Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

scottspa74

Jul 30, 2011
wow, the fike system on rhis phone is nuts. ! maybe i did somethinv wrong? i formatted card (but i think it was plugged into 7022 at the time). When I plug into a pc now, it opens 2 removable drives????!?? wtf? one seems to be sd,other has weird sdat-2 files, and tflash. If I go to tflash, it seems to be the root/base folder of sd. Anyone know what I did erong? or is it just a whack file system? Makes me wonder if sd ext2 is already setup/utilized? Any help much appreciated

zac

Mar 8, 2011
wow, the fike system on rhis phone is nuts. ! maybe i did somethinv wrong? i formatted card (but i think it was plugged into 7022 at the time). When I plug into a pc now, it opens 2 removable drives????!?? wtf? one seems to be sd,other has weird sdat-2 files, and tflash. If I go to tflash, it seems to be the root/base folder of sd. Anyone know what I did erong? or is it just a whack file system? Makes me wonder if sd ext2 is already setup/utilized? Any help much appreciated

Just to let you know this has been explained many times in this forum. Here it is again. MID 7022-4G has an inbuilt SD card which is what that 4G stands for (4 Gig) When you install and external MicroSD it can be found under "tflash" of the root of the inbuilt SDcard. When this is connected to a PC the computer sees 2 different external storage devices, the MicroSd and the internal NAND drive (4 Gig) and give it two drive letters (E: and F: for example). The one without the "tflash" folder is the MicroSD.

There is no problem formatting the card using MID-7022 as a reader. I did it that way and it worked fine. You just have to make sure to format the correct drive, though.

Hope this helps.

silmarila

Aug 14, 2011
by the way I removed COBY 7022 from supported list for my CM7 for now.

there is some reports about dead TS on 7022. I'm not sure what causes it. I think some are just defect hardware, some are just user didn't follow procedure and got wrongly calibrated TS(actually no problem). if you are using my CM7 and TS still works fine, please report.

I can't believe but if it's come from software, then just using clockworkmod recovery for EM73 also have a chance to kill your 7022 TS.
I'll try 7022 kernel on my EM73 when I get it.

I warn here but I'll not remove my files on my site because it's for EM73. there is no issue on EM73 and variants.

Hi all,
I'm new here.. this board has been a great help for me in installing Clockworkmod recovery and CM7 on my new Coby Kyros 7022 (3 days old).
Thanks to fun and daprospecta (and others) for all the contributions..

I'd like to add some notes here..

1. I wasn't able to install clockworkmod using fun's method (clockwork recovery.zip being renamed to update.zip after dump-recovery). dump-recovery worked fine, but clockwork-recovery could not be installed even after 10 or so attempts. The last straw that broke the camel's back was; I couldn't get into stock recovery, screen just says.. (blue words) "you are now in fastboot mode, Plug in USB ... waiting .." .
So I followed daprospecta's method of getting the ADB drivers installed on my Windows XP laptop, and get the coby kyros 7022 detected as "ADB Interface" on Device Manager (this took me some painful trial-n-errors, to get the right drivers installed on Windows XP.. if you're having trouble with XP detecting your Kyros 7022, msg me.. I might be able to help you). Then I flashed clockworkmod recovery using daprospecta's method using the "adb (fastboot)" commands.. This worked fine and everything else went smoothly from there (installing CM7)

2. I'm having trouble with the TS as mentioned by some other users here with the EM73 CM7. Once the device wakes, there's nothing you can do with the TS. Won't respond at all.. you have to reset the device, so it reboots, and only then u have access to the TS. But once it goes to sleep again, when it wakes, TS goes dead again.. It's not what fun said about some users not following procedure and got TS wrongly calibrated. I did calibrated the TS correctly on initial startup, but this happens again and again.. which leads me to believe it's the EM7-CM7 that causes this.

3. So I decided to try what fun suggested, that is to use the KYROS7022-CM7 .. and Lo, Behold, TS works perfectly !! I've had this KYROS7022-CM7 installed for a day or so, and TS has never backed out on me ever since. So I think it's the EM73 version of CM7 that's behaving erratically (for it not being the default CM7 for KYROS7022). Camera and HDMI doesn't work, as mentioned by others.. I'm yet to test out other stuff, but it seems everything works perfectly normal besides the camera & HDMI. I have also installed gapps from cyanogenmod's wiki site on the 7022, everything (including market) works fine. I'll keep you posted on what other things that don't work with the KYROS7022-CM7

Again, thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

mrapl001

Jul 13, 2011
After some trial and error, finally got dump recovery and clockworkmod on this bugger, thanks to daprospecta, fun and trickbiker for their help...! Now the real fun begins...:D

sarang

Aug 19, 2011
Hi all,
I'm new member and a first time android user... and I need some help
I have followed the steps and have installed cm7 successfully, but after the installation my device is not able to connect to WiFi nor to PC via USB....

now I don't know what to do... should I just restore my ROM or what ? .... please help!

silmarila

Aug 14, 2011
I have followed the steps and have installed cm7 successfully, but after the installation my device is not able to connect to WiFi nor to PC via USB....

Which device are you using? This thread is for the Coby Kyros 7022.. Did u make sure u installed the correct version of CM7 on your device?

sarang

Aug 19, 2011
Which device are you using? This thread is for the Coby Kyros 7022.. Did u make sure u installed the correct version of CM7 on your device?

my tablet is a Coby Kyros 7022, and yes I'm sure I have the right files.
since I'm new to android I have double checked everything before installing anything.

fun

Aug 19, 2010

for wifi, did you run "wipe data/factory reset" in recovery menu?

for USB, if you are talking about you can't mount internal NAND/external SD card from PC as USB mass storage, yes, you can't. read all messages carefully on my site and XDA thread.
if you are talking about adb, it should work.

by the way what do you want by installing CM7? you think CM7 is perfect ROM?

sarang

Aug 19, 2011
for wifi, did you run "wipe data/factory reset" in recovery menu?

for USB, if you are talking about you can't mount internal NAND/external SD card from PC as USB mass storage, yes, you can't. read all messages carefully on my site and XDA thread.
if you are talking about adb, it should work.

by the way what do you want by installing CM7? you think CM7 is perfect ROM?

yes I have run "wipe data/factory reset", wasn't I supposed to do that ?

I have installed CM7 because I was having a problem viewing RTL languages, I was told this could solve the problem...

fun

Aug 19, 2010
yes I have run "wipe data/factory reset", wasn't I supposed to do that ?

I have installed CM7 because I was having a problem viewing RTL languages, I was told this could solve the problem...

I see. sorry, wipe is required so you are right. I often got "wifi not work" report from person who didn't wipe but said "I followed correct procedure!".
please explain how "not able to connect wifi". what happen after wifi on? if you can see AP(s) after scan, then encryption settings may have issue.

I don't know well about Right-To-Left things but it may be good reason to use CM7.

sarang

Aug 19, 2011
I see. sorry, wipe is required so you are right. I often got "wifi not work" report from person who didn't wipe but said "I followed correct procedure!".
please explain how "not able to connect wifi". what happen after wifi on? if you can see AP(s) after scan, then encryption settings may have issue.

I don't know well about Right-To-Left things but it may be good reason to use CM7.

after turning the wifi on, I add the wifi-network but my coby keeps telling network is not in range.

I have even restore my backup ROM, and was able to connect, but after installing CM7 for the second time I had the same problem.