ICS on 7022

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Ok
Maybe this might work for you:
Install cm7 from the xda post (if you can and want to, install the lk.rom file)
Let it boot up
Reboot into cwm
Wipe both cache and dalvik
Format data, system, and boot
Flash my ics zip
Flash gapps
Flash root me zip
Reboot

Report back with results

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
Vampirefo, Thanks for doing all of this work even though you do not have this device. I do not have the serial number problem even with doing a full wipe so someone else on here should test it for that. I can test it in a little bit to see if it does fully boot up with your changes. I really need to learn how to build a rom. I just got a new phone so I could probably use my old optimus v to learn with. Not much of a big deal to brick something I don't use. That and the procedures have been written pretty clearly for it. Anyway if someone that is having the serial number problem can flash this and report back that would be great.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
No luck booting up on this one either, wish I could tell you if it asked for the serial, thanks fire your help any way

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
I just put up an alternate method that worked for me.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ethod-ics-7022-ics-gapps-root.html#post216346

Absolutely nothing I tried would get it going from one of these backups in this thread. Thankfully, all the work people did here led me to trying out the method that did work, so as a thank you I did a full writeup on it. Please feel free to make any corrections or changes to it and I'll try to update it.

Currently running ICS on my 7022 with that method, Gapps are all working as well as the Play Store. ICS seems to add a ton of apps to the market that come up as compatible that were previously not listed (incompatible).

Thanks for all the work you guys did that helped me get mine working.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
That's basically the same way I was able to do the update. Many here were trying to get around the need to use a serial number. Make sure you write down the serial number you used. You have to use the exact same one if you try to do another update using cobys app. It won't download the update without the same serial. Which they have been releasing updates. I'm glad you got ics working.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
Vampirefo, I tried your file and it booted fine for me. I did a full wipe of my tablet first. I am not sure why the file here work for some and not others. The 7022 file in the OP is the one from coby. That one should be able to be installed on everyones tablet. Can you give us any insight into this problem? I have heard that there was a revision on the 7022 this year so maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks for your help.

Reaper, How old is your tablet? Mine is from last August.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Vampirefo, I tried your file and it booted fine for me. I did a full wipe of my tablet first. I am not sure why the file here work for some and not others. The 7022 file in the OP is the one from coby. That one should be able to be installed on everyones tablet. Can you give us any insight into this problem? I have heard that there was a revision on the 7022 this year so maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks for your help.

im pretty sure i bought around november

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Yes they are different versions and kernels, my guess that is why they look for serial number only a certain data base of serial numbers might work.

I have been ask how I determined where serial number comes from.

If we look at init.m801_88.rc we see below service, this runs every boot.

start factorydata

service factorydata /system/bin/factorydata.sh
class main
user root
disabled
oneshot

Now if we look at /system/bin/factorydata.sh

#!/system/bin/sh

while [ ! -b /dev/block/ndda ]; do
sleep 1;
done

# Setup WIFI MAC
tccfactorydata -w > /data/softmac

# Setup Serial number
setprop ro.serialno `tccfactorydata -s`

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
yo piratesscareme would you be able to post your backup file with the the hdmi out working. i restore your other backup just now and it boots up just fine but i would really like to have the working hdmi, thanks

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
Reaper, I can make a backup later today. It is very interesting that now you did your own update you are able to restore from my backup. Previously you couldn't.

Vampirefo, Does this make any sense to you? If he had a different hardware version I would think a simple update would not fix anything. It would just give him a different kernal. Also he used a random serial number to update. Same thing I did to update so the serial number recorded by coby wouldn't necessarily match his tablet. I find this a little confusing.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
reaper, Here is a stock backup of the 13 update that has HDMI working.

2012-06-10.12.32.59 - Minus

Let me know if it works. Also do you still have have the update file from coby on your tablet? If you do can you post it. Maybe we can see if there are any differences between our downloads. This backup was made right after flashing the files and before I booted the tablet. So it should be just like you are starting it for the first time. It might take a little longer to boot. Also the backup file is the base file in the zip that directly has all the files in it. I am sure you know this as you got the other one to work but just thought I would point it out. Hope it works.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Its possible there is something a little wonky with my tablet the backup you just posted wouldn't restore, so I went back to restore mine and it won't restore either. I'm charging and gonna try again.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Reaper, I can make a backup later today. It is very interesting that now you did your own update you are able to restore from my backup. Previously you couldn't.

Vampirefo, Does this make any sense to you? If he had a different hardware version I would think a simple update would not fix anything. It would just give him a different kernal. Also he used a random serial number to update. Same thing I did to update so the serial number recorded by coby wouldn't necessarily match his tablet. I find this a little confusing.

I find it confusing as well, Never seen a tablet that only work part of the time, has to be something wrong with his hardware.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
I find it confusing as well, Never seen a tablet that only work part of the time, has to be something wrong with his hardware.

The same thing happened when I first got the tablet and was trying to put cwm recovery on it, I must have tried 100 times and then it all of the sudden worked