wm8650 won't stay on without charger!

troyg

Dec 31, 2011
I was hoping not to have to post this but heregoes, recieved my new mid 7" wm8650 today as the charger for my old one blew up and frazzled the unit, anyhow the unit will not stay on without the charger, I do not mind as I can still use the unit but it is much of a painh tyat i cannot move about with the device. It shows full battery constantly from out of the box but does not recognise that it is being charged, nor does it lose power. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
if it is still under warranty i would get an exchange

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

troyg

Dec 31, 2011
thanks, yes its still under warranty i bought a 2year one with it, i was really hoping not to have to send it back though this is my 2nd one and it was my xmas present :(, i was hoping there would be something i could fiddle around with on it a fix it, ive been browsing forums non stop, one of my problems being i dont know how to identify my model and wether it has been flashed and or rooted by the person i bought it from prior to purchase so that it can run market etc. upon fiddling about with the unit i found it can stay on without the charger but ONLY if i put it in sleep mode and charge for some time, but this is also annoying because battery just show 100% all the time, the device has some apps installed on it that lead me to think it may be pre flashed/rooted it has "dev tools(with terminal emulator)" and "spare parts" both with cog icons, im hoping this can help someone to help me i really dont want to give up on this tablet