WE BEAT THE Huawei!!!!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
We might just do that before 2.2 is released. By then we will probably be calling your 2.2 with a 2.2 of our own.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Oh gosh I forgot we have S7 people lurking over here. I feel so naked and exposed!!!!

Seriously, when is 2.2 coming? That should be pretty cool.

-Matt

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Good luck with it. I have to take my hat off to the efforts of the Nook development community.

@Gadgetrants: Wondered where you were hanging out. We all missed you over at S7 forum. :)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Good luck with it. I have to take my hat off to the efforts of the Nook development community.

@Gadgetrants: Wondered where you were hanging out. We all missed you over at S7 forum. :)
Oh, I still get the thread subscription updates! I'm just waiting for someone to push my buttons again so I can come back and RANT! :)

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Must be the camera angle and the fact that the S7 has a more reflective screen !!!! ;)

Shame you cannot use GPS or 3G on the Nook or I would consider one.

Oh and just a heads up....you better hurry up and catch up before 2.2 is released for the S7 and the Huawei forum goes crazy :)

Also I am not sure that it is fair to count the Nook and the Nook Color in the same forum. That would be like counting Huawei S7 and the another Huawei device. If I am not wrong, the Nook is very different to the Nook Color.

3G not a concern of many, including myself. Yes Gpps would be nice, hopefully once we turn on the bluetooth, we can use a bluetooth gps reciever.

And sad to say but, since the S7 only has 256 mb of ram, which is low for even 2.1 and only 175 mb of app space, the S7 is not a consideration of a lot of people including myself. Would say it's decent tab for around $150-$180.

We might just do that before 2.2 is released. By then we will probably be calling your 2.2 with a 2.2 of our own.

We'll have 3.0 around the time we get 2.2 rom. :)

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
3G not a concern of many, including myself. ....since the S7 only has 256 mb of ram, which is low for even 2.1 and only 175 mb of app space, the S7 is not a consideration of a lot of people including myself.....

3G is a major concern for me. I am on the road a lot and I also use it as a wifi hotspot of my gf's ipad and my laptop when I am on the road.

The S7 has 512M of RAM, but you are correct about the app space. We do have apps2sd working and that makes the device incredibly useable for myself. Not really concerned about 2.2 unless it runs a lot better. I can live without flash. Having a front and back camera, (and now we have fring working) makes this an awesome, use anywhere video phone. :) I am happy for now and cannot complain about the value I am getting from a very cheap machine. Data plans are surprisingly good (in this part of the world) for this device.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
3G is a major concern for me. I am on the road a lot and I also use it as a wifi hotspot of my gf's ipad and my laptop when I am on the road.

The S7 has 512M of RAM, but you are correct about the app space. We do have apps2sd working and that makes the device incredibly useable for myself. Not really concerned about 2.2 unless it runs a lot better. I can live without flash. Having a front and back camera, (and now we have fring working) makes this an awesome, use anywhere video phone. :) I am happy for now and cannot complain about the value I am getting from a very cheap machine. Data plans are surprisingly good (in this part of the world) for this device.

As long as a device suites ones needs, you can't complain. I stand corrected on the memory stats, at 256 would have been a deal breaker for me, having already had other android devices with that amount. About the 3G, I myself already have a phone, which I have to have of course, which can tether to any device that support wifi. I find myself these days only using it to make calls, since my NC does everything else android wise better than my phone. Again, I have a phone for taking pic, which is a better practical size for taking pic compared to my NC, although an occasional skype video call would be cool.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am sort of thinking that you could use the phone camera via wifi or bluetooh for video chat with the nook. Essentially tether to your phone's camera. I have my dad setup this way since his laptop doesn't have a camera. He uses an iPhone 3Gs with an app that allows the video feed to port via wifi into the video chat app of choice. Pretty slick little way to do it without having to but a web cam.

In thereory there is no reason you couldn't do the same for the nook. That way you still only have your phone for all its uses plus as a video cam for chatting but use the nook for all its tasks including a larger screen to video chat with.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I am sort of thinking that you could use the phone camera via wifi or bluetooh for video chat with the nook. Essentially tether to your phone's camera. I have my dad setup this way since his laptop doesn't have a camera. He uses an iPhone 3Gs with an app that allows the video feed to port via wifi into the video chat app of choice. Pretty slick little way to do it without having to but a web cam.

In thereory there is no reason you couldn't do the same for the nook. That way you still only have your phone for all its uses plus as a video cam for chatting but use the nook for all its tasks including a larger screen to video chat with.

Really!? Do you know what this app is called? I'd be all set since, I always have my phone and NC with me.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
ummm....hey....didn't anyone notice....you are now the 3rd most popular forum (although Hauwei has more TOTAL posts).....

congrats!!
Peter

....wow....where Matt? Asleep at the wheel?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
ummm....hey....didn't anyone notice....you are now the 3rd most popular forum (although Hauwei has more TOTAL posts).....

congrats!!
Peter

....wow....where Matt? Asleep at the wheel?
Peter, thanks for the update! (Just got out of the shower!!!) Not sure what you mean...how do you measure popularity? I've been updating our "Beat Huawei" thread weekly with postcounts. Is there another measure I should be looking at? Who did we pass?

SECOND?!?!??!?!?!?! I just dawned on me. Holy carp, that's insane. Little old Nook (THE SO-CALLED "EREADER THAT THINKS IT'S A TABLET"! LOL) did that? Wow.

-Matt

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Well, right this second, we have over twice as many viewers as the Huawei forums! (137-317)