Looking for Help Rooting Coby MID9740

kimbunny

Apr 20, 2013
How do i restore from a dump file? Which file in my dump folder do I use? Do I use cwm to flash it?

kimbunny

Apr 20, 2013
Can anyone help me please? Ive tried zipping my dump and installing it through cwm, I tried putting the unzipped folder into cwm backups, Ive read all the forums and none of them are clear as to how you use a dump for recovery, only how to MAKE a dump... Which Ive already done.

If I can just get back to my dump, I can try to install the gapps ics 20120429 package, and not the Coby 9740 root Gapps, because I have that now and I cant turn on my wifi.

I need help please....

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can anyone help me please? Ive tried zipping my dump and installing it through cwm, I tried putting the unzipped folder into cwm backups, Ive read all the forums and none of them are clear as to how you use a dump for recovery, only how to MAKE a dump... Which Ive already done.

If I can just get back to my dump, I can try to install the gapps ics 20120429 package, and not the Coby 9740 root Gapps, because I have that now and I cant turn on my wifi.

I need help please....

new_version_9740_signed.zip

billshk13

Aug 20, 2013
download check checksum, place on sdcard

boot to cw recovery factory reset install.

Coby_9740_root_gapps.zip

you should not use factory reset from tablet if you have cw recovery install, that can cause problems

this time do factory reset from cw recovery then install

Coby_9740_root_gapps.zip

Vampirefo, the Coby_9740_root_gapps.zip file worked much better than I could have expected. I like the google interaction from your file. you did a great job on it, thank you so much. My daughter loves the fact that she can now use google play as well. I just bought you some coffee :)

billshk13