What extras do you think are most important?

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
I am looking at getting some extra bits to go with my tablet when it arrives next week

1) Spare USB charger cable - can use USB charger in the car.

2) Protective case

3) Spare memory cards -so I can pre load movies/ music.

4) External Keyboard. - have been offered a second hand bluetooth unit that was used on a PS3, don't know if it will work?

5) Cable to connect to my IPOD dock(for the external speakers) has a 3.5mm phone jack.Also have an adaptor to run my decent(cheap) headphones[honest they are cheap ones-Grado SR80] if I wanted to watch a movie in bed using the seperate headphone amp I have.

Is there anything else I may have missed?

morrighu

Jun 3, 2011
The biggest SD cards your tablet can handle. Tablets are meant to be mobile and having to carry around a collection of SD cards sort of flies in the face of that. So buy the biggest ones it will deal with - usually either 16GB of 32GB. I wish they'd start there and let me buy the 128GB :/ but no one seems to be that intelligent as yet.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
A case. And um...a case. then a dock or a spare charger. The rest of it is nice to have but there are streaming options for media. It doesn't matter if the battery is dead or the screen is scratched.

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
cheers guys, my list seems to mirror what you say and with the most important ones first.
The case is first priority- have scratched or cracked phone screens in the past.
Agree a spare charger/cable is vital, have a USB charger in each car for phones, sat nav, camera etc also have a mains invertor for anything else.

ShroomSJS

Jun 9, 2011
3) Spare memory cards -so I can pre load movies/ music.

I didn't even think about this. It's a great idea! Especially when we have a 12-hour flight in October with a 4-year-old. I could load a card up with Disney movies.

First, I have to buy a tablet though. :(

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
2Gb micro SD card purchased, going for the case with keyboard built in. Charger output is 5V @2000mA.

Last edited: