having made a full nandroid/CWM backup first.
Also, if any of you have any ideas on how I might be able to unbrick the tablet, it would of course be greatly appreciated! I mean, I can fastboot - that's got to be worth something!

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I think maybe you should add a note that this is pretty risky, and it is absolutely necessary to have a full nandroid backup before attempting any of this. I tried this today, it failed with a CRC Error when flashing the tc8803mtd.img, and now all I get is a fastboot or FWDN screen. Which would be fine if I had a backup, but I don't. My fault entirely, I know, still it might save others the pain if you could add a warning so people don't brick their devices without having made a full nandroid/CWM backup first.
Also, if any of you have any ideas on how I might be able to unbrick the tablet, it would of course be greatly appreciated! I mean, I can fastboot - that's got to be worth something!

Yeah, true. I do mention that it is a sensitive procedure, and it does require full understanding of the steps, but still a backup will not work if you only have fastboot. You require a recovery and a working partitioned tablet. You probably did not do something right. Try the process again, the first time I did it I messed up but I tried it again and it worked. Maybe you have a corrupted .img or other corrupted files. Have you downloaded them again?