Android Build:
$IMAG0218.jpg
Home Screen:
$IMAG0219.jpg
Sound + Menu Buttons:

$IMAG0216.jpg

Market App:

$IMAG0222.jpg

The unit performs relatively well, the Market works well, although it's not the "real" Android Market.

I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to those, is it possible to install the real Android Market app or is it possible to add apps without using the App provided? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

Cheers,

G*

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
Here is more info on the sys:

$sys_info.jpg

Is the unit a Gome FlyTouch? The back is plain silver with no writing or anything?

G*

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
Hi chaps. No, this is not the 'real' Gome Flytouch. This is exactly the same unit I have, which I purchased from Euogo.com. It is a Flytouch 'clone', and even uses the same ROM operating system image. Note that the 'speaker grilles' are slightly different to a real Gome. The model number of mine is 'TPGA-718'. Also, the VIA processor is a 350 Mhz, not a 600. It has probably been sold to you with a higher spec processor than it has. It has indeed got 256Mb of RAM, and 2GB of solid state RAM though, which is a bonus.

The EPAD 256M 1.9_88 0.3k works very very well on this device, here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-9_88-rooted-v0-3-working-market-flash.html

Makes it much more responsive, the official Market works properly now, and all hard buttons still work. Give it a go!

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
Great! Many thanks for the info mcdonaa.

I will give this Firmware a go.

One last question, how did you find the the model number of your unit? :)

G*

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
So the procedure to update the firmware is clear:

I need to download the new firmware, uncompress it and pop the script folder at the root of a blank SD card correct?

I can kiss the current firmware bye bye right?

I have downloaded all the power tools, what's the procedure to install those pop them on the SD card and install them from there correct?

Many thanks in advance for all the help.

Cheers,

G*

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
Yes - all the decompressed files need to exist in a folder called 'script'. Turn on the device, and it will auto-flash itself. Watch for any errors (there shouldn't be any). Take out SD card. Reboot. Whole process take < 5 mins. And yes, your old ROM/OS will be wiped (including installed apps, email, google accounts etc. Its effectively doing a factory reset.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Make sure you install CacheMate then run it! Check off Power Clean. Everything is in the Powertools. Make sure you remove the script folder once the device is Rooted.

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
Make sure you install CacheMate then run it! Check off Power Clean. Everything is in the Powertools. Make sure you remove the script folder once the device is Rooted.

Cool thanks, one quick Q, what does Caffeine do? Do it calculate the speed of the processor?

Thanks,

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes benchmark tool. The score on the bottom is what counts. The higher the better!

prettiboz

Oct 7, 2010
everything is successful while installing the ROM. However, the screen stuck when rebooting....anyone has such problem?
$IMG_0532.jpg