Welcome to the Bauhn Android Tablet Forum

SFC05

Feb 23, 2013
Hi All,

I bought Bauhn AMID-972XS from Aldi Sept '12, generally vrry happy with it. Yesterday bought Bauhn cover/bluetooth keyboard from Aldi, now to the problem.....
Keyboard has connected as per settings screen however keyboard does not work with any applications. I have tried a few suggestions list on this thread (clear data from google play servies, etc.) no joy so far, looking forward to suggestions.

Regards
Greg(

AussieLegend

Feb 24, 2013
I purchased an AMiD-9743G on Saturday and am having some minor issues. Unfortunately they're with two of the most important apps, Woolworth's and Domino's. Both apps load OK. I can login on the Domino's app but when I tap either the delivery or pick-up buttons the app crashes with the message "Unfortunately, Domino's Online Ordering has stopped." The Woolies app starts and there is functionality on several of the options but for options that need access to location services, the app will crash.

australioman

Feb 24, 2013
I have a Bauhn tablet 9.7 inch. When I connect it to my PC using usb cable it does not appear in my computer. Why?

skusz

Feb 25, 2013
Hi All,

I bought Bauhn AMID-972XS from Aldi Sept '12, generally vrry happy with it. Yesterday bought Bauhn cover/bluetooth keyboard from Aldi, now to the problem.....
Keyboard has connected as per settings screen however keyboard does not work with any applications. I have tried a few suggestions list on this thread (clear data from google play servies, etc.) no joy so far, looking forward to suggestions.

Regards
Greg(

Hi Greg,
We are also having the same problem with the keyboard, and from what I'm seeing online, so are alot of other people. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it.
Thanks,
Stephen.

AussieLegend

Feb 24, 2013
Hi Greg,
We are also having the same problem with the keyboard, and from what I'm seeing online, so are alot of other people. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear it.
Thanks,
Stephen.

I got the case/keyboard and haven't had a problem with the keyboard. My only whinge is that the tablet buttons don't quite match the ipad's, so it's a bit harder to wake up the tablet.

SFC05

Feb 23, 2013
Hi Greg,
Thanks,
Stephen.
Hi Stephen,

Other than pair the keyboard via Bluetooth was there anything else that you needed to do to get the keyboard working. I assume you have the keyboard working with your Bauhn tablet and not an Ipad or similar.
Any suggest fixes would be greatly appreciated...the small amount of hair I have is rapidly being pulled out.

Cheers Greg

Docsmith

Feb 25, 2013
I purchased the bluetooth keyboard on Saturday to go with my 972XS tablet purchased September 2012.
Got it to connect via bluetooth but could not get it to function.
Rang Tempo after sales and was advised it was only compatible with the tablet released last Saturday or with ipad, not with the previous tablet.
I have returned it to Aldi as advised by Tempo

SFC05

Feb 23, 2013
I purchased the bluetooth keyboard on Saturday to go with my 972XS tablet purchased September 2012.
Got it to connect via bluetooth but could not get it to function.
Rang Tempo after sales and was advised it was only compatible with the tablet released last Saturday or with ipad, not with the previous tablet.
I have returned it to Aldi as advised by Tempo
Thanks Doc,

Iguess I'll be returning mine also

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
I had a play with one of the keyboards in store, paired with my phone which runs Gingerbread 2.3.6 and it was fine, if it won't work with 971R or 972XS, could be a driver not present, but the OS update did include changes to Bluetooth.
I'm waiting to see if Tempo release another update to Jellybean as that is what the new tablet runs.
Sent from my GT-I8150T using Tapatalk 2

Lozza

Feb 28, 2013
G'day all
I am a 75 year old absolutly ignorant on tablets. My wife came home with one of these Bauhn tablets from Aldi. She thought it could come in handy on an upcoming Europe driving holiday, GPS, maps etc. Reluctantly, I somehow I managed to hook it up with a router and it seems to be working OK. I never stop shaking my head marvelling at what all this stuff can do.
Anyway I am having no luck with GPS. I cannot understand if you have to be in range of wi-fi how GPS could work in a car in the middle of nowhere. ANY advice as to how I can use the tablet overseas would be appreciated.
Please reply in very basic English

Lozza

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
GPS is standalone and communicates with satelites in space, there is a GPS transmitter/receiver inbuilt in your tablet, just like in a dedicated GPS device for the car, but you need a GPS navigation app to make use of it. Some will have AGPS which also can use the phone system as a shortcut for location, but it does use data, so there should usually be a software setting to turn off assistance and use it just by the GPS system.
There are GPS navigation apps available for purchase in Google Play store. Does the new tablet come already loaded with a navigation app?

Last edited:

AussieLegend

Feb 24, 2013
There are GPS navigation apps available for purchase in Google Play store. Does the new tablet come already loaded with a navigation app?

The AMiD-9743G comes with a Google based navigation app called (not surprisingly) "Navigation". For best use, it requires a SIM card be installed. It seems pretty reasonable. I downloaded "Androzic" as an alternative app and "GPS Test" is great for confirming that the GPS has started and tracking satellites - The tablet GPS can be a bit slow to start.

Lozza

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks boys

There were 23 apps installed on the tablet when purchased, including "navigation" "latitude" and "maps". To my untrained eye they all seem to perform the same task i.e either maps (as in Google maps) or landscape (as in Google Earth). With practice I should be able to figure it all out. Requires a SIM card? Don't laugh but I don't know what a SIM card is (read my original post) but shall ask around and follow up.
I still don't know much about all this, but I know a hellava lot more than I did 24 hours ago so thanks very much. At the very least I have questions I can ask.

Lozza

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Thanks boys

There were 23 apps installed on the tablet when purchased, including "navigation" "latitude" and "maps". To my untrained eye they all seem to perform the same task i.e either maps (as in Google maps) or landscape (as in Google Earth). With practice I should be able to figure it all out. Requires a SIM card? Don't laugh but I don't know what a SIM card is (read my original post) but shall ask around and follow up.
I still don't know much about all this, but I know a hellava lot more than I did 24 hours ago so thanks very much. At the very least I have questions I can ask.

Lozza

Basically, if the navigation app works properly without a SIM card, it's running fully off the GPS system, no mobile data to worry about consuming, that's what you want. If it needs a SIM and mobile data, it's pointless for travel use as it will use data, but so much worse if it has to roam. That would cost a bomb!
The device should store the maps locally, not update themselves on the fly over the mobile network.

I use an old Garmin/Asus A50 Android phone for my GPS, but have assistance turned off and it has an old, inactive SIM in there. It's got a much nicer GPS app integrated into the OS. Works much better than the Navigon GPS app in my newer Samsung Android phone. When the Garmin phone GPS maps are too old, I'll purchase another GPS app from Google Play for it and try to remove as much as possible of the Garmin software from the phone.