Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Okay so after much more reading I know what I have done. I put the 4k file instead of the 8k file the second time around. I have tried reinstalling the 8k file over and over but it still gets me to fastboot.

I have NOT bricked the it YAH!!! I can plug in the usb and it will get me the mass storage. I can turn on and off and it will do so without fastboot mess I got myself into.

I can't fix the try to go into recovery and only get fastboot.

Yes noob, idiot, hooray, any help would most certainly be appreciated.

I have installed Market, Netflix and all so I don't want to do anything that will brick my tablet. This is how I just came to buy the tablet this week :)

Im confused. To boot into recovery you press (BACK BUTTON [big circle] + POWER BUTTON). Fastboot is menu or home can't remember which + power.

Are you pressing wrong key configuration?

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011
Im confused. To boot into recovery you press (BACK BUTTON [big circle] + POWER BUTTON). Fastboot is menu or home can't remember which + power.

To try to get to recovery yes I big circle and power button but instead of recovery I end up in fastboot. Thanks

selpheed

Sep 15, 2011
* How to install/use ClockworkMod Recovery 4
1.Download this file
2.In windows format your SD card as FAT32 (not quick format)
3.create a folder by name sdcard in your SD CARD
4.Copy the above downloaded file to sdcard folder
5.rename the file as update.zip
6.Insert the sd card to MID7022
7.Go to Settings --> About Device -->System Updates --> Install System Updates --> FromSD card
clockworkmod will be booted on next reboot recovery.

I did it, but after the reset shows the figure of the android and an exclamation point and the unit freezes. after you hit the reset button it returns to normal but does not install clockwork.

any ideas?

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011

To try to get to recovery yes I big circle and power button but instead of recovery I end up in fastboot. Thanks

I tried power and home to see if I some how got the buttons mixed and no joy. I can't get to recovery only fastboot.

Any ideas??

fun

Aug 19, 2010

you are right. if you flashed non-working recovery image, BACK+POWER will fallback to fastboot.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I did it, but after the reset shows the figure of the android and an exclamation point and the unit freezes. after you hit the reset button it returns to normal but does not install clockwork.

any ideas?

it seems you didn't flash clockworkdmod. "stop at ! pic" happen if you don't hold BACK button long enough on stock recovery.
which "file" did you install?

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I tried power and home to see if I some how got the buttons mixed and no joy. I can't get to recovery only fastboot.

Any ideas??

what tablet do you have and which recovery file did you installed? there is no "4K" file for COBY MID7022, so I guess your tablet is not 7022 or you used wrong file.

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011
what tablet do you have and which recovery file did you installed? there is no "4K" file for COBY MID7022, so I guess your tablet is not 7022 or you used wrong file.
you are right. if you flashed non-working recovery image, BACK+POWER will fallback to fastboot.

I do have coby mid7022 and yeah I totally got the wrong file the second time around.

How do I get it to stop falling back to fastboot?

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011
I can't understand what you flashed but anyway I don't say "repeat several times".

I think you need to check more detail about your tablet than "I have 7022".

I placed the kryos7022-8k on my sd card as update.zip then booted it as instructed and the dump recovery as update.zip but with either file when it reboots I goto fastboot. I have tried this more than once but nothing. It would seem using the correct recovery image file isn't fixing the issue. I cannot get to clockwork only fastboot. The wrong recovery file that I booted was in the link below and of course I realized it to late. I'm sorry but I don't know anything other to tell you about the tablet. What else can I get to you to try and solve my I am an idiot mistake? Is there anyway to reset to out of box without being able to get to clockwork??

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I placed the kryos7022-8k on my sd card as update.zip then booted it as instructed and the dump recovery as update.zip but with either file when it reboots I goto fastboot. I have tried this more than once but nothing. It would seem using the correct recovery image file isn't fixing the issue. I cannot get to clockwork only fastboot. The wrong recovery file that I booted was in the link below and of course I realized it to late. I'm sorry but I don't know anything other to tell you about the tablet. What else can I get to you to try and solve my I am an idiot mistake? Is there anyway to reset to out of box without being able to get to clockwork??

I think the only way you can get recovery back is by doing same method Daprospecta did in the first post on this thread

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011
I think the only way you can get recovery back is by doing same method Daprospecta did in the first post on this thread

YES!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! It worked. Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):) as I speak for all newbies that get in over their head but want to have some fun.......THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
YES!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! It worked. Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):) as I speak for all newbies that get in over their head but want to have some fun.......THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Np as long as you have stock recovery backup and a clockworks mod rom backup then it should be easy to recover this tablet from any bricks. So far I havn't seen a case where someone bricked there MID7022 and not be able to unbrick it.